Lines this morning III (discuss latest lines & pairings here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
This lineup is 100% crap. Cover Patches and we have 0 offense. :banghead:

I might have to miss tomorrow's game and I don't even care.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Smith-Pelly
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Hudon - Plekanec - Flynn
Prust - Mitchell - Weise

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
This lineup is 100% crap. Cover Patches and we have 0 offense. :banghead:

I might have to miss tomorrow's game and I don't even care.

If I didn't have a doctor's appointment tomorrow I'd watch just cause. I'm not even made I have an appointment, though. I'd be more disappointed if I missed the Hawks game.

Lorty

May 7, 2013
Unless we have too many injured players, bringing Hudon or any other AHL player with no playoffs (or NHL) experience is a bad, bad idea. I mean, sure, 10 or 15 days before the playoffs, I'd be perfectly fine with such decision. But in the second round, in one of the most important game so far? It's WAY too risky, for both the team and the player.

HabsRockBruinsChoke

Jul 30, 2013
Pacioretty - DD - DSP
Prust - Plekanec - Gallagher
DLR - Galchenyuk - Weise
Mitchell - Malhotra - Parenteau

^^ If that's not our lineup for game 3 then byebye our chances.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Unless we have too many injured players, bringing Hudon or any other AHL player with no playoffs (or NHL) experience is a bad, bad idea. I mean, sure, 10 or 15 days before the playoffs, I'd be perfectly fine with such decision. But in the second round, in one of the most important game so far? It's WAY too risky, for both the team and the player.

What's so risky about it? Should we wait till we get shut out or score one goal tomorrow again and have the series be 3-0 instead? The Flames aren't scared of playing Bennett or burning a year off of his ELC to let him play. We can't know how good Hudon is if we don't give him a chance. Are we really a better team with DLR or Flynn instead of him?

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
I'm assuming DD will be ready and will replace Flynn next to Prust and Parenteau.

Still a **** line-up though.

Habs178

Sep 22, 2007
Ontario
Pacioretty - DD - DSP
DLR - Galchenyuk - Weise

Insert DD and take out Eller? :handclap::laugh:

Yeah no. Eller's line has been most dangerous since game one. Give him wingers and LEAVE THEM THERE. can't develop chemistry by changing the lines every shift.

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
Anyone know the defense pairs?

Hopefully Gonchar plays.. FFS save the powerplay!

And I still can't believe how pitiful our lineup looks. I mean Prust on the second line? I really like him, he works hard, but his level of play is way down this year, he's lost a step and he's going to kill that line. We don't NEED to spread the ''toughness'' around. We won't bully Tampa, they are just going to skates circles around us yet again.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

That speaks volumes about the coach and GM that Hudon wasn't given a look considering his excellent season.

I'm really unimpressed with the development of our youth so far, under this regime.

Lorty

May 7, 2013
What's so risky about it? Should we wait till we get shut out or score one goal tomorrow again and have the series be 3-0 instead? The Flames aren't scared of playing Bennett or burning a year off of his ELC to let him play. We can't know how good Hudon is if we don't give him a chance. Are we really a better team with DLR or Flynn instead of him?

To be fair, Bennett is a high draft with a promising future and at least he played the last game of the season, where he got an assist in the first 30 seconds of the game.

The Flames are also a young team with nothing to lose. This makes a huge difference.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
To be fair, Bennett is a high draft with a promising future and at least he played the last game of the season, where he got an assist in the first 30 seconds of the game.

The Flames are also a young team with nothing to lose. This makes a huge difference.

I'm aware of Bennett's 'pedigree' but it's not because the team never gave a try out to Hudon during the RS although Thomas (who is inferior) and Andrighetto got cups of coffees with the team. The Flames might be a young team but it's not like Hudon has no chance of being on the team next season. If Montreal plays it safe with their line-up, they'll have 'nothing to lose' too.

Lorty

May 7, 2013
I'm aware of Bennett's 'pedigree' but it's not because the team never gave a try out to Hudon during the RS although Thomas (who is inferior) and Andrighetto got cups of coffees with the team. The Flames might be a young team but it's not like Hudon has no chance of being on the team next season. If Montreal plays it safe with their line-up, they'll have 'nothing to lose' too.

Well, I completely agree with the regular season part. But... we were the least injured team this year, with a good winning record. It's hard to toss up players for the sake of giving some AHL players a couple days of NHL experience. It's hard to make changes when the team wins. You don't want to break the confidence of some players...

But, of course, in the perfect world, developing the AHL players would have been great. Especially when you know that Price is the reason we won so many games this year...

Phenom

Grind deez guyss - Michou
Jan 16, 2015
Montreal
Pacioretty - DD - DSP
DLR - Galchenyuk - Weise

So you scratch our best forward in the playoffs and replace it with Malhotra?

And that lineup is horrifying. I don't know what to say, i'm dumbfounded lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad