Line Combos: Lines this morning II (discuss latest lines & pairings here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Wow all of that nurturing and guidance is sure paying off for Beaulieu hey?

Yep, arguably the most important game of the year to date and this teams' fastest d-man plays 13:23.

The marginalization and consequent sitting of Beaulieu was so predictable from so far away.

What a shame this team is just going to piss away potentially multiple MVP performances from Price because of their ineptitude at finding a coach capable of actually getting the best out of his team.

Doesn't matter what line changes Therrien makes or doesn't make, he's a complete fool and any moves he makes will just be more of the same asinine nonsense as always.

The last 5 games Desharnais has around 90 minutes played and he has 2 shots on goal.

Lol.

This team performs worse offensively than the 2011/2012 team did.

Lol.

The 28th place team that was coached by someone who hasn't coached since.

Great coaching for this team.

Yeah its sad really.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
He's building for the future.

Yes he's inherited every single core member of this team save for the one he drafted 3rd overall in his first Summer on the job, and yes he's traded away 2nd round picks in multiple years and added no long term scoring at all but he is building for the future!!

:sarcasm:

MB is no stupid man.

Why would he acquire a top 6 scoring forward when he knows that MT will end playing him on the 4th line or watching from the press box. In light of that, he ended up trading for MT's type of players "grinders".

Seriously though, I have no clue which direction this team is going when they have Therrien behind the bench.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Therrien is the kind of coach that doesn't care about scoring, he wants to win every game by 1 goal, and 1-0 is his superbowl.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Therrien is the kind of coach that doesn't care about scoring, he wants to win every game by 1 goal, and 1-0 is his superbowl.

The System is basically Carey Price. But he's taken us this far so who knows?

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
The System is basically Carey Price. But he's taken us this far so who knows?

For some coaches, that's considered a big victory though. If they can hold a 1 goal lead and win, they see it as a bigger victory than winning by 5 goals. It takes more strategy, planning, tactics, etc... It's like scoring a hat trick for a coach.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal

Which I have no problem with. It's great to have a heavily reliable defensive system, and with the right personnel it can be very effective (see: our team). But to win games, you still need to score goals. I remember Therrien saying last year that the goal was to score 3 goals each game to get themselves the win. We haven't been doing that much, but because Price is the best player in the world this season it hasn't been too important.

I hope something happens soon and the offense starts clicking, though. 1-0 wins are great, but 3-0 wins are even better

Kingbobert

Jul 15, 2005
Montreal
Wow all of that nurturing and guidance is sure paying off for Beaulieu hey?

Yep, arguably the most important game of the year to date and this teams' fastest d-man plays 13:23.

The marginalization and consequent sitting of Beaulieu was so predictable from so far away.

What a shame this team is just going to piss away potentially multiple MVP performances from Price because of their ineptitude at finding a coach capable of actually getting the best out of his team.

Doesn't matter what line changes Therrien makes or doesn't make, he's a complete fool and any moves he makes will just be more of the same asinine nonsense as always.

The last 5 games Desharnais has around 90 minutes played and he has 2 shots on goal.

Lol.

This team performs worse offensively than the 2011/2012 team did.

Lol.

The 28th place team that was coached by someone who hasn't coached since.

Great coaching for this team.

Such a great post...

I honestly beileve that we wont win a cup any time soon...we're going to squander players in their peak all cause Therien will not go anywhere as long as Price bails him out

We have a coach who is and always will be a loser in the NHL.
His teams have always played well despite him, not cause of him.
He lost the cup with a stacked penguins team and had them almost out of the playoffs the following year, and as soon as he was replaced, a different coach with the same exact team won them a cup a couple of months later....if that doesnt tell you what type of coach he is i dont know what will.

HabsDieHard*

Yup we'll spend the next 2-3 years fantasizing about some amazing future that never materializes.

Good thing Bergevin didn't "overpay" to find a scorer to improve the scoring depth at forward. He's added so many important pieces to the core of this team in the last 2 and a half years, good on him for sitting back on that and letting things play out.

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto
Yup we'll spend the next 2-3 years fantasizing about some amazing future that never materializes.

Good thing Bergevin didn't "overpay" to find a scorer to improve the scoring depth at forward. He's added so many important pieces to the core of this team in the last 2 and a half years, good on him for sitting back on that and letting things play out.

He's given Therrien the type of players he wants, if it fails this year which it likely will, MT isn't safe.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Therrien will sit on his ass for another day.

Lines will be the same. Numbnuts will expect differenr results.

The lineup is just like the pp. Pp going on two seasons not working; lineup has a month to go and therrien still has figured out nothing.

Really what does he bring?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
You guys realize that shuffling the lines around is going to do very little to generate more scoring.

At the end of the day, the teams' 2 primary centers responsible for generating offense are not delivering the goods (Desharnais, Plekanec).

So I don't expect shuffling things around is going to make much of a difference, if at all

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
You guys realize that shuffling the lines around is going to do very little to generate more scoring.

At the end of the day, the teams' 2 primary centers responsible for generating offense are not delivering the goods (Desharnais, Plekanec).

So I don't expect shuffling things around is going to make much of a difference, if at all

I wish Therrien would understand this.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
So those Mitchell/Flynn guys arent really impressive so far

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - PAP
DD - Eller - Gallagher
DSP - Plekanec - Weise
Prust - DLR - Mitchell

smirob

Jun 2, 2014

I think most are advocating for shuffling of the lines INCLUDING our top 6 centres. If they're not delivering the goods, why should we keep them where they currently are?

HabsDieHard*

DD - Eller - Gallagher
DSP - Plekanec - Weise
Prust - DLR - Mitchell

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Parenteau (2 best 2 way forwards with him)
Eller-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Desharnais-De La Rose-Smith Pelley
Prust-Mitchell-Weise

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
*Logging in HFBoards for my daily dose of ridiculous lineups.*

DD - Eller - Gallagher
DSP - Plekanec - Weise
Prust - DLR - Mitchell

*Logging out completely satisfied.*

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013

Well in his presser last night he said something to the effect of "we compete to get da win". So it would appear that he wants to win every game by 0 goals lol.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013

As long as he gets Galchenyuk away from Plek... he looks like a completely different player since being put on that line and it's not good.

Patch-DD-Galchenyuk would be a very dangerous line. Galchenyuk would basically play like the centre on that line considering DD tends to play like a winger.

Plek can produce with grinders on his wing.

Patch-DD-Galchenyuk
Prust-Plek-Gally (Gally and Plek will produce despite Prust. Line gets toughest minutes)
Eller-DLR-DSP
Flynn-Mitchell-Weise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad