Lockout tentatively over!!

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
when is the home opener????

i want to rage 501 broadway!

No schedule till likely Tuesday, although openers likely to leak possibly tomorrow. Season start date up in air, but it will be a 48 game schedule and camp won't open prior to Saturday at the earliest...

Start date likely Jan. 19th, but that's just my opinion.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
No schedule till likely Tuesday, although openers likely to leak possibly tomorrow. Season start date up in air, but it will be a 48 game schedule and camp won't open prior to Saturday at the earliest...

Start date likely Jan. 19th, but that's just my opinion.

I have heard that date on other boards.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Jan 19 was the declared 'drop dead date' ie the latest that the season could begin and still get in 48 games. If the I's get dotted and the T's get crossed and the CBA is ratified by wednesday the 9th that would allow an 8 day training camp which is about as close as it can be cut.

there was talk that if the deal had been done friday and ratified by monday they could have had a 50 game season beginning on the 15th but I think thats out the window now...

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
Jan 19 was the declared 'drop dead date' ie the latest that the season could begin and still get in 48 games. If the I's get dotted and the T's get crossed and the CBA is ratified by wednesday the 9th that would allow an 8 day training camp which is about as close as it can be cut.

there was talk that if the deal had been done friday and ratified by monday they could have had a 50 game season beginning on the 15th but I think thats out the window now...

Yeah, there was a memo from league tonight that 48 game season. Camps to start no sooner than Saturday and possibly not until Monday. That's why the 19th might be out, but also gives teams 4-5 days to hold camp for start on the 19th. There are no preseason games.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Yeah, there was a memo from league tonight that 48 game season. Camps to start no sooner than Saturday and possibly not until Monday. That's why the 19th might be out, but also gives teams 4-5 days to hold camp for start on the 19th. There are no preseason games.

yikes... no sooner than saturday? I guess the overseas guys will need travel time, though...

also cant imagine how its gonna go for teams that truly have several spots up for grabs... glad our roster is basically set.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Saturday night I was reading a few blogs that kept saying a deal was done or about done but none were confirming it. I couldn't stay up any longer and had to go to bed but when I got up Sunday morning this was the top news story. Then at church a lot of people were excited and talking about the lockout being over.

A member of the TV production crew goes to my church and he said that what he was hearing, but not for sure, was that teams would use the same schedule dates but some teams would be different since there is no eastern conference games. And that the regular season would go to almost the end of April. (Which means that the Cup might not be awarded until near the end of June, meaning we would have a huge conflict with the arena and fan fare!;))

I think I would rather have the first game be the 19th instead of the 15th anyway, opening night on a Saturday night on Broadway in Smashville! But since it might be against chicago, I hope their fans haven't bought tickets and never made plans to come down here.

Anyway, I'm still mad at you, but welcome back Preds. Make the lockout worth it.

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
No preseason games and a short camp? Gonna be some rusty first few games for everyone. This years playoff race will be ridiculous too. Every game matters!

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
You would think that they could open camp on Thu/Fri for players in NA who haven't been playing and then give the guys in Europe who are already in game shape until Sun/Mon to report.

Im thinking that would be considered a competitive advantage for teams with less players in europe.

they'll have a uniform start date where everyone can be there...

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
So after Fehr drug things out to get most of the key points from the owners' October proposal we still need the final wording drawn up ... both sides to vote on the thing (owners tentatively voting Wed from what I've seen) ... figure out a schedule ...then get everyone in town for a rush to insanity.

I'd hate to guess the over/under on sports hernias and hammy pulls in the first two weeks of the shortened season.

Can we please send Fehr someplace ... he's been a cancer for MLB and the NHL ... maybe put him in charge of the Iranian nuclear program so it comes to a screeching halt?

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
So after Fehr drug things out to get most of the key points from the owners' October proposal we still need the final wording drawn up ... both sides to vote on the thing (owners tentatively voting Wed from what I've seen) ... figure out a schedule ...then get everyone in town for a rush to insanity.

I'd hate to guess the over/under on sports hernias and hammy pulls in the first two weeks of the shortened season.

Can we please send Fehr someplace ... he's been a cancer for MLB and the NHL ... maybe put him in charge of the Iranian nuclear program so it comes to a screeching halt?

At least we don't have Arnott on the roster anymore! :laugh:

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
The Atlantic and Central divisions are kind of screwed by the short season scheduling. Going to be a whole lot of awesome hockey to watch though.

Predsboro

Feb 29, 2008
I know some of the Preds players had been holding unofficial practices early in the lockout. Has that continued at all, or will everyone be kind of rusty other than their daily skating?

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Key to this season: HEALTH. Every injury to a starter is going to be felt a lot more in this condensed schedule.

Luckily it sounds like most of our guys are healthy and we have great depth in the pipeline. I feel for teams like the Kings who have injured players. Kopitar won't be playing for another 3 weeks minimal. Good for us, bad for them.

SavageSteve

Mar 28, 2008
Nashville, TN
48 game season.

24 home games.

I have already paid for 23 (half season). Wonder how this will work?

I wondered the same thing too... plus we had already been promised a 'free' game in our half-season packages amounting to '24' games. My guess is they give us half (12) this season and give us the credit to either renew for next or spring for the playoffs now.

Shea Weber

May 13, 2011
Nashville
I wondered the same thing too... plus we had already been promised a 'free' game in our half-season packages amounting to '24' games. My guess is they give us half (12) this season and give us the credit to either renew for next or spring for the playoffs now.

Yeah that sounds about right.

I'm shocked I haven't received an email from the Preds. Even just saying "HOCKEY IS BACK IN SMASHVILLE!" Stay tuned for more info.

I guess after CBA is ratified that email will go out immediately.

Can't wait to get back in the barn. Cheers!

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
I'm suprised by the lack of info from the Preds as well, considering I get multiple e-mails a week from the team.

Oh well, Hope my job will understand I have season tickets and need to leave early some days!

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Preds cant say or do anything officially until the deal is ratified.

I had put in a deposit on a flex pack, then circumstances changed and I knew i wasnt going to be able to make many(or any) games this year and so I chose the first 12 home games of the season. Since its a flex pack Im thinking they cant force me to take tickets to games I dont want so I expect I'll get credited for the full amount of my missed games.

as for half plan holders, the preds would be stupid not to offer you guys the opportunity to get tix for all 24 games for what you have already paid... not sure how many would take that but from the preds standpoint that is much better than having to refund money and have empty seats...

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I'm suprised by the lack of info from the Preds as well, considering I get multiple e-mails a week from the team.

Oh well, Hope my job will understand I have season tickets and need to leave early some days!

My guess is that all 30 teams are brainstorming the PR side and are going to be real careful before announcing any big moves. I wouldn't expect any ticket information for a couple days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad