Lineup Predictions

Group Chat Legend*

:devils

Hall - Henrique - Smith-Pelly is most likely going to be the first line to start the year. Which I'm certainly ok with.

What makes you say that?

Its just the beginning of the feeling out process with the Hall-Henrique combo, nothing is certain about that right winger. In fact, we aren't even certain that Hall-Henrique will be a thing yet.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Hall - Henrique - DSP/Bennett
Cammalleri - Zajac - Palmieri
Boucher - Zacha - DSP/Bennett
Kalinin - Fiddler - Lappin
Gazdic - Josefson

Greene - Severson
Merrill/Auvitu - Lovejoy
Moore - Santini
Auvitu

Schneider
Wedgewood

First call-up for the bottom six ends up being one of Pietila or Coleman. First call-up for top six spot goes to Blandisi unless Boucher's injury is serious then Blandisi makes the team at 3LW. I think Quenneville and Wood will see action closer to mid-season since it is their first pro season.

I think Auvitu ends up making the team purely because at 27 years old, the AHL won't do him much good. If he does end up going to Albany, I would bet it's to adjust to the North American game with a call-up coming very soon.

Last edited:

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Hall - Henrique - DSP/Bennett
Cammalleri - Zajac - Palmieri
Boucher - Zacha - DSP/Bennett
Kalinin - Fiddler - Lappin
Gazdic - Josefson

Greene - Severson
Merrill/Auvitu - Lovejoy
Moore - Severson
Auvitu

Schneider
Wedgewood

First call-up for the bottom six ends up being one of Pietila or Coleman. First call-up for top six spot goes to Blandisi unless Boucher's injury is serious then Blandisi makes the team at 3LW. I think Quenneville and Wood will see action closer to mid-season since it is their first pro season.

I think Auvitu ends up making the team purely because at 27 years old, the AHL won't do him much good. If he does end up going to Albany, I would bet it's to adjust to the North American game with a call-up coming very soon.
You have Severson in that lineup twice, is one supposed to be Santini?

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Alright I'll take a crack at this.

Hall- Henrique - Blandisi
Cammalleri- Zajac - Palmieri
Boucher - Zacha - Bennett/Lappin
Kalinin - Fiddler - DSP
Josefson

Greene - Severson
Moore - Lovejoy
Merrill - Santini
Auvitu

Schneider
Wedgewood

JRZ DVLS

Try Brubag*****
Feb 21, 2007
NC,ILL,NorNJ,Roch
www.brubag.com
I think this is the first year where it seems like we have viable options and fighting for positions on the club. All while we will have a decent farm team with plug and play skilled players ready to make the move up.

devsfan4life

Aug 13, 2007
FL
For opening night I have:

Hall-Henrique-Bennett
Boucher/Blandisi-Zajac-Palmieri
Cammalleri-Zacha-DSP
Kalinin-Fiddler-Lappin

Scratches: Josefson, Boucher/Blandisi

Greene-Lovejoy
Quincey-Severson
Auvitu-Merrill
Moore

Schneider
Kinkaid

Guessing we go with kinkaid as backup since he has the experience. Would hate to lose wedge to waivers though after what he showed us in the NHL last season. Although it was limited, showed better play than kinkaid has ever shown us I think.

devils55

Mar 9, 2012
For opening night I have:

Hall-Henrique-Bennett
Boucher/Blandisi-Zajac-Palmieri
Cammalleri-Zacha-DSP
Kalinin-Fiddler-Lappin

Scratches: Josefson, Boucher/Blandisi

Greene-Lovejoy
Quincey-Severson
Auvitu-Merrill
Moore

Schneider
Kinkaid

Guessing we go with kinkaid as backup since he has the experience. Would hate to lose wedge to waivers though after what he showed us in the NHL last season. Although it was limited, showed better play than kinkaid has ever shown us I think.

You know Cammalleri had 38 points in 42 games last year right? There's no way he's playing on the third line.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You know Cammalleri had 38 points in 42 games last year right? There's no way he's playing on the third line.

Meh.

We've been over this three-hundred times already. If our third line has Cammalleri, it might not be a bad thing. It doesn't even necessarily mean he was demoted. If we can have three deep lines like that, we're doing real good.

Phil Kessel played in the 3rd line in the playoffs last year, if I recall correctly. Kessel is a legit 1st line talent on every team in the league. It created matchup problems too. Who do you put up your top defensive pairing and shutdown lines against? Cammalleri on the 3rd line would mean we have two other really good lines also, if that was the case.

It doesn't mean he was demoted. People make too much over who is on the 1st line or 2nd or 3rd.

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
+1. Cam did not seem to mesh well with Zajac in the PS. Zacha's speed and offensive abilities make that line a better fit for our team. Plus mentorship.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County

I dont see it at as a bad thing either.

Seems like Hynes likes to work in pairs and if we have pairs of Hall - Henrique / Zajac - Palmieri / Camm - Zacha and they all work really well then thats 3 good lines. If anyone is having an off night they get the lesser minutes that night. Its a match up nightmare if they are all clicking.

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
Hall -- Henrique -- Bennett
Smith-Pelley -- Zacha -- Palmieri
Cammalleri -- Zajac -- Boucher
Kalinin -- Fiddler -- Lappin
Josefson, Gazdic

Greene -- Severson
Moore -- Lovejoy
Auvitu -- Quincey
Merrill

Schneider
Kinkaid

I'd rather Santini/Wood play a lot in Albany. Blandisi is first call up at forward.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Hall -- Henrique -- Bennett
Smith-Pelley -- Zacha -- Palmieri
Cammalleri -- Zajac -- Boucher
Kalinin -- Fiddler -- Lappin
Josefson, Gazdic

Greene -- Severson
Moore -- Lovejoy
Auvitu -- Quincey
Merrill

Schneider
Kinkaid

I'd rather Santini/Wood play a lot in Albany. Blandisi is first call up at forward.

why is Smith-Pelly playing LW and Boucher playing RW?

Mar 15, 2011
NJ
Huh, I never really thought of using Cammalleri on the 3rd line but I like the concept. Gives Zacha a bonafide 30 goal, 60 point player on his wing

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Difference in mins between 2nd and 3rd line isn't a big deal on this team. Cammalleri will get PP time as well. This whole notion about such and such shouldn't be on 3rd line is a whacky concept considering the makeup of this team

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
What I want:

Hall-Henrique-Bennett
Cammalleri-Zacha-Palmieri
Boucher-Zajac-DSP
Kalinin-Fiddler-Josefson
Ex. Gazdic

My reasoning. I know everyone loves Lappin, but he's only played 23 pro games and none in the NHL. Let him get top six mins and PP time in the AHL. Why waste him on the fourth line? Same reason for Blandisi let them get tons of ice time. Blandsi and Lappin should be the first two calls up depending on who got hurt.

Greene-Severson
Quincy-Santini
Auvitu-Lovejoy
Ex.Merrill or Moore

If Santini is not ready. Which I hope and think he is. I think he's as ready if not more ready than Severson was and yeah I know Severson got to play with Greene, but Quincy isn't chump change. He's a more than capable top 4. I guess we shall see how it plays out. If Santini doesn't make the team he'll be up sooner than later when he's dominating the AHL. Without Santini:

Greene-Severson
Merrill-Lovejoy
Auvitu-Quincy
Ex. Moore

You can obviously see I'm more of a Merrill than Moore guy. I have my own reasons, which I don't feel like getting into for the 100th time.

Schneider
Wedgwood

I just think Wedgewood is the better goalie. Better stopping the puck as well as handling the puck. Plus it means Blackwood will get more time in the A.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Difference in mins between 2nd and 3rd line isn't a big deal on this team. Cammalleri will get PP time as well. This whole notion about such and such shouldn't be on 3rd line is a whacky concept considering the makeup of this team

I think the fascination with ''This guy is a 2nd liner, he's a 3rd liner, etc'' is overblown, it always has been. The only forward line I like that argument for is if we're throwing guys like Cammalleri on the 4th line.

I've even constantly seen things on here like ''If Boucher is not in a top 6 role, there's no use in him being up'' and ''Boucher is only fit to play in the top 6'' and in years past ''Tedenby needs to play in the top 6 or else''. It's almost like people forget that you can have a 3rd line and that the good teams have at least a couple 3rd line forwards that aren't that much worse offensively than some of the guys playing in their top 6. Like what the **** is wrong with a player like Boucher playing on the 3rd line and not in the top 6? As long as our 3rd line isn't Kalinin, Josefson or god forbid O'Neill and Tootoo (like some points last year), I don't what the problem is at all. It's overblown and has been the entire history of hockey message board use.

I understand that after last year more than ever, when we iced the worst third line in the history of hockey, people can forget about a 3rd line and the impacts it might have.

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
I think the fascination with ''This guy is a 2nd liner, he's a 3rd liner, etc'' is overblown, it always has been. The only forward line I like that argument for is if we're throwing guys like Cammalleri on the 4th line.

I've even constantly seen things on here like ''If Boucher is not in a top 6 role, there's no use in him being up'' and ''Boucher is only fit to play in the top 6'' and in years past ''Tedenby needs to play in the top 6 or else''. It's almost like people forget that you can have a 3rd line and that the good teams have at least a couple 3rd line forwards that aren't that much worse offensively than some of the guys playing in their top 6. Like what the **** is wrong with a player like Boucher playing on the 3rd line and not in the top 6? As long as our 3rd line isn't Kalinin, Josefson or god forbid O'Neill and Tootoo (like some points last year), I don't what the problem is at all. It's overblown and has been the entire history of hockey message board use.

I understand that after last year more than ever, when we iced the worst third line in the history of hockey, people can forget about a 3rd line and the impacts it might have.

I present - Bleed's aneurysm Devils.

Brunner - JJ - Tootoo
Barch - Gionta - Tedenby
Cam - Mills - Ruutu
Boulton - Matteau - O'Neill

Salvador - Volchenkov
Urbom - Helgeson
Oduya (early) - Tallinder

Lindback
Clemmenson

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Hall-Henrique-Bennett
Boucher-Zajac-Palmieri
Cammalleri-Zacha-DSP
JJ-Fiddler-Kalinin
Gadzic

Greene-Severson
Moore-Lovejoy
Auvitu-Quincey
Merrill

Schneider
Wedge

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I'm just going to throw something out there, and it's not like I want us to have these lines, but to me it's an interesting thought experiment...

Forget about development, and waivers and everything else. Just imagine we have 3 scoring lines and one shutdown/checking line. No "4th" line that's grinding or toughness or anything like that. Picture this:

Shutdown line: Elias - Zajac - Josefson
Top scoring line: Hall - Rico - Bennett
2nd scoring line: Camm - Zacha - Palms
Kid line: Boucher/Wood - Blandisi - Lappin/DSP

It's completely unreasonable, however, I just like thinking about it. It revolves around the shutdown line that I'd be comfortable playing against any team's 1st line. It's main purpose would not be to score, but it would have a fairly potent counter-attack, much like Madden-Pando did.

The top scoring line I'd put against any team's 2nd line any time. Likewise, I'd be comfortable playing our 2nd scoring line against just about any other team's 3rd line.

The Kid line would get reduced minutes, but could still be effective, especially against another team's 4th line. Their youth and speed would provide energy and excitement.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Brunner - JJ - Tootoo
Barch - Gionta - Tedenby
Cam - Mills - Ruutu

Salvador - Volchenkov
Urbom - Helgeson

Lindback
Clemmenson
HOLY JUMPIN!

I can't stand that phrase either, that's how shell shocked I am by this lineup.

Can you please at least tell me that it's the pre 2013 Ruutu? Or maybe the pre 2011 Boulton? Pre 2013 Salvador? How about the Ottawa version of Volchenkov and Buffalo (first stint) version of Tallinder? They were pretty sweet back then.

Brunner and Josefson are by far the least sucky of all those forwards, that's pretty sad too.

Can we at least trade Lindback for Terreri or Corey Schwab? He can't count, since he's never actually been under contract with us.:laugh:

Almost half of those players are retired or pretty much should be (*cough* Boulton *cough*). But I wonder if you ice that team, could it beat the best high school team in the state?

At least Brunner can dangle and snipe and Tedenby can dangle too.:laugh:

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004

Brunner - JJ - Tootoo
Barch - Gionta - Tedenby
Cam - Mills - Ruutu

Salvador - Volchenkov
Urbom - Helgeson

Lindback
Clemmenson

Now that's one hell of a hockey team. To be fair though Salvador was a decent defenseman when he first came here, it was those last two maybe three years, that people seem to only remember. Which I guess I can understand considering how bad they were lol. Plus he was the captain which was just embarrassing, SMH.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad