OT - NO POLITICS Local COVID-19 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Thanks. I'm cheating and doing the vape but still... feel 1000% better than i did a month ago...and i can breathe!

Sounds like a win to me! I just ordered myself a Juul. I've been telling myself "I'm going to quit" for years. Maybe it's time to just f***ing do it.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Concur - as long as you at least start with something strong enough to satisfy the nic hunger, it's easy to move off of cigarettes.

yes.. i used NicSalts .. Juul wasnt strong enough for me

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
Sounds like a win to me! I just ordered myself a Juul. I've been telling myself "I'm going to quit" for years. Maybe it's time to just f***ing do it.
Quitting smoking was the 2nd hardest thing I’ve ever had to quit but was so worth it. Even though it took me a couple of tries to fully do.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beerz

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Covid-19-Transmission-graphic-01.gif

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Praying I don't get it. Cause I'm more susceptible being a chronic smoker
God speed all, and keep safe. Love.
Friendly reminder that there are always alternate ways to ingest your chronic if it is an important part of your day to day.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I’m trying to right now.

I read a statistic (shared by Debbie Birx iirc) that said in China they found out men age 40+ that smoke are 8-10% more likely to die from covid-19.

So I’m really trying to use it as motivation. I’ve been telling myself to quit forever too. I’m hoping this time I can do it. I have a few packs left and as of now have no plans of going to buy more (easier to say while I still have some left...)

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015

Spooky. I hope they have some type of plan in place to divide and isolate their divisions moving forward, so the entire police force doesn’t end up sick down the road.

A friend of a friend on another site has a buddy who runs 4 police divisions. He said that’s what they did there. His buddy went out and found 4 separate office spaces for each of the 4 divisions he runs. Normally they were all packed into 1 building, so if 1 guy got sick he was scared it could infect all 4 divisions and take out much of that city’s police force.
Smart!

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
knowledgeable people:

What are the possible explanations as to why the US and South Korea have had such drastically lower mortality rates than places like Spain or Italy?

the difference is significant.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
knowledgeable people:

What are the possible explanations as to why the US and South Korea have had such drastically lower mortality rates than places like Spain or Italy?

The US isn't hitting the caps of hospitals (yet). Italy had to turn down care to people due to having no room in hospitals, and the mortality rate went up when that started happening. If the US gets overrun, which is certainly possible, the mortality rate will start rising.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
knowledgeable people:

Socialized medicine plays a big part. I have friends that are dual citizens Spanish/UK and Italian/UK, they will do elective procedures in Spain/Italy as waits are shorter, but they run back to the UK for anything major. Now my more affluent friends run straight to Bumrungrad Hospital in Bangkok as its equal to the best in the west. One of my friends had a heart attack last year, was treated there to include stents and his primary doc at Vanderbilt told him how great his care was.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
knowledgeable people:

Dr Fauci addresses that in interview in the post right above yours. He says the travel bans were very beneficial.

My non-expertise opinion? Those Europeans like to do the double face kiss to everyone they meet.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Someone also explained that the hard hit countries have inaccurate mortality rates (skewing high) because only the severe are getting tested. Which makes sense logically at least.

Reactions: Husko

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
Those Europeans like to do the double face kiss to everyone they meet.
Haha. That’s a very sweeping statement for a continent that has a vast number of cultures, countries and languages :)
I lived in Germany for a few years and they don’t have any time for that kissy-face crap.

Reactions: Chainshot
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad