Lockout tentatively over!!

Shea Weber

May 13, 2011
Nashville
Preds cant say or do anything officially until the deal is ratified.

I had put in a deposit on a flex pack, then circumstances changed and I knew i wasnt going to be able to make many(or any) games this year and so I chose the first 12 home games of the season. Since its a flex pack Im thinking they cant force me to take tickets to games I dont want so I expect I'll get credited for the full amount of my missed games.

as for half plan holders, the preds would be stupid not to offer you guys the opportunity to get tix for all 24 games for what you have already paid... not sure how many would take that but from the preds standpoint that is much better than having to refund money and have empty seats...

True. Hope this is the case.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Predators general manager David Poile met with reporters earlier, and he started with a pretty stirring apology about the NHL lockout, which cost the league and its players half the season. Below is his statement.

“I’d like to apologize to the fans and anybody who cares about hockey and especially the Nashville Predators. This was a situation none of us really thought would happen. I think we’re all disappointed that it turned out the way it did. It’s really unfortunate, but like anything in life, whether it’s your relationship with the Predators and hockey, or your personal relationships, sometimes things go wrong and you need to apologize, and I’m apologizing. Sometimes you need forgiveness and you need to move on, and that’s what we’re going to do today.”

http://blogs.tennessean.com/predators/2013/01/07/poiles-apology/

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
I don't know how many of you have been watching some of the sports reports during the newscasts, but it's been kind of funny watching the players. The players all seem so excited when they talk about getting back to playing. How many times have you ever seen Weber smile in an interview? He's been almost giddy at times in some of these interviews.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Predators general manager David Poile met with reporters earlier, and he started with a pretty stirring apology about the NHL lockout, which cost the league and its players half the season. Below is his statement.

“I’d like to apologize to the fans and anybody who cares about hockey and especially the Nashville Predators. This was a situation none of us really thought would happen. I think we’re all disappointed that it turned out the way it did. It’s really unfortunate, but like anything in life, whether it’s your relationship with the Predators and hockey, or your personal relationships, sometimes things go wrong and you need to apologize, and I’m apologizing. Sometimes you need forgiveness and you need to move on, and that’s what we’re going to do today.â€

Say what you will about some of his moves but Poile is pure class. He had nothing to do with the lockout and that's the best apology I've seen so far from any team/person/player/owner/GM/coach etc.

golfmade

Go Preds Go
Dec 30, 2002
Idahoan in Taiwan

“I’d like to apologize to the fans and anybody who cares about hockey and especially the Nashville Predators. This was a situation none of us really thought would happen. I think we’re all disappointed that it turned out the way it did. It’s really unfortunate, but like anything in life, whether it’s your relationship with the Predators and hockey, or your personal relationships, sometimes things go wrong and you need to apologize, and I’m apologizing. Sometimes you need forgiveness and you need to move on, and that’s what we’re going to do today.â€

Thanks for sharing.

I don't know how many of you have been watching some of the sports reports during the newscasts, but it's been kind of funny watching the players. The players all seem so excited when they talk about getting back to playing. How many times have you ever seen Weber smile in an interview? He's been almost giddy at times in some of these interviews.

Any possible YT links to said videos?

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Interesting potential format:

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

In a 48-game schedule, there'll be no play between conferences. East plays East and West plays West. But here's the schedule matrix for 48:

Each team plays: 4 games vs. two Divisional opponents (8); 5 games vs. two divisional opponents (10); 3 games vs 10 Conference rivals (30).

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
What the FUUUUUUUUU....

Seriously, I would rather it be 7 vs. all division rivals and 20 in the west.

Really sucks for us in the Eastern Zone. As much as I love hockey and the Preds, I'm not up for catching a third period start at midnight on a Tuesday night.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Do you know how much of a fan revolt there would've been if there was a 7 x 4 divisional setup ... so you're going to make us pay full price AND we have to watch the Jackets 7 times ?

Didn't we get them 8 times a couple season ago?

How about the totally uneven scheduling that this creates. I can see now that the Preds will get the Blues/Hawks 5 times and the Wings/Jackets 4 times. Then in our 3 games against the rest of the conference i'm sure that we'll play 2 road games against the Canucks, Sharks and Kings with 2 home games against the Flames and Ducks...

Okay, maybe not, but it is possible and it will happen to some team(s) and then there's all kinds of excuses for team performance built into the schedule.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
He just cashed a 13 million dollar check of course he has been smiling

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Interesting potential format:

In a 48-game schedule, there'll be no play between conferences. East plays East and West plays West. But here's the schedule matrix for 48:

Each team plays: 4 games vs. two Divisional opponents (8); 5 games vs. two divisional opponents (10); 3 games vs 10 Conference rivals (30).

I don't mind the Western Conference only aspect. The unbalanced divisional schedule is troubling.

sighthndlady

Sep 29, 2006
So is there any chance that they will leave the first week or two of the schedule pretty much as it was originally set - meaning we open at home against Chicago? That would be very, very nice!

I sure would like to get the home dates on my calendar. If they move a whole bunch of them to different nights I'm screwed.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Uneven divisional scheduling is very troubling. Some teams will have huge advantages if that happens. 7X4 is a much more even solution.

That being said, it will be very interesting to see what happens this season. Our roster is pretty much the same sans Suter. Obviously that is a huge hole, but I am relatively confident in guys like Josi, Ellis, and Blum to soften the blow.

If not, all aboard the fail boat for Seth Jones!

sighthndlady

Sep 29, 2006
Uneven divisional scheduling is very troubling. Some teams will have huge advantages if that happens. 7X4 is a much more even solution.

Well, it is only two games out of the 48. They should do it sort of the way the NFL does, though, based on last year's division rankings:

#1 should play #2 and #3 - #2 away and #3 at home
#2 should play #1 and #4 - #4 away and #1 at home
#3 should play #1 and #5 - #1 away and #5 at home
#4 should play #2 and #5 - #5 away and #2 at home
#5 should play #3 and #4 - #3 away and #4 at home

For Central division, that would be:

Blues play Wings and @Preds
Preds play Blues and @Hawks
Wings play Jackets and @Blues
Hawks play Preds and @Jackets
Jackets play Hawks and @Wings

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib
#nhlpa announces player ratification. Memo of Understanding must be signed for any league business, camp openings, scheds, transactions

Hearing once MOU is signed by NHL and NHLPA - we're still waiting and don't know exactly when - signings/trades legal 2 hours after that.

Preditan

Jan 12, 2013
My Preds mancave is officially back open. AH I can't wait to open the door to the cave and hear Pete and Crispy on my TV. :handclap::handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad