Lockout tentatively over!!

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Cap exempt buyouts won't be until next summer. Not sure if there will be a buyout period in the next week but I suspect there won't be, or if there is not many teams would use it because it would still count against the cap

Just checked. Teams are able to do so starting June 1st.
via TSN

I don't think it's something this team needs to concern themselves with. Maybe Gaustad is an exception. 3.25 for a 4th line center, good grief.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Have to ask, when do the buyouts start? I would be curious about signing Vinny LeC and a boughtout defenseman.

Vinny: 64GP, 22G, 27A.

0.0001% chance Vinny gets bought out. He is worth about 4-5mil, and it's not worth losing a player of his calibre for 2mil. When Carle is signed to a 5.5mil contract as a free agent, you can't tell me Vinny isn't worth at least that.

Gomez, Olesz, Redden, Komisarek, and Horcoff are the type of buyouts you'll see.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Just checked. Teams are able to do so starting June 1st.
via TSN

I don't think it's something this team needs to concern themselves with. Maybe Gaustad is an exception. 3.25 for a 4th line center, good grief.

we arent hurting for cap space, but we are still not a rich team. Buying out anyone unless they just physically cant play(dumont) makes no sense for us.

If we decide we cant afford Gaustad(unlikely IMO) we will do another Lombardi type trade rather than buy him out.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
I say there should be a new chant when they start loafing on the ice. Greedy b*st*rds.

Granted, there shouldn't be any with a short season. Every game counts. They need to bring it to earn some of my respect back as a fan. Glad this happened since football season is basically over for me.

Go Preds. Give em helllllllll.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
0.0001% chance Vinny gets bought out. He is worth about 4-5mil, and it's not worth losing a player of his calibre for 2mil. When Carle is signed to a 5.5mil contract as a free agent, you can't tell me Vinny isn't worth at least that.

Gomez, Olesz, Redden, Komisarek, and Horcoff are the type of buyouts you'll see.

I'll be interested to see if Vancouver buys out Louongo....(assuming they cant trade him)

and he Isles will almost certainly buy out DiPietro

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
I'll be interested to see if Vancouver buys out Louongo....(assuming they cant trade him)

Barring a career-ending injury, Luongo will be traded. He may not get what Gillies wants for him, but teams like TOR, NYI, TBL, CLB, etc. will certainly give something for him.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010

You can't buy-out players on LTIR according to the new deal. So Philly can't do anything about Pronger either.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
You can't buy-out players on LTIR according to the new deal. So Philly can't do anything about Pronger either.

is DiPietro on LTIR? I thought he played last year....

and Im wondering if the new CBA will allow just the two cap exempt buyouts to be applied to LTIR players

the fair way to do it would be to pay the LTIR players their full salary amount but take the cap hit away, with the understanding that if the players came back to play before their original contract was up, they would forfeit any additional funds due them...

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Don't actually know if DiPietro on LTIR. I had just assumed he was considering his condition/history.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Don't actually know if DiPietro on LTIR. I had just assumed he was considering his condition/history.

NYI took Dipietro off of IR in August. He denied the reports out of Germany that he injured his groin playing overseas as well.

He did walk into a door during the negotiations, and is expected to miss camp due to a broken collar bone :sarcasm:

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Dear NHL,

If you want to make whole with the fans that's cool, that's a responsible business practice. But if you want to do right, make the arena workers whole.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad