Line Combos: Lines 2-4 (To start training camp/pre-season)

Makar to MacK

Sep 14, 2018
Saint Cloud, FL
All this thread does is make me wish we had brought in a top six forward this off-season. Even with a top five draft pick we still need one more player. Kaut will probably be good, but not for two years at least.

Kerfoot is not someone I'm betting on in the future either..

We have Jost, and down the line.................. Kaut, and then a high first coming which may or may not be a contributing player in 2019-20.
We also have Bowers more then likely coming next year as well.

Reactions: klozge

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
We also have Bowers more then likely coming next year as well.

The point is no one we can project on the second line that can be a driver within the next 2 to 3 years. Kaut may make the team but he wont be a #1/2 on a line at that point. Neither will Bowers.

The only 2nd line player we have who could POTENTIALLY drive a line is Jost. Even if we draft Hughes/Kakko that's two players, and it's the best case scenario. I just don't see this problem for the future that bringing in a top six player would create as a reason not to go get someone for this season plus five years.

It's Sakic's only failure for this off-season for a team who through and though feels like the goal is playoffs or bust. I get patience, but I also don't see bringing someone in creating a near term issue either. Which would be the reason not too.

This is probably exacerbated by me not even remotely being a fan of Kerfoot.

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
The point is no one we can project on the second line that can be a driver within the next 2 to 3 years. Kaut may make the team but he wont be a #1/2 on a line at that point. Neither will Bowers.

The only 2nd line player we have who could POTENTIALLY drive a line is Jost. Even if we draft Hughes/Kakko that's two players, and it's the best case scenario. I just don't see this problem for the future that bringing in a top six player would create as a reason not to go get someone for this season plus five years.

It's Sakic's only failure for this off-season for a team who through and though feels like the goal is playoffs or bust. I get patience, but I also don't see bringing someone in creating a near term issue either. Which would be the reason not too.

This is probably exacerbated by me not even remotely being a fan of Kerfoot.
Our 1st pick will be probably between 10-15 and he can be a third man (example Lavoie, Zergas or Suzuki). Play in playoff will be very hard this year .

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
Based off of how the past few games have gone, I expect the lineup to look something along the lines of:

Landeskog-MacKinnon-Rantanen
Kerfoot-Jost-Wilson
Nieto-Soda-Compher
Calvert-Kamenev-Sven
I don't like Wilson in a scoring role. I do like the other lines, though. Maybe switch Wilson and Compher. A lot would depend on Soda being able to elevate his wings but he has shown he can do this. I also think O'Connor might make the team and might take on the role (5 on 5, not on the PK) Comeau played last season.

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
After the game against Dallas, is it possible than the answer for the second line is the 1st line.

Jost-Mackinnon- Compher or Kamenev
Landeskog- Kerfoot- Rantanen
Calvert-Soder- Compher or Wilson
Nieto-Toni-Wilson or Kamenev

For me it's time for Rantanen To lead a line.
What do you think?

member 116861

After the game against Dallas, is it possible than the answer for the second line is the 1st line.

Jost-Mackinnon- Compher or Kamenev
Landeskog- Kerfoot- Rantanen
Calvert-Soder- Compher or Wilson
Nieto-Toni-Wilson or Kamenev

For me it's time for Rantanen To lead a line.
What do you think?

If I'm being honest, breaking up the first line is not the end of the world. Would I do it? Probably not but it could work.

Just don't break up Nieto and Soderberg though <3

Reactions: Brett44

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
If I'm being honest, breaking up the first line is not the end of the world. Would I do it? Probably not but it could work.

Just don't break up Nieto and Soderberg though <3

Ok for Nieto-Soderberg but Calvert deserved a top 9 ice time.

OwenNolan

Jul 4, 2016
Landeskog- Mackinnon- Rantanen
Kerfoot- Jost- Wilson
Nieto- Soderberg- Bourque
Calvert- Compher- Dries
Toninato

Johnson- Girard
Barrie- Zadorov
Cole- Nemeth
Barberio- Alt

Varlamov
Grubauer

Reactions: BrickAHL

member 116861

Kerfoot- Jost- Wilson
Calvert- Compher- Dries
Toninato

Johnson- Girard
Barrie- Zadorov
Cole- Nemeth
Barberio- Alt

Varlamov
Grubauer

This is it chief

LTC Pain

Jul 1, 2006
Colorado Springs, CO
Kerfoot- Jost- Wilson
Calvert- Compher- Dries
Toninato

Johnson- Girard
Barrie- Zadorov
Cole- Nemeth
Barberio- Alt

Varlamov
Grubauer

Yes, too start the season. When Ghetto and Kamenev come off IR who goes down to the Eagles? Toninato and Alt, or Toninato and Dries???

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Yes, too start the season. When Ghetto and Kamenev come off IR who goes down to the Eagles? Toninato and Alt, or Toninato and Dries???

Depends, right now all three of them can be demoted without having to go on waivers since Sun-Dried and Tomato are waiver exempt and Alt already cleared. If it takes up to a month for those guys to recover they'd have to send Alt back through again.

All that said I suppose it'd be Alt and Toninato.

DanglesFromDuchene

Sep 8, 2013
Kerfoot- Jost- Wilson
Calvert- Compher- Dries
Toninato

Johnson- Girard
Barrie- Zadorov
Cole- Nemeth
Barberio- Alt

Varlamov
Grubauer
Just curious, why are LW listed on the left side but LD are listed on the right? I see that a lot

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I love Wilson up there. Needed size on that line and he was good in the preseason, not just in terms of scoring but in terms of forechecking and position.

Reactions: AvsGuy

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Wilson is better than what he showed last year. As a complementary player on a second line, he could work in theory. He's going to have to do better though.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkT

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Injuries and illness hampered Wilson all season, he could never get a rhythm going. He had a very solid showing in the postseason on that 4th line with Gork and JT Wentworth though. Hopefully he can start out strong and give his linemates some room to work with.

Makar to MacK

Sep 14, 2018
Saint Cloud, FL
Screenshot_20181002-210443_Firefox.jpg
This was posted on the Rumors thread. Just thought you guys would like to see it if you dont venture off the Avs forum much. I like these lines a lot and hope this works out.

Reactions: AvsGuy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad