Tarnation
Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Penn State is taking the wood to the Badgers

Some late push. I like seeing Linus taking the draw on the late 5-on-3 and then creating something after they re-established possession. But yeah, Penn St. is the better team tonight.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Some late push. I like seeing Linus taking the draw on the late 5-on-3 and then creating something after they re-established possession. But yeah, Penn St. is the better team tonight.
More physical and simpler in their zone coverage.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017

Weissbach might be hearing from the B1G for this...

Yeah, you can't do that, terribly dangerous hit.

I've said this before though, in NCAA hockey they give zero f***s about each other, everyone on the ice is in kill mode. And often times the refs let the situation escalate by calling loose games.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Yeah, you can't do that, terribly dangerous hit.

I've said this before though, in NCAA hockey they give zero ****s about each other, everyone on the ice is in kill mode. And often times the refs let the situation escalate by calling loose games.

Full face masks and no fighting, with only a couple games a week, makes boys very bold.

I suspect if a guy Weissbach's size tried that in the O, he would be swallowing his own teeth by the end of the game.

Reactions: Fezzy126

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Full face masks and no fighting, with only a couple games a week, makes boys very bold.

I suspect if a guy Weissbach's size tried that in the O, he would be swallowing his own teeth by the end of the game.

Testosterone and collegiate rooting interests make it even more heightened. Ahcan on the Badgers did this sort of hit in Happy Valley too after PSU was getting physical. Maybe Granato’s not teaching them to respect their opponents.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Testosterone and collegiate rooting interests make it even more heightened. Ahcan on the Badgers did this sort of hit in Happy Valley too after PSU was getting physical. Maybe Granato’s not teaching them to respect their opponents.

I remember watching Brook Orpik's brother, I want to say Andrew, absolutely blow someone up, open ice, nowhere near the puck, worse than the old Bure Elbow. It was insane and in any league other than ncaa it would have been a full brawl.

I was thinking back to when Kassian was a prospect. He would have been better off going to d1 in his draft year like Jack, he wouldn't have picked up a suspension all year.

Disclaimer: I'm saying in an alternative reality where he wasn't in O at all and eligible. And didn't go to house parties.etc

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I remember watching Brook Orpik's brother, I want to say Andrew, absolutely blow someone up, open ice, nowhere near the puck, worse than the old Bure Elbow. It was insane and in any league other than ncaa it would have been a full brawl.

I was thinking back to when Kassian was a prospect. He would have been better off going to d1 in his draft year like Jack, he wouldn't have picked up a suspension all year.

Disclaimer: I'm saying in an alternative reality where he wasn't in O at all and eligible. And didn't go to house parties.etc

Considering Zack’s off-ice issues, I don’t think that was ever an option.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Something to not overlook is that Linus has only 1 assist in his last 6 games, punctuated with the 5-and-a-game incident in the OSU game above. The Badgers need him to be better. At one point I was wondering if he'd be in the running as a possible Sheary replacement as early as next year, but right now, looking in on some Wisconsin games and wonder at his readiness for the pro game, let alone competing for a roster spot out of camp.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Something to not overlook is that Linus has only 1 assist in his last 6 games, punctuated with the 5-and-a-game incident in the OSU game above. The Badgers need him to be better. At one point I was wondering if he'd be in the running as a possible Sheary replacement as early as next year, but right now, looking in on some Wisconsin games and wonder at his readiness for the pro game, let alone competing for a roster spot out of camp.
Did he get suspended?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Picked up the 2ndary assist on Caufield's third of the game, putting the Badgers up 4-3 on the Irish.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad