GDT: Live from Rio: Oilers in Carnaval!!! Game time 11 Pm in Brazil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
@5 Mins 4 Ftg I hope you amazing trip is going well!

Lets see what kind of response the Oilers have tonight after losing 2 of the past 3, and both to opponents they need to beat.

Going great thx! Although I’m going to need a vacation to recover from this vacation.

If the Oilers don’t respond to my Carnaval vibes they don’t have a pulse.

I heard Brazil had a large contingent of Oilers fans. Find a Hockey bar and report back.

I’m in a jungle looking out at a massive waterfall right now from my hotel veranda having a Diablo (tasty tequila drink) so I’m afraid I’m the Hockey Bar tonight!

IMG_9842.jpeg

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Going great thx! Although I’m going to need a vacation to recover from this vacation.

If the Oilers don’t respond to my Carnaval vibes they don’t have a pulse.

I’m in a jungle looking out at a massive waterfall right now from my hotel veranda having a Diablo (tasty tequila drink) so I’m afraid I’m the Hockey Bar tonight!

View attachment 818954

Wow Pretty sick dude.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
View attachment 818899

I’m in Brazil right now and heading to Rio tomorrow and don’t see a GDT so here is the quickie to get it going.

View attachment 818902

It’s Carnaval time!

View attachment 818905

View attachment 818911

View attachment 818903

Return of Klim

View attachment 818904

Fearless Prediction; Oilers 5, Wings 2

View attachment 818908

GDT Music: Whatever she’s dancing to below.

GDT don’t lose.

I used to live in Rio. If you need any tips on places to go or where to eat send me a PM.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Man I never considered Brazil as vacay destination. I just default to Mexico. I really got to look into this now.

At the Iguazú Falls which is beyond amazing. Spent 2 days here enroute to Rio for a few days of tours there and some fun in the sun!

People in South America have been great, food is great, scenery has been next level.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
At the Iguazú Falls which is beyond amazing. Spent 2 days here enroute to Rio for a few days of tours there and some fun in the sun!

People in South America have been great, food is great, scenery has been next level.
Is there lots of poverty? U hear lots on the poverty issue.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I used to live in Rio. If you need any tips on places to go or where to eat send me a PM.

Nice! We have a couple days of organized tours with our small group plus it’s Carnaval and Mrs5 will want some beach/pool time I’m sure so not sure how much time we have to explore on our own but if we get extra time I’ll shoot you a PM thank you!

We’re covering the main tourist sites and of course a Brazilian bbq is on tap for tomorrow night. I’m saving room for it by just eating heaping platefuls of pasta tonight and drinking tequila instead of beer.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Is there lots of poverty? U hear lots on the poverty issue.

Honestly not as bad as I thought but it’s there. Countryside has been very nice. Problem as I understand is the gap between very wealthy and poor is huge but everywhere we’ve been has been surprisingly good. We steer clear of the slums as it’s not safe. The big cities have their areas that are bad but honestly Chicago and LA do as well.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Some no name Bobby McMann has 3 goals. Meanwhile Brown still at zero. You can’t even make this stuff up.

Reactions: Duke74

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
I see the D pairs are back to normal. Thoughts?
Don't know why they changed it in the first place. Win 16, lose a game where they deserved to win, then they switched it up the last few games and looked terrible. Stupid decision and a rare miss for Knobblauch. Possibly cost the team points.

Reactions: Duke74

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Ok folks,

Here’s the deal. I’m going to watch Mr Robot at 8:00. So I’ll miss a period or two. If anyone is angry, blame my coworker. She is the one that told me to watch it. I’ll check in later
That movie and the Oiler game will be the same in one aspect.

Connor Brown will score zero goals in each.

• Haha
Reactions: tardigrade81
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad