Speculation: Lineys for Whitey.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Feel free to merge this with the ongoing White thread if necessary. Who do you lot think he would best click with? Be it as a centre/winger.
I think they move him in and out with no consistent position, line mates nor roles .. It will be a tough year for him.. and his evaluations won't get any better. We'll be told we gave him opportunities here, there everywhere and what else can we do.

Reactions: Alex1234

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Seems like he’s on the outside looking in. He’s going to have to outplay Watson for a spot on the fourth line.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
I think White is getting a reall unfair shake from the fans right now. We are reading too much into what happened at training camp (how much information do we really have anyway) and already coming to conclusions that White is done for.

I predict he will be slotted into the line up tomorrow, and if he is not, I will wait until I watch his first game to officially declare him a bust.

People talk about Logan Brown needing to be given a chance to prove he can play in the NHL and he is only one year younger than White who has already proven he can play at this level , yet he is getting a much shorter leash than Brown.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
The best guys for him are Dadonov and Tkachuk.

He'll get to play with them at the deadline.

Why the f*** did we acquire Stepan again ?

Reactions: bicboi64

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
The best guys for him are Dadonov and Tkachuk.

He'll get to play with them at the deadline.

Why the f*** did we acquire Stepan again ?

Because hes in Stuetzle's ear after every single shift giving him pointers on how to be a better pro.

Tim Stützle on his bizarre pre-game routine, teammates questionable cooking and more - Sportsnet.ca

Thats why. Stepan is in actuality a great fit for Tim, at least in the first 20 games of his career while hes still getting his feet wet. Norris, Tierney and Anisimov are not better choices.

Bold statement here, but I think Stuetzle + White at some point later this season (or even next) could be a deadly combo. White can excel and thrive with a talented linemate, even if hes not capable of driving the offense by himself. If they can develop some chemistry and form 2/3rds of a potent line, we are all grinning ear to ear at the possibilities that open up for us going forward.

Reactions: NB613

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Same as last year. He’s the 5-6th best C in the org and the 5th best RW.

Who ever that slots him with until he outplays Dadonov/Bath as a top 6 option or Brown as a 3LW.

Last edited:

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I think they move him in and out with no consistent position, line mates nor roles .. It will be a tough year for him.. and his evaluations won't get any better. We'll be told we gave him opportunities here, there everywhere and what else can we do.

What else can they do ? If he earns a role he will get a chance. If he doesn’t earn a role - he won’t have one.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I think White is getting a reall unfair shake from the fans right now. We are reading too much into what happened at training camp (how much information do we really have anyway) and already coming to conclusions that White is done for.

I predict he will be slotted into the line up tomorrow, and if he is not, I will wait until I watch his first game to officially declare him a bust.

People talk about Logan Brown needing to be given a chance to prove he can play in the NHL and he is only one year younger than White who has already proven he can play at this level , yet he is getting a much shorter leash than Brown.

Yes...this has been a really bizarre training camp. We really have no idea how anyone on the team has looked for the most part.

It's hard to believe the season is here....even after watching games the past two nights, it still feels like there's a disconnection somewhere.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I think White is getting a reall unfair shake from the fans right now.

There is nothing unfair for him. They are paying him $4.75 and he’s not providing that value. They are supporting him by giving him a chance to improve his play and setting a bar for him to earn his salary.

He will play, he will play as a 4C and also a 1C at times. White turns 24 in days and the Sens are 6 months? Away from having to decide on wether to protect or buyout this player.

As things stand he is a redundant player until he outplays Norris, Stepan, or Tierney with back pressure from Brown , Chaplik, and Pinto.

This “set back” should motivate him to play some uncomfortable hockey. I bet we seem play more physical and with more improvement and development to his game than what we saw all of last year with him handed ice time.

Last edited:

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Pfft, maybe you don't. I want to be able to peel out of that costco parking lot as quick as possible...

You can’t fill up on too many packs of $.95 Gatineau Beer in the back of a Porsche ;)

Last edited:

lancepitlick

Nov 20, 2016

Has he proven he can excel at this level? Debatable. The fact that he might not even be in the top 12 forwards, with a cap hit of 4.75, on what was the second worst team in the league. That's not exactly trending in the right direction. He shouldn't be a write off, if only for his salary, but it doesn't bode well. Hopefully just some bumps on the road.

Reactions: Alex1234

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Feel free to merge this with the ongoing White thread if necessary. Who do you lot think he would best click with? Be it as a centre/winger.
I like him centering Brady. I also can see him being a very good third line center with formenton on his wing. Massive disruptive line

Reactions: Clayonator

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad