Lines this morning III (discuss latest lines & pairings here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
By that logic, we're stuck with the current roster through the end of the playoff.

Here's the problem with that. The offense is weak. If we play it "safe" and minimize risk the series is likely to end in around ~36 hours.

I think the logic is fine really. I addressed my concerns with him entering the lineup. I did not dismiss it entirely.

Habitant#1

Feb 15, 2006
Brisbane
Desharnais is back!?
Rejoice! The man with two career playoff goals in 34 games (one's an empty net) is here to save the day!!

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
This is a bad time for Habs. There are a lot of questions about this team now and going forward. Habs are being humiliated at the moment.

Your constant defense of one player, versus looking at the bigger picture, is pedantic, and an irritant to long time fans here. I would suggest you tone it down right now.
So the block me. I'm a long time poster here. Couldn't really care less if you like what I post or not. If you've talked to me lately, you'd know I think Desharnais is as awful as the rest of the team. Fact remains... we can't produce and his awful playoff ppg is still better than DLR.

I would suggest you stop telling me how to think.

That's it! You've solved it! Genius you are!
No... no I haven't.

The team sucks. Plekanec with Pacioretty at 5 on 5 is non-productive. DD and Patch aren't in the Playoffs either.. but at least they have a track record.. even if that's mostly Patches.

DD is scoring 0.03 goals per game in playoffs, I wouldn't argue about ppg hehehe
Bringing up goals for Desharnais is ridiculous. He's not here to score. Yeah, he should have more goals. Yeah, he should be more productive... but what else do we have? We sure looked great without him.

Not saying he's a key to our team either.. but you don't put in more DLR's when you can't produce offense.

Deshar - I'm only playing because I'm French - has TWO ****ing assists in 7 games, despite being played with the top offensive players and constantly on the powerplay.

Defend this please. Someone. Somehow.
Wouldn't really call Galchenyuk and Weise "top offensive players." Even when he was with Pacioretty, it was with DSP.

However, you can't defend it. It's simply not good enough.

Then again, no one on our team is. Our team is in the second round lead by Torrey Mitchell and Brian Flynn. Gross.

Pacioretty and Plekanec have just 3 points despite more ice-time and better linemates. Gallagher and Galchenyuk both have just two points as well despite more ice-time. People said if DD got less ice-time... we'd be better. He's 5th right now, I believe... and we're just as bad if not wore at producing offense.

Our only good Top-6 forward is Eller. And even he's not producing. He's not getting favorable time, but he didn't last year either.

Last edited:

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
So the block me. I'm a long time poster here. Couldn't really care less if you like what I post or not. If you've talked to me lately, you'd know I think Desharnais is as awful as the rest of the team. Fact remains... we can't produce and his awful playoff ppg is still better than DLR.

I would suggest you stop telling me how to think.

No... no I haven't.

The team sucks. Plekanec with Pacioretty at 5 on 5 is non-productive. DD and Patch aren't in the Playoffs either.. but at least they have a track record.. even if that's mostly Patches.

Bringing up goals for Desharnais is ridiculous. He's not here to score. Yeah, he should have more goals. Yeah, he should be more productive... but what else do we have? We sure looked great without him.

Not saying he's a key to our team either.. but you don't put in more DLR's when you can't produce offense.

1) DLR is a defensive forward playing limited minutes. Evaluate him relative to that role.
2) DD is an offensive forward. And yes, given his limited playmaking skills, he has to score goals. He has 12 points (2 goals, 10 assists) in 34 career playoff games. He needs more goals and more assists. This year he has 0 goals and 2 assists in 7 games, he needs to score more goals and more assists.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
1) DLR is a defensive forward playing limited minutes. Evaluate him relative to that role.
2) DD is an offensive forward. And yes, given his limited playmaking skills, he has to score goals. He has 12 points (2 goals, 10 assists) in 34 career playoff games. He needsmo
re goals and more assists. This year he has 0 goals and 2 assists in 7 games, he needs to score more goals and more assists.
Limited minutes? He's playing nearly 12 minutes per game at ES alone.

Yeah, his playoff stats suck. Unfortunately, so does our whole team. We've got some big problems.

Talent Analyst

Dec 24, 2005
100th years
I would like to insert into the line up some youth offencive players. This team clearly need some help up front.

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Andrighetto
Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher
Hudon-Desharnais-DSP
Prust-Mitchel-Weise

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007
I would like to insert into the line up some youth offencive players. This team clearly need some help up front.

Hudon-Desharnais-DSP
Prust-Mitchel-Weise

I like those lines, wont happen but first two lines have tons of potential.

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Parenteau-Eller-Weise
DD-Plekanec-DSP
DLR-Mitchell-Prust

Got a few wingers off their normal sides but I would love to see this for a few shifts.

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009

Hudon-Desharnais-DSP
Prust-Mitchel-Weise

Heck I'd go all the way and find somewhere to play Carr at the expense of DSP (who is not bringing anything to the table)

HabsDieHard*

Haha.

Is someone comparing Dehsarnais' offence to De La Rose' as evidence Desharnais deserves to be on the team in a scoring role?

That's some classic stuff.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
The Habs only won 2 games out of 8 in regulation in the PO so far.

Game #1 and game #6 against Ottawa.
Something similar happen in both of those games.
Desharnais played 12:07 and 13:31.....his lowest TOI of the playoffs.
Eller played 17:42 and 17:07 in both of those games.

#JustSaying

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013

#JustSaying

Likely because the team gets destroyed at ES when he's on the ice.. so limiting his ES minutes helps this team get an edge in possession.

He's back though... assuming he's playing with Prust and Parenteau, there's no way in hell he should get more than 12-13 minutes.

Winter Eclipse

Nov 28, 2013
New York, NY

Our only good Top-6 forward is Eller. And even he's not producing. He's not getting favorable time, but he didn't last year either.

Love it. We can't judge DD on goals cause he's a playmaker!!

Eller and DLR? Yeah, they totes should be judged on offensive production.

I guess I'll add "context" to the tons of other information filters that are reserved exclusively for Desharnais :rolleyes:

dkd

May 4, 2012
Canada

#JustSaying

We should trend #prayforeller

dkd

May 4, 2012
Canada
Playing with DD is literally like playing short handed. He is supposed to be a playmaker and a puck possessor (center), but he can't do either. He is too small and he isn't a warrior like Gally. Must be sent out at the end of the season for a 6 pack of blue Gatorade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad