Lineup Predictions

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm just going to throw something out there, and it's not like I want us to have these lines, but to me it's an interesting thought experiment...

Forget about development, and waivers and everything else. Just imagine we have 3 scoring lines and one shutdown/checking line. No "4th" line that's grinding or toughness or anything like that. Picture this:

Shutdown line: Elias - Zajac - Josefson
Top scoring line: Hall - Rico - Bennett
2nd scoring line: Camm - Zacha - Palms
Kid line: Boucher/Wood - Blandisi - Lappin/DSP

It's completely unreasonable, however, I just like thinking about it. It revolves around the shutdown line that I'd be comfortable playing against any team's 1st line. It's main purpose would not be to score, but it would have a fairly potent counter-attack, much like Madden-Pando did.

The top scoring line I'd put against any team's 2nd line any time. Likewise, I'd be comfortable playing our 2nd scoring line against just about any other team's 3rd line.

The Kid line would get reduced minutes, but could still be effective, especially against another team's 4th line. Their youth and speed would provide energy and excitement.

Your lineup isn't terrible in theory

But if Elias and Zajac had to play with Josefson? I think Elias would have trouble doubling his production from last season, even if he played 3 times as many games (he probably won't play that many but let's just pretend for a moment).

And Zajac? He would probably have trouble matching his offensive output from the 14-15 season. That could probably be a decent shutdown line, provided Elias hasn't crashed hard. But they'd not only be shutting down the other teams offense, they'd be shutting down our own offense too. Much like when Kalinin was paired with Zajac and Palms last year.

I do like how your lineup is devoid of prototypical 4th liners though. I'm hoping in the next few years, we start seeing them sent to the land of the goons.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Your lineup isn't terrible in theory

But if Elias and Zajac had to play with Josefson? I think Elias would have trouble doubling his production from last season, even if he played 3 times as many games (he probably won't play that many but let's just pretend for a moment).

And Zajac? He would probably have trouble matching his offensive output from the 14-15 season. That could probably be a decent shutdown line, provided Elias hasn't crashed hard. But they'd not only be shutting down the other teams offense, they'd be shutting down our own offense too. Much like when Kalinin was paired with Zajac and Palms last year.

I do like how your lineup is devoid of prototypical 4th liners though. I'm hoping in the next few years, we start seeing them sent to the land of the goons.
Ah... that's the crazy part. That line isn't there to score. It's the 3 best defensive forwards we have, production be damned.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Ah... that's the crazy part. That line isn't there to score. It's the 3 best defensive forwards we have, production be damned.

I think the biggest problem with that is that we might need to rely on Zajac and Elias more for offense, if Elias is on the team.

I'd like for Zajac to transition into a 3rd liner in the next couple of years, but I don't think we're quite ready yet. I think he can be a borderline 2nd line center (40-ish point guy) for 2 more seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad