Line Combos: Line-up 2014-2015 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
whichever way they line up....i'm happy as long as nylander and leivo get first dibs on the opening lineup ahead of frattin/kozun/orr.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
Our center depth is brutal.

Our #3 center is an AHLer.

Holland has 17 points in 68 career games.

lukeleim

Dec 1, 2009
Calgary
Oct. 8
JVR - Bozak -Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Clarkson
Komarov - Santorelli - Kozun
Winnik - Holland - Leivo
Injured: Booth
Frattin, Orr

Phaneuf - Robidas
Gardiner - Franson
Rielly - Polak
Holzer

Bernier
Reimer

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Holland has been a near ppg center in the ahl from ages 20-22, true.

He's also been a 20pt pace center in the nhl in fourth line minutes, also true.

Third line centers typically score in the 30-40pt range, so holland has to improve ovee what he was as a 22yr old, also true.

Our fourth line center scored at a 50pt pace last year, and had a 20gl/41pt season two years before, also true.

WhatASaveDave

Feb 3, 2010
toronto ontario
Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
Jvr - Kadri - Leivo
Nylander - Holland - Santorelli
Winnik - Komarov - Clarkson

Phaneuf - Robidas
Gardiner - Franson
Rielly - Polak

Bernier
Reimer

Extra: Kozun, Holzer, Orr
Ir: Booth

This is my opening day roster

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
Holland has been a near ppg center in the ahl from ages 20-22, true.

He's also been a 20pt pace center in the nhl in fourth line minutes, also true.

Third line centers typically score in the 30-40pt range, so holland has to improve ovee what he was as a 22yr old, also true.

Our fourth line center scored at a 50pt pace last year, and had a 20gl/41pt season two years before, also true.

I really like Holland. From what I've seen of him in interviews he seems like a real nice guy with a great personality.

But he needs to produce at a 40 point pace with good 2 way play to play on this team.

There are a bunch of PPG AHLer's who never cut it in the NHL.

I truly hope he doesn't join them.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Leivo
Komarov - Winnik - Kozun

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I really like Holland. From what I've seen of him in interviews he seems like a real nice guy with a great personality.

But he needs to produce at a 40 point pace with good 2 way play to play on this team.

There are a bunch of PPG AHLer's who never cut it in the NHL.

I truly hope he doesn't join them.

Just so you know, 40pts is second line production on most teams in the league.

snizzbone*

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Kadri - Clarkson
Komarov - Santorelli - Leivo
Winnik - Holland - Kozun
Orr, Ashton

Phaneuf - Robidas
Gardiner - Polak
Percy - Rielly
Franson (Percy up with big club until Franson is back)
Holzer

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Holland needs to be given an opportunity.

Hard to score 35-40 points if you're not getting consistent ~15 minutes per game of ice time with legitimate NHLers.

Look at how Kadri did in the NHL before the 2013 season. He was bounced around between lines, played with unskilled linemates with limited icetime, etc. No surprise he didn't break out until he was finally given a long stretch with good ice time, PP time, scoring winger linemates, etc.

Ramboshaw

Apr 9, 2012
Meadow Lake, SK
JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Leivo
Komarov - Winnik - Kozun

I like it, except like not act like management is just going to let Clarkson be a healthy scratch. (To start the year anyways)
They'll probably slap on the "A" if anything...

RLF

May 5, 2014
Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Kadri - Clarkson
Komarov - Holland - Leivo(could be a great third line imo)
Winnik - Santorelli - Kozun
Orr, Frattin

Phaneuf - Robidas
Gardiner - Polak
Rielly- Franson
Holzer(add Percy if Franson still injured)

Bernier
Reimer

Incetardis

Sep 17, 2013
JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Leivo
Komarov - Winnik - Kozun

I like this lineup... For me the lone bright spot from that dud of a game against the Wings last night was that Holland and Nylander seemed to have some chemistry in a limited time together. Personally, I'd like to see Komarov play higher in the lineup and I don't like Kadri & Lupul together (they had minimal chemistry most of last year and wouldn't want to rely on a rookie to get them going offensively) so this would be my version:

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Kadri - Leivo
Nylander - Holland - Komarov
Winnik - Santo - Kozun

Incetardis

Sep 17, 2013
One observation on Holland... He has good all around skills and has the size to be an effective center in the league (although he doesn't utilize it) but seems to be lacking some offensive creativity and the ability to make plays for himself. This is why I think he needs a dynamic play maker like Nylander with him so that he can be more of a secondary trigger man than the creative force on his line.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Kessel Bozak JVR
Lupul Kadri Leivo
Nylander Santorelli Komarov
Orr Winnik Kozun

Dion Gardiner
Rielly Polak
Percy Holzer

Not sure but I think we were better last year on opening night.

samwitch

Feb 27, 2008
Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Kadri - Clarkson
Komarov - Holland - Leivo(could be a great third line imo)
Winnik - Santorelli - Kozun
Orr, Frattin

Phaneuf - Robidas
Gardiner - Polak
Rielly- Franson
Holzer(add Percy if Franson still injured)

Bernier
Reimer

I like this lineup. The only changes I would make:

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Kadri - Clarkson
Leivo - Santorelli - Komarov
Winnik - Holland - Kozun

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Kessel Bozak JVR
Lupul Kadri Leivo
Nylander Santorelli Komarov
Orr Winnik Kozun

Dion Gardiner
Rielly Polak
Percy Holzer

Not sure but I think we were better last year on opening night.

That is likely because the players going out were better than the players coming in.

You don't even have 3 of the 6 new forwards Frattin, Booth (due to injury), Kontiola (cut) in the line-up that were believed to make the team deeper and better. That is also because Nylander, Leivo and Kozun have outplayed them as none of those new players mentioned have been any good nor earned spots.

Leafs are now entering year 6 of the "official rebuild" and appear to be going backwards in competitiveness based on rosters.

one77

Dec 22, 2013
JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Nylander
Leivo - Santorelli - Clarkson
Komarov - Holland - Winnik
-Frattin/Kozun

Phaneuf - Gardiner
Rielly - Robidas
Franson - Polak
Percy

Bernier
Reimer

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
One observation on Holland... He has good all around skills and has the size to be an effective center in the league (although he doesn't utilize it) but seems to be lacking some offensive creativity and the ability to make plays for himself. This is why I think he needs a dynamic play maker like Nylander with him so that he can be more of a secondary trigger man than the creative force on his line.

he's spent most of his time this preseason with shooters, leaving him to be the playmaker on the line.

i'd like to see him get some playmakers on his line, so he canget to use his great shot a bit more in better scoring positions.

part of the reason why eventually i see him as a winger.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
That is likely because the players going out were better than the players coming in.

You don't even have 3 of the 6 new forwards Frattin, Booth (due to injury), Kontiola (cut) in the line-up that were believed to make the team deeper and better. That is also because Nylander, Leivo and Kozun have outplayed them as none of those new players mentioned have been any good nor earned spots.

Leafs are now entering year 6 of the "official rebuild" and appear to be going backwards in competitiveness based on rosters.

If the #1 line or Dion/Bernier are hurt. We are looking at a very high pick next summer. Same team, perhaps weaker infact.

one77

Dec 22, 2013
I'm not too fond of Holland. There's something missing there with him

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Tankers may get their wish this season.

Although I thought I saw Vegas odds have them as a middle of the pack Team. I know you put a lot of stock in those odds.

Bravid Nonahan

carlylol = القسوة
Mar 22, 2009
أو&#1585
Lupul-Bozak-Kessel
JVR-Kadri-Leivo
Komarov-Santorelli-Clarkson
Winnik-Holland-Kozun

I might be forgetting someone but I figure those are our starting 12 forwards on opening night.

Extras: Orr, Frattin (even though he hasn't done anything)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad