Lines this morning III (discuss latest lines & pairings here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Desharnais expected to play game 3 - TheScore app

lol what a joke
yeah... what a joke. Putting in an offensive player for a team that's scoring like 1.1 goals per game. Maybe your hatred should go a little deeper than one player.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
An offensive player with 1 non-empty netter goal in 34 playoff games.... great help:laugh:
I guess we should dump Pacioretty then too? 14 points in 28 games? Real 1st liner! WOOO!

Rene Bourque has more playoff points than Pacioretty in less games.

Our whole team ****ing sucks.. but that doesn't mean Desharnais can't bring more offense than Jacob de la Black Hole.

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007
I guess we should dump Pacioretty then too? 14 points in 28 games? Real 1st liner! WOOO!

Our whole team ****ing sucks.. but that doesn't mean Desharnais can't bring more offense than Jacob de la Black Hole.

Come on Natey, I get your point you find him valuable, I'm not saying he isnt, but as long as Therrien will play him the way he does, getting him off the lineup is better than on, just because it forces Therrien to do some changes. Although based on the lines at practice, finding lines that make sense might be too much for Therrien as well.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Because DLR or Flynn bring so much more to a team who can't score to save their lives right?

Yes, both of them bring more to the table the a guy with one season of professional experience and zero NHL experience.

I'm kind of shocked that you would even need to ask this question.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Desharnais ftw!
Hope he scores a hatty!

yeah... what a joke. Putting in an offensive player for a team that's scoring like 1.1 goals per game.

DD is scoring 0.03 goals per game in playoffs, I wouldn't argue about ppg hehehe

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Deshar - I'm only playing because I'm French - has TWO ****ing assists in 7 games, despite being played with the top offensive players and constantly on the powerplay.

Defend this please. Someone. Somehow.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Bourque was able to score goals. He wasn't a hard worker, wasn't a very good player but was able to put it in the back of the net. Did it with the Flames.....

He was playing with Eller....who ended up being our best OFFENSIVE player in the PO.
Eller is playing really well, one of our best player right now, all-around....maybe we should try Eller with a goal scorer.....

#JustSaying

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Deshar - I'm only playing because I'm French - has TWO ****ing assists in 7 games, despite being played with the top offensive players and constantly on the powerplay.

Well, I can correct you but I can't defend it.

Top offensive player(s), the s shouldn't exist unless Weise/PAP/DSP are top offensive players on the RW.

As for top offensive player, max has 2 goals in 7 games plus 1 ENG.

That doesn't excuse DD either because he's relied upon offensively and hasn't gotten it done. For a long period no less.

I thought he would play with an extra gear this playoff season to prove people wrong but nope, more of the same. Unfortunate.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Bourque was able to score goals. He wasn't a hard worker, wasn't a very good player but was able to put it in the back of the net. Did it with the Flames.....

He was playing with Eller....who ended up being our best OFFENSIVE player in the PO.
Eller is playing really well, one of our best player right now, all-around....maybe we should try Eller with a goal scorer.....

#JustSaying

At this point, maybe we should try Pacioretty with Mitchell. Not a shot at our other centers but I really want to keep Mitchell next year, massive upgrade on Malhotra.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Unless we have too many injured players, bringing Hudon or any other AHL player with no playoffs (or NHL) experience is a bad, bad idea. I mean, sure, 10 or 15 days before the playoffs, I'd be perfectly fine with such decision. But in the second round, in one of the most important game so far? It's WAY too risky, for both the team and the player.

Stop thinking so much. Did you ever play Hockey? Hudon is not a boy, he is a pro hockey player that might jump at this chance. And the AHL in fact is more dangerous to play in than the NHL.

Youth and skill can make a huge difference.

God, the timidity around here. :shakehead

TopTittie

Jul 26, 2006

Did you see the stats of the rest of the team?

bsl

Oct 9, 2009

This is a bad time for Habs. There are a lot of questions about this team now and going forward. Habs are being humiliated at the moment.

Your constant defense of one player, versus looking at the bigger picture, is pedantic, and an irritant to long time fans here. I would suggest you tone it down right now.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Yes, both of them bring more to the table the a guy with one season of professional experience and zero NHL experience.

I'm kind of shocked that you would even need to ask this question.

I would advise you to look at the raw rookies on the Habs 86 cup team before pronouncing that Hudon is a bad idea. There are guys on this board with long memories.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I would advise you to look at the raw rookies on the Habs 86 cup team before pronouncing that Hudon is a bad idea. There are guys on this board with long memories.

The team should never take risks -- risks come with a possibility of failure.

/sarc

I think the attitude of some of those people emerges from our culture of helicopter parenting and perpetual infantilization. Visit a University campus abd realize that many of those kids won't have a job until they're 25 if even then.

It's only natural that they think a full year of AHL experience is not enough to prepare for NHL ice, lol, that prospect is "kinda shocking". Maybe Hudon needs to be eased in over the next three or four years.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Only issue I have with Hudon is he hasn't been in game action for quite some time no? Then add to jump to NHL then the playoffs. Seems like easy to be missing timing.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Only issue I have with Hudon is he hasn't been in game action for quite some time no? Then add to jump to NHL then the playoffs. Seems like easy to be missing timing.
By that logic, we're stuck with the current roster through the end of the playoff.

Here's the problem with that. The offense is weak. If we play it "safe" and minimize risk the series is likely to end in around ~36 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad