Prospect Info: Linus Weissbach (2017, 192nd) signed to ELC

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Maybe and I'm just spit ballin' here: job #1 isn't finding a way to allow Universities to continue to make money acting as developmental sports leagues.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
No mention of Weissbach in Wheeler's Sabres Top 20 Prospects, nor in his honorable mentions. I still have high hopes for the kid.

EDIT: I see both Weissbach and Biro have aged out. In 2021 Wheeler had Weissbach at #8 and Biro at #10.

Last edited:

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Has to be one of the bigger pleasant surprises of this camp.

What are his realistic career prospects?
Good skater, not a bad playmaker and scorer but bottom 6 in that regard. Not bringing a whole lot more so if he can put together a specialty, like defense or find more of a scoring touch, he could be a regular. For now, he's kind of a tweener. He's small but noticeable when he's on the ice.

We've sat on him for a while, he's 24 and his ELC is up after this season so I'm sure he's looking to get noticed in his 2nd AHL season and could see a call up if he's performing well. There will be several forwards that the Sabres may want to get a look at so it will be interesting to see who stands out but this will be a big year for Linus if he's hoping to get another NHL contract.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Good skater, not a bad playmaker and scorer but bottom 6 in that regard. Not bringing a whole lot more so if he can put together a specialty, like defense or find more of a scoring touch, he could be a regular. For now, he's kind of a tweener. He's small but noticeable when he's on the ice.

We've sat on him for a while, he's 24 and his ELC is up after this season so I'm sure he's looking to get noticed in his 2nd AHL season and could see a call up if he's performing well. There will be several forwards that the Sabres may want to get a look at so it will be interesting to see who stands out but this will be a big year for Linus if he's hoping to get another NHL contract.
The more competition for roster spots, the better. The more options Adams has for trade packages, the better.

Unexpected development from a player like Weissbach is found money.

Reactions: Matt Ress

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad