Lineup Predictions

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Many on this thread predicting Bennet will be Palimeri 2. Those are some big shoes to fill for a guy who seems to be made out of glass. I hope you're right and I get to eat crow.

Ben Matlock

Resteriged Uesr
Aug 21, 2007
Hall - Henrique - DSP
Cammalleri - Zajac - Palmieri
Boucher - Zacha - Bennett
JJ - Fiddler - Kalinin
Blandisi

Greene - Severson
Moore - Lovejoy
Auvitu - Santini
Merrill (IR)

Schneider
Wedgewood

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Hall - Henrique - DSP
JJ - Fiddler - Kalinin
Blandisi

Greene - Severson
Moore - Lovejoy
Auvitu - Santini
Merrill (IR)

Schneider
Wedgewood

I could see this being the opening night lineup

Offseason Champs

May 16, 2011
Hall - Henrique - DSP
JJ - Fiddler - Kalinin
Blandisi

Greene - Severson
Moore - Lovejoy
Auvitu - Santini
Merrill (IR)

Schneider
Wedgewood

I would swap around Bennett and DSP maybe or start the year with Palms on that first line RW. I don't think I would give DSP first line minutes right now, but I'm fine with 3rd line or 2nd line if push comes to shove and he's producing.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Sorry for being so late in responding I was in Maine with no Internet.

I feel that Cammy was the sole reason we missed the playoffs last season because of his injury. What do you think?

Dat bottom 6

Ben Matlock

Resteriged Uesr
Aug 21, 2007
I would swap around Bennett and DSP maybe or start the year with Palms on that first line RW. I don't think I would give DSP first line minutes right now, but I'm fine with 3rd line or 2nd line if push comes to shove and he's producing.

Sure. At this point though I have more faith in DSP, but we'll know more when we've actually seen some pre-season action. I'll probably change my mind about some players, but it's my best guess at this point.

Palmieri is the only top-6 calibre right wing, so that's the biggest question mark.

I also like (in theory) three second lines:
Hall - Henrique - DSP
Boucher - Zajac - Palmieri
Cammalleri - Zacha - Bennett

Shelter Camm a bit and give him #1 pp time.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hall-Rico-DSP
Cammy-Zajac-Palms
Boucher-Zacha-Bennett
JJ-Fiddler-Kalinin

Greene-Severson
Markov-Lovejoy
Chara-Santini

Markov too? We'd be like the 2006 all star team of defense with those two.

Like when people joked that Jagr, Elias and Gomez was quite a group of forwards if it were 10 years earlier. :laugh:

Sinner

Stevens #4 Legend
Jun 30, 2016
Rags Suck Land
Markov too? We'd be like the 2006 all star team of defense with those two.

Like when people joked that Jagr, Elias and Gomez was quite a group of forwards if it were 10 years earlier. :laugh:

Jagr was so dominate the first year he played for us, what a legend, can't believe he is over 40. His puck control is amazing.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Hall - Henrique - DSP
JJ - Fiddler - Kalinin
Blandisi

Greene - Severson
Moore - Lovejoy
Auvitu - Santini
Merrill (IR)

Schneider
Wedgewood

I like this, but I still feel Lappin is going to make the team as 4RW. Would rather Blandisi start in the AHL if he doesn't have an immediate spot.

Lines don't really matter much but I'm starting to like the idea of ZZPops 2.0 with a Hall - Zajac - Palmieri line:

Hall - Zajac - Palmieri
Cammalleri - Henrique - Bennett
Boucher - Zacha - DSP
Kalinin - Fiddler - Lappin
Gazdic - Josefson

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Sorry for being so late in responding I was in Maine with no Internet.

I feel that Cammy was the sole reason we missed the playoffs last season because of his injury. What do you think?

so if Mike Cammalleri was healthy we would've gotten 12 more points? :laugh:

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
It's doubtful but not out of the question. Say that person would have scored 15 extra goals...that could possibly result in 6 extra wins.

it IS out of the question

there is no way missing Mike Cammalleri for half the season would be the difference of 12 more points. That means you'd be saying Mike Cammalleri, himself, is "responsible" for 25% of our points for the season (in your scenario where we would get to 96 points)

HischierSeDgewOrk

May 6, 2007
Monmouth County, NJ
it IS out of the question

there is no way missing Mike Cammalleri for half the season would be the difference of 12 more points. That means you'd be saying Mike Cammalleri, himself, is "responsible" for 25% of our points for the season (in your scenario where we would get to 96 points)

It's doubtful like i said but how can you said it's out of the question. How many wins is an extra 15 goals??? it's certainly 3 wins easily. Could possibly be 6 wins. who knows. Stop talking in certainties when nobody knows.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
It's doubtful like i said but how can you said it's out of the question. How many wins is an extra 15 goals??? it's certainly 3 wins easily. Could possibly be 6 wins. who knows. Stop talking in certainties when nobody knows.

its not just simply 15 extra goals added to our year-end total. someone was playing the minutes that Cammalleri was playing, and that player was putting up goals/points.

no player is worth TWENTY FOUR POINTS in the standings, which is essentially what you're saying.

HischierSeDgewOrk

May 6, 2007
Monmouth County, NJ
its not just simply 15 extra goals added to our year-end total. someone was playing the minutes that Cammalleri was playing, and that player was putting up goals/points.

no player is worth TWENTY FOUR POINTS in the standings, which is essentially what you're saying.

We had junk playing last year. Someone who had less than 3 goals would have been scratched. So it's not like a 40 goal scorer replaced Cammy.
and all i'm saying is it's A POSSIBILITY 15 extra goals adds 6 wins.
you are saying it's a definite that it's not possible.
and stop with the 24 points in the standings....obviously the team we were catching wouldn't win every single game.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
We had junk playing last year. Someone who had less than 3 goals would have been scratched. So it's not like a 40 goal scorer replaced Cammy.
and all i'm saying is it's A POSSIBILITY 15 extra goals adds 6 wins.
you are saying it's a definite that it's not possible.
and stop with the 24 points in the standings....obviously the team we were catching wouldn't win every single game.

Cammalleri played half the season. you said if he had played the other half of the year, he potentially could have given us 12 more points. that would imply that his first half of the year, he was responsible for 12 points himself.

12 plus 12 = 24 points total for the entire season, had he not missed any games.

in your scenario, we would have 96 points (12 more than 84).

this implies that Mike Cammalleri was responsible for ~25% of the New Jersey Devils points had he not missed half the season.

HischierSeDgewOrk

May 6, 2007
Monmouth County, NJ
Cammalleri played half the season. you said if he had played the other half of the year, he potentially could have given us 12 more points. that would imply that his first half of the year, he was responsible for 12 points himself.

12 plus 12 = 24 points total for the entire season, had he not missed any games.

in your scenario, we would have 96 points (12 more than 84).

this implies that Mike Cammalleri was responsible for ~25% of the New Jersey Devils points had he not missed half the season.

Answer this...Could 15 extra goals have any remote chance of adding 6 wins?

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
yea, theres no way one player is responsible for 12 points in the standings.

I'm not sure I agree with him, but you're neglecting so many factors by turning this into a very narrow argument. It's not just losing Cammalleri himself but the effects that had on how the rest of the year went.

Losing Cammalleri almost certainly influenced Shero to sell off Stempniak and essentially give up hope on the playoff run. Who knows what he would've done otherwise. Morale undoubtedly took a hit once Stempniak was traded as it essentially signaled to the team that Shero was giving up on the playoffs, especially considering he sent him to another team challenging for a wild card spot.

Let's say Shero kept Stempniak, Cammalleri was healthy, AND he still completed the Matteau/DSP trade. That could've changed the rest of our season.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I'm not sure I agree with him, but you're neglecting so many factors by turning this into a very narrow argument. It's not just losing Cammalleri himself but the effects that had on how the rest of the year went.

Losing Cammalleri almost certainly influenced Shero to sell off Stempniak and essentially give up hope on the playoff run. Who knows what he would've done otherwise. Morale undoubtedly took a hit once Stempniak was traded as it essentially signaled to the team that Shero was giving up on the playoffs, especially considering he sent him to another team challenging for a wild card spot.

Let's say Shero kept Stempniak, Cammalleri was healthy, AND he still completed the Matteau/DSP trade. That could've changed the rest of our season.

of course not

the point remains, we would not have gotten 12 more points had Cammalleri been healthy.

HischierSeDgewOrk

May 6, 2007
Monmouth County, NJ
Listen, one guy said it's possible he adds 12 points and one guy said it's impossible.
I came in and said it's doubtful, but there is a possibility 15 goals could add 6 wins. Some people just refuse to admit they are wrong and will throw out a million different stats to prove a point.
and i stand by what i said. it's doubtful but it's possible. Take a breath man.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
yea, theres no way one player is responsible for 12 points in the standings.

I understand your point thanks for your reply. We chose to disagree I think the amount of time he was out towards the end of the season that with him playing with the team the team would have gotten 12 points not necessarily him alone. But with his presents and contributions. The team fell apart when if went out injured with the wrist.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad