OT - NO POLITICS Local COVID-19 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

Pretty good explanation on how they are going to establish temporary ICUs in existing buildings working with states.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
A lot of people are wondering if their respiratory bug from earlier this year was this, or something else.

My wife came down with a bug on January 3rd and she had a bad cough for most of the month. Her PCP felt like it might be the flu. But, my wife tested negative for Influenza A & B three times (2 rapid tests and one longer test).

They left it as a "flu-like virus" which could have been this or some other "flu-like virus".

:dunno:
I had bronchitis back in Mid October, that took me almost a month to fully kick, lost my voice for 2 weeks while I had it, they said it was viral first so they gave me steroids, but that didn't work so I went back and then they said probably bacterial so I got a Z-Pack and that finally kicked it.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
Welp, today is the first day of everyone working from home for my company. Friday a limited amount did and I also did Saturday as it was my Saturday to work this month. I’ve been trying to get into my work system for 2 hours as my boss asked me to confirm I could get onto the new server before my shift, as I work 1-9:30. And I still haven’t had success and only one person on my team has. This is going to be interesting.

I’m also fighting off a sinus cold which sucks. I don’t think it is covid at all because I don’t have a fever, and my lungs are fine. It’s all sinus pressure and the like. But I’ve been taking my temperature regularly since it started yesterday and will continue to monitor it.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Just so everyone knows we're only testing people with a fever of 100.5+ and a cough. Those seem to be the most common symptoms.

Allergies are peaking at this time of year, so dont worry if you have a cough and nasal drip. Just remember a fever and a dry cough as being the most common symptoms.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
The main symptoms seems to be a fever, dry unproductive cough and trouble breathing (chest tightness, discomfort taking deeper breaths, etc), but everyone is different. Stay out of public places if sick.

New-Coronavirus-vs.-flu_ver3-1-scaled.jpg

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
One more chart: also, if you have any covid-19 related questions/concerns, the point of contact in NY is your local health dept (see link above for contact info). I am guessing it’s probably the same in many states.
2499x2800_438342979156.jpg

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
One more chart: also, if you have any covid-19 related questions/concerns, the point of contact in NY is your local health dept (see link above for contact info). I am guessing it’s probably the same in many states.
2499x2800_438342979156.jpg

Just to save everyone else from having to google it like I just did, myalgia and arthralgia are muscle and joint pain, respectively.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Just so everyone knows we're only testing people with a fever of 100.5+ and a cough. Those seem to be the most common symptoms.

Allergies are peaking at this time of year, so dont worry if you have a cough and nasal drip. Just remember a fever and a dry cough as being the most common symptoms.

My younger son is coughing to the point that he has no voice left.

But, he doesn't have a fever and it's his usual spring allergy thing.

I'm not worried that he has COVID-19. But, I think other people in the family might be.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel

Same screening criteria South Korea used.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Yeah I saw that, but it's woefully inadequate. We should be releasing in the hundreds if not thousands. 40 is a drop in the bucket.

Meh.. maybe? If you have 1000's that are at the end of their sentence and have no past issues with violence I might be with you.. I don't know. It certainly is a weird situation to think about.

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
I just read you have 20,000 confirmed cases in the State. How can you not be on full lockdown yet?
Our Prime Minister just put our whole country on lockdown for four weeks from Thursday because we hit 100. Only "essential services" continue to operate. Public transport is not one of them. We're trying to hit it on the head now, before it gets out of control. It's a strange experience watching your country's leader stand in front of the nation and tell them we are shutting down because just trying to mitigate impacts by flattening the curve would still lead to tens of thousands of people dying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad