Speculation: Lineys for Whitey.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Not to mention a player coming off an "off year" having his confidence take a huge hit and then before he gets a chance to get up off the mat to redeem himself he gets kicked in the teeth .. has to be absolutely crushing for him.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
if he gets benched then that's on him for letting Anisimov show him up

I never understand why fans get upset when management is finally making players accountable.

I think its more the lack of consistency, and a difference in opinions on who merits to get mins

People see Zaitsev getting crushed but still recieving top pair mins, for example, while DeMelo was excellent with Chabot but relagated to the bottom pair with Boro all year.

Another issue is it's impossible to know how guys actually performed at camp for ouselves, so we are left to take the word of team management, but we get conflicting reports wrt White who early on was said to be one of the top performers but is now not. That very well may be true, but its that dissonance that gets people questioning things.

We had a crowded group at center, Tierney and Stepan were never going to be pushed out regardless of their camp imo. I have no doubt Norris earned his spot, and i don't think DJ likes White for a 4th line role. I don't really think we were ever going to see White in for Anisamov on the 4th line. Once Norris cracked the roster, White was either a winger or a bench warmer.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I think its more the lack of consistency, and a difference in opinions on who merits to get mins

People see Zaitsev getting crushed but still recieving top pair mins, for example, while DeMelo was excellent with Chabot but relagated to the bottom pair with Boro all year.

Another issue is it's impossible to know how guys actually performed at camp for ouselves, so we are left to take the word of team management, but we get conflicting reports wrt White who early on was said to be one of the top performers but is now not. That very well may be true, but its that dissonance that gets people questioning things.

We had a crowded group at center, Tierney and Stepan were never going to be pushed out regardless of their camp imo. I have no doubt Norris earned his spot, and i don't think DJ likes White for a 4th line role. I don't really think we were ever going to see White in for Anisamov on the 4th line. Once Norris cracked the roster, White was either a winger or a bench warmer.
could just be them trying to build his confidence up then realizing that he just isn't responding and are now trying something different?

From all accounts he wasn't that great in the scrimmage for someone fighting for a spot? Wolanin played his way on

I think if Anisimov worked hard in the summer and came prepared then he should atleast get a shot first. Who knows maybe we see white put in tomorrow.

Either way I don't mind players being held accountable. White's turn will come and he better show up

You could be right maybe he had to battle Tierney or some wingers for a spot

JimmySpaetzle

May 16, 2014
I don't understand some of these decisions on the Sens' part. We're not gonna be competitive this year, so can't we just let the younger guys play instead of older veterans?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
could just be them trying to build his confidence up then realizing that he just isn't responding and are now trying something different?

From all accounts he wasn't that great in the scrimmage for someone fighting for a spot? Wolanin played his way on

I think if Anisimov worked hard in the summer and came prepared then he should atleast get a shot first. Who knows maybe we see white put in tomorrow.

Either way I don't mind players being held accountable. White's turn will come and he better show up

You could be right maybe he had to battle Tierney or some wingers for a spot

I think it all comes down roles. Just like L.Brown was never going to play 4th line center no matter how he played relative to Anisimov.

Reactions: HSF

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I think it all comes down roles. Just like L.Brown was never going to play 4th line center no matter how he played relative to Anisimov.
true

either way I think its up to him to either figure it out or not. the senators do not want White or Brown to fail but its up to them at this point to show they want to be here

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

Not to mention a player coming off an "off year" having his confidence take a huge hit and then before he gets a chance to get up off the mat to redeem himself he gets kicked in the teeth .. has to be absolutely crushing for him.

Ya - We should just gift him another year. No need for this player to ever earn any ice time.

Crushing - Being a Brown or Brann knowing your better than guys in the NHL and not getting a chance in your RFA year to earn $28.5 million. You are one injury away from looking for a job.
Not Crushing - Collecting $28 million and not always getting the playing time you want.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
if he gets benched then that's on him for letting Anisimov show him up

I never understand why fans get upset when management is finally making players accountable.
Yes, they made White accountable by talking about how impressive he was during camp and scratching him on opening night.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Play him with one of Tkachuk or C.Brown and then toss a skilled winger on the other side and I bet we see him take huge strides. He's obviously not cut out for what DJ wants from his 4th line, so putting him there is a waste of everyone's time.

Tkachuk - White - Dadonov
Tkachuk - White - Batherson
Stutzle - White - C.Brown
Galchenyuk - White - C.Brown

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I don't understand some of these decisions on the Sens' part. We're not gonna be competitive this year, so can't we just let the younger guys play instead of older veterans?

Because we need to develop these young players. It's better to have them develop in a winning environment instead of just getting caved in every night. How are the kids supposed to learn to play if they never have possession of the puck and are constantly collapsing in front of our net, hanging on for dear life?

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Yes, they made White accountable by talking about how impressive he was during camp and scratching him on opening night.

I mean, they also talked about how impressive Anisimov was in camp too. White will get his chance, probably as early as tomorrow.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
should have draft Konecny but this team always loves being extra... guy was playing under our noses and we let him get away

Reactions: Alex1234

ijif

Dec 20, 2018
should have draft Konecny but this team always loves being extra... guy was playing under our noses and we let him get away

I can’t say we should have selected Konecny, but White should not have been selected where he was selected (based on information at the time of the draft).

Reactions: Alex1234

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Why is this a separate thread again?
Right above the Colin white thread.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Yeah IMO this could be moved to Colin White's thread. I mena, if we have 2-3 threads for every player, then the threads list really gets too crowded.

I can’t say we should have selected Konecny, but White should not have been selected where he was selected (based on information at the time of the draft).

Looks like he fell to 21st OA (from Elite Prospects)

2015 NHL Entry Draft: Ranked #19 by FUTURE CONSIDERATIONS
2015 NHL Entry Draft: Ranked #15 by ISS HOCKEY
2015 NHL Entry Draft: Ranked #19 by MCKEEN'S HOCKEY
2015 NHL Entry Draft: Ranked #29 by NHL CENTRAL SCOUTING (NA Skaters
2015 NHL Entry Draft: Ranked #16 by TSN/McKenzie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad