Line Combos: Line suggestions/critiquing

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Thread's been dead for a couple days, but watching Jagr and Yeti tonight has got me thinking about this potenital, deadly lineup for playoffs (assuming a healthy lineup):

Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin
Lucic-Krejci-Horton
Campbell-Soderberg-Jagr
Paille-Kelly-Peverley

We get the old top 6 which has proven to be effective when it wants to be, Kelly and Peverley reunited since they've had great chemistry in the past, and a third line with two creative offensive minds and a gritty player to throw the body around.

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
Thread's been dead for a couple days, but watching Jagr and Yeti tonight has got me thinking about this potenital, deadly lineup for playoffs (assuming a healthy lineup):

Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin
Lucic-Krejci-Horton
Campbell-Soderberg-Jagr
Paille-Kelly-Peverley

We get the old top 6 which has proven to be effective when it wants to be, Kelly and Peverley reunited since they've had great chemistry in the past, and a third line with two creative offensive minds and a gritty player to throw the body around.

Wow I like this a lot!

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I just feel like we are passing up potential gold by not putting Marchand with Jagr. IMO those two are our biggest offensive threats and work well together.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I'm probably pulling a Clode here, but what would people think of playing Jagr with Paille and Campbell full time? Jagr's style of play makes him able to play the same game with absolutely anyone, and Paille and Campbell have both been fantastic this year anyways. It would give us ridiculous depth.

Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin
Lucic-Krejci-Horton
Paille-Campbell-Jagr
Soderberg-Kelly-Peverley

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I'm probably pulling a Clode here, but what would people think of playing Jagr with Paille and Campbell full time? Jagr's style of play makes him able to play the same game with absolutely anyone, and Paille and Campbell have both been fantastic this year anyways. It would give us ridiculous depth.

Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin
Lucic-Krejci-Horton
Paille-Campbell-Jagr
Soderberg-Kelly-Peverley

Finish is the problem I see here.

I don't mind either guy with him, but the problem is neither can finish (Paille's finish is legendarily terrible). Jagr creates chances and subsequent rebounds. Ideally there's another guy on his line who can bury some of those, and those guys can't bury anything.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
If we play the Isles I see our D pairings, Rangers Hamilton sits for McQuaid.

Chara-Seides
Redden-Hamilton
Ference-Boychuck

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
I don't know if the plan is to keep him there or not, but Matt Bartkowski has been assigned to Providence. As of now, the Bruins have 8 healthy D on the roster. Chara, Ference, Redden, Seidenberg, Boychuk, McQuaid, Hamilton and Johnson.

Johnson will be one of the scratches. If Julien wants to keep the Chara/Seidenberg pairing together, I think McQuaid or more probably Hamilton will be the odd man out. If Chara and Seidenberg aren't paired together, I think it's more likely that Redden will sit.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad