Line Combos: Lines this morning II (discuss latest lines & pairings here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Seriously...i'm not sure if it's me who's not explaining this properly, or if you guys are interpreting it the wrong way

It's not that I don't personally consider Galchenyuk a center, Therrien obviously doesn't

So...given that Therrien is the one who is responsible for icing the team, and not me.

If HE doesn't consider him a center, then he's not a center
I understand what you're saying. But going out and getting ANOTHER center when we've already got a bunch of them isn't something that I'm hoping for.

I'm hoping for our coach to pull his head out of his ass. It might be stuck up there too far though so I'm hoping our GM gives him a hand and has a talk with him. We need help on the wing.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Per RDS:

Trios du CH à l'entraînement

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Weise,
Galchenyuk- Plekanec- Gallagher
De La Rose-Eller-Thomas
Bournival - Malhotra-Sekac
Dumont

What in god's name is Therrien expecting out of that bottom six. Eller hasn't scored a point in a month - let's put him with 2 guys with a combined 12 NHL games under their belts.

Hell that entire bottom six has a combined 0 goals and 3 assists in 2015 by my quick count (1 from Eller, 2 from Sekac) .

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
We already have Galchenyuk, Pleks and Eller. That's good depth at the center position. Where we need help is on the wing.

No idea why Galchenyuk isn't playing at center... that's just a coaching issue.

Well that coaching issue is real, it exists and MT isn't going anywhere

So whether or not we, as fans think and know that Galchenyuk should be the center. It doesn't matter

Our centers right now are Desharnais, Plekanec and Eller.

If tomorrow morning Therrien wakes up and has an epiphany and comes to his senses...then that need for another top 6 center disappears.

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Moving Galchenyuk to center creates another hole in the lineup and instead of missing a top-6 center and a top-6 RW, we need a top-6 LW and a top-6 RW. Same difference.

We lack top-6 talent. Period.

Baruch

I like DD (Cups)
Apr 26, 2014
Montréal
Seriously...i'm not sure if it's me who's not explaining this properly, or if you guys are interpreting it the wrong way

It's not that I don't personally consider Galchenyuk a center, Therrien obviously doesn't

So...given that Therrien is the one who is responsible for icing the team, and not me.

What the guys are saying is that,as Galchenyuk CAN be considered a center, therefore the organizational hole that we meed to adress is at wing.

They understand that Therrien doesn't put him at C though, but the fact he already has and that he was drafted at C is the basis for their thought process.

I hope I was able to clear some things.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I understand what you're saying. But going out and getting ANOTHER center when we've already got a bunch of them isn't something that I'm hoping for.

I'm hoping for our coach to pull his head out of his ass. It might be stuck up there too far though so I'm hoping our GM gives him a hand and has a talk with him. We need help on the wing.

Thankfully...apparently, its very difficult for some people on here to understand that what we think/want has little to do with what's reality and what the coaches does.

I'm also hoping for Therrien to have an epiphany, but based on his history and infatuation with Desharnais. I seriously doubt it.

He waited for Galchenyuk to have a mini slump and quickly hustled Desharnais back to center.

So pardon me, and this isn't directed at you LG, but you guys may think that our centers are Galchenyuk, Plekanec and Eller...but Desharnais exists, he didn't just vanish out of thin air.

He's on this team and MT is going to use him

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Moving Galchenyuk to center creates another hole in the lineup and instead of missing a top-6 center and a top-6 RW, we need a top-6 LW and a top-6 RW. Same difference.

We lack top-6 talent. Period.

We lack a #1 RW.

Sekac should be given more opportunity to prove himself imo. (and not on the 3rd/4th line). I think he could fit in as a 2nd line LW.

Pacioretty-Plekanec-_______
Sekac-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Bournival-Eller-Weise
Prust-Malholtra-Thomas

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
What the guys are saying is that,as Galchenyuk CAN be considered a center, therefore the organizational hole that we meed to adress is at wing.

They understand that Therrien doesn't put him at C though, but the fact he already has and that he was drafted at C is the basis for their thought process.

That's what I was getting at.

We aren't in a position to win the cup with this current roster. Why would we not develop one of the biggest talents at centre we've had in years.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

I appreciate that...but i'm not the one who needed clarification here.

As long as Desharnais is on this team and especially at center of the #1 line and that Galchenyuk is at wing. Then a top 6 center IS an organizational hole that needs to be addressed.

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Weise,
Galchenyuk- Plekanec- Gallagher
De La Rose-Eller-Thomas
Bournival - Malhotra-Sekac
You've gotta be ****ing kidding me. Sekac on the fourth line, with Malhotra & Bournival? Eller with two rookies?

**** you, Therrien! You're setting these two up to fail so you can ***** about them to the media, all while giving your precious pets our best-scoring forward and continuing to stall Galchenyuk's necessary development at center.

Argh! :madfire::banghead::facepalm::rant::cry::thumbd:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
We lack a #1 RW.

Sekac should be given more opportunity to prove himself imo. (and not on the 3rd/4th line). I think he could fit in as a 2nd line LW.

Bournival-Eller-Weise
Prust-Malholtra-Thomas

This is what i'm getting at...where is Desharnais in your lineup?

It's great that you've managed to make him disappear out of thin air, but I assure you, in the real world, he exists.

And in that same world, Galchenyuk isn't at center...he's on the wing.

So in the real world, there are 2 needs in the top 6...one at RW in the spot that Weise currently occupies and the other at center when Desharnais, unfortunately, is.

But whatever magic trick you've figured out to make DD vanish out of thin air...can you tell you Bergevin about it???

Baruch

I like DD (Cups)
Apr 26, 2014
Montréal
That's what I was getting at.

We aren't in a position to win the cup with this current roster. Why would we not develop one of the biggest talents at centre we've had in years.

I say we try to give DD to Washington for Jakub Vrana...
hence revisiting the Erat/Forsberg trade ^^

smirob

Jun 2, 2014

As long as Desharnais is on this team and especially at center of the #1 line and that Galchenyuk is at wing. Then a top 6 center IS an organizational hole that needs to be addressed.

An 'organizational hole' indicates that we do not have better options in the organization, what everyone is telling you is that we do.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
This is what i'm getting at...where is Desharnais in your lineup?

It's great that you've managed to make him disappear out of thin air, but I assure you, in the real world, he exists.

And in that same world, Galchenyuk isn't at center...he's on the wing.

So in the real world, there are 2 needs in the top 6...one at RW in the spot that Weise currently occupies and the other at center when Desharnais, unfortunately, is.

But whatever magic trick you've figured out to make DD vanish out of thin air...can you tell you Bergevin about it???

HOLY S**T I was posting my ideal line-up given the personnel we currently have.
Desharnais is in the pressbox sitting on some phone books.

Baruch

I like DD (Cups)
Apr 26, 2014
Montréal

I quoted you because you had the last message.
Both of you were stuck on a technicality.

All of us are agreeing that Chucky ideally would need to be at C.
Next year he'll be full time, or I'll have list all hope in Therrien.

Plekanec is instrumental at C.
Eller's game does not translate well to wing.
Galchenyuk will become a legit 1C.

The odd-man out for top 9 C is DD, no matter how you look at it.
PLUS the fact he actually was MORE dangerous on the wing than on Center.

Baruch

I like DD (Cups)
Apr 26, 2014
Montréal

As Smirob said.
Galchenyuk has been drafted at C and Bergevin in his draft interview said he saw in him the First CENTER for the Habs for the next xx years.
Therefore Galchenyuk was touted to become a center. Yet, you do not count him a Center on the basis Therrien is not playing him at the position RIGHT NOW.

Top 6 C is NOT an organizational need.

Dannyhab

Feb 5, 2010
We lack a #1 RW.

Bournival-Eller-Weise
Prust-Malholtra-Thomas

This is good BUT as was mentioned..DD is here to stay. He should be a third line winger.

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-_______
Sekac-Plekanec-Gallagher
DD-Eller-Weise
Prust-Malholtra-Bournival
Thomas

I think that is our best conceivable lineup combo. When PAP comes back he takes Weise's spot and Weise then takes Bournival's spot.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
An 'organizational hole' indicates that we do not have better options in the organization, what everyone is telling you is that we do.

Doesn't matter what you or others are saying or even me to be honest.

The only thing that matters is what the coach does.

And Michel Therrien has an infatuation with Desharnais, he doesn't seem too enthused with the idea of Galchenyuk at center. Desharnais isn't going anywhere.

All these combinations mean that Desharnais is here to stay as a center as long as MT is the coach

So whatever 'pie-in-the-sky' theory you have about organizational needs...is completely irrelevant. The person in charge of filling out the lineup every night, has a completely different view of things

Again...I hope he has an epiphany and wakes up tomorrow and comes to his senses and shifts Galchenyuk back to center and tosses Desharnais in the press box or at the very least, back at wing on a 3rd line.

But nothing I've seen indicates that he's going to do that.

Nynja*

That still doesnt mean we have a hole at center. We have 3 capable centers, and MT misuses them. Thats NOT a roster problem. If we traded for another established mid-tier #1C, that would not fix the alleged hole at C because MT would most likely still bump them to the wing for the chosen one.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Doesn't matter what you or others are saying or even me to be honest.

The only thing that matters is what the coach does.

And Michel Therrien has an infatuation with Desharnais, he doesn't seem too enthused with the idea of Galchenyuk at center. Desharnais isn't going anywhere.

All these combinations mean that Desharnais is here to stay as a center as long as MT is the coach

So whatever 'pie-in-the-sky' theory you have about organizational needs...is completely irrelevant. The person in charge of filling out the lineup every night, has a completely different view of things

Again...I hope he has an epiphany and wakes up tomorrow and comes to his senses and shifts Galchenyuk back to center and tosses Desharnais in the press box or at the very least, back at wing on a 3rd line.

But nothing I've seen indicates that he's going to do that.

So let me use your logic.

Therrien decides to bench Carey Price (long term), does a #1 goalie become an organizational need?

I rest my case.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I quoted you because you had the last message.
Both of you were stuck on a technicality.

All of us are agreeing that Chucky ideally would need to be at C.
Next year he'll be full time, or I'll have list all hope in Therrien.

Plekanec is instrumental at C.
Eller's game does not translate well to wing.
Galchenyuk will become a legit 1C.

The odd-man out for top 9 C is DD, no matter how you look at it.
PLUS the fact he actually was MORE dangerous on the wing than on Center.

Actually...I was trying to point out that technicality. But fair enough

I'd like to agree with the rest of your post though. But as long as MT is the coach and Desharnais is on this team. I have my doubts.

Nynja*

That still doesnt mean the problem is the roster. You said we have a hole at top 6 C, we dont. Because the coach misuses the roster, is not a flaw of the roster. You said we have a hole at top 4 D, I quoted the top 4 D of the top 4 teams in the standings right now, and I dont see how those teams top 4 are leagues better than ours.

The only hole is top 6 RW, nothing more. The rest of the holes that pop up are inept coaching decisions.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
So let me use your logic.

Therrien decides to bench Carey Price (long term), does a #1 goalie become an organizational need?

I rest my case.

If he benches Price for Tokarski for the better part of 3 years

Yes...how could it not be as long as he's the coach

btw - this example using goalies is completely disingenuous, but I decided to entertain you either way.

Therrien has been the coach of this team for almost 3 years and in that time, the player they drafted to be their #1 center has taken a back seat to a player who's inferior in every way and who has gotten progressively worse every year under Therrien

But yet he still stubbornly fights against the idea of moving Galchenyuk to center...

when you take that coupled with the fact that Bergevin seems to stand behind MT as his coach fully (see extension given this offseason).

It doesn't appear to me that Galchenyuk, despite my wises to the contrary, is destined to be a center any time soon as long as...

a) Therrien is the coach
b) Desharnais is on this roster

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Can't believe I've spent the better part of 2hrs arguing a freaking technicality in a post I made where in theory...we all agree

This is freaking ridiculous

funniest part is I never actually said that this was an 'organizational need'

just that as long as MT continued to use Desharnais as his #1 center and Galchenyuk on the wing...that it created a hole (which you all agree with in theory)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad