Paille-Kelly-Peverley

Daugavins, Pandolfo

Chara-Hamilton
Seidenberg-Boychuk
Ference-McQuaid

Redden, Bartkowski

Rask
Khudobin

That's 24 players on the roster. Looks like someone else will need to go down as well. Figuring it will be Bartkowski. He's had a great showing, but should finish the season strong with the Calder Cup contending Providence Bruins.

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
That's 24 players on the roster. Looks like someone else will need to go down as well. Figuring it will be Bartkowski. He's had a great showing, but should finish the season strong with the Calder Cup contending Providence Bruins.

I would love to see that. Winning the Calder Cup did wonders for the development of the Ottawa Senators' AHL prospects.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin
Lucic-Krejci-Jagr
Soderberg-Campbell-Horton
Paille-Kelly-Peverley

Daugavins, Pandolfo

Chara-Hamilton
Seidenberg-Boychuk
Ference-McQuaid

Redden, Bartkowski

Rask
Khudobin

I don't think there is a roster limit anymore and the Bruins can carry as many players as the want.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Love those lines. Plus Seguin and Lucic always seem to get eachother going out on the ice.

And that's the best 3rd and 4th line in the league. No doubt about it.. Well.. assuming Horton elevates his game in the playoffs (he and Kelly usually do) and Soderberg acclimates.

I would go with those lines with 1 exception, I would put Peverly at centre on line 3 and move Kelly to line 4.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
Kelly way too defensively important to hide on line 4. Second best faceoff guy also.

Unless you turn what was line 4 into a minutes easting checking line with Kelly-Paille-Campbell. They would get more time on ice than Horton, Peverley, and Soderberg.

Maybe limiting all three of the aboves ice time would make them shaper for various reasons.

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
Kelly way too defensively important to hide on line 4. Second best faceoff guy also.

The 4th line is never hidden in Julien's system. It would leave Kelly fresh to kill penalties, and I'd rather see him take up more of the share of PK TOI in the playoffs because Bergeron will need to be relied on offensively.

Also, even though it seems like forever since we've seen it, Rich Peverley does have more offensive talent and would be better suited as the 3rd line center.

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Anybody else see the NESN report about the practice lines today?

Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin
Campbell-Krejci-Jagr
Paille-Kelly-Horton
Lucic-Peverley-Thornton

Seems like someone knows that we haven't been seeing the best out of the current lines.

Really deep team that's coming together. I think Thornton/Peverley/Horton may rotate as healthy scratches. Whoever is stinking most or if there's no need for physical element (Thornton). Peverley has an edge because he kills penalties.

Soderberg will hopefully get Lucic going. They are interchangable I think. Whoever is playing better.

Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin
Lucic/Soderberg-Krejci-Jagr
Lucic/Soderberg-Campbell-Peverley
Paille-Kelly-Horton/Thornton

Daugavins, Pandolfo

Love. It.

RupBoysDad

@Rupboysdad
Anybody else see the NESN report about the practice lines today?

Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin
Campbell-Krejci-Jagr
Paille-Kelly-Horton
Lucic-Peverley-Thornton

EDIT : With Sodaburger subbing for Campbell here and there.

http://nesn.com/2013/04/milan-lucic-joins-rich-peverley-shawn-thornton-on-fourth-line-at-morning-skate/?1

Seems like someone knows that we haven't been seeing the best out of the current lines.

With more options, Claude can now make people accountable for their poor play, I for one am good with that.

ccmhockey

Aug 18, 2010
Boston
According to @NHLBruins no Soderberg tonight to give him a bit more time to adjust to the system.

Personally, I feel it's a good move considering Marchand and Bergy are back in the lineup and with Campbell being pretty effective on that line I don't see the need to rush it.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
If Horton cannot go tomorrow, I'd like to see:

Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin
Lucic - Krejci - Jagr
Soderberg - Kelly - Peverley
Paille - Campbell - Thornton

Julien might also want to get Daugavins into the lineup, should be interesting.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
If Horton cannot go tomorrow, I'd like to see:

Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin
Lucic - Krejci - Jagr
Soderberg - Kelly - Peverley
Paille - Campbell - Thornton

Julien might also want to get Daugavins into the lineup, should be interesting.

Thornton has not contributed physically much, he's fought what, once? Since his fight with Scott. And he's not getting paid to score... Give me Daugavins, I really liked his hustle.

Those are the lines I want for tomorrow as well, with Dogman on the 4th. Slot Horton in on the 3rd down and move Pevs down if he's ok, but I doubt we see him tomorrow.

du5566*

Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin
Sodoberg-Krejci-Jagr
Paille-Kelly-Pevs
Lucic-Campbell-Daugavins

I actually agree with the above poster about Thornton. Also keep Lucic on 4th line until he shows he is willing to play physical on a nightly basis.

Last edited by a moderator:

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I would love to see the players earn their spot, if you want to play first line minutes play like a first liner .Or else you drop down the to next available spot. I'd rather see Lucic play fourth line than sit, sure he's had a hard time at times this year but I gotta give him the nod over anyone on the fourth line. Hell even the third line while we're at it. he's not playing well enough to be on the first line but he's not worse than any of the guys on the third and fourth line. When teams struggle to score, as the Bruins have, they shake up their lines. Lately Claude has started mixing up the lines, but he loses focus, he always has an eye on defense first which is not the problem, always trying to "balance lines". Just for once Claude, let it go, can we make a line that thinks offence first. We tried your way Claude it's not working.

du5566*

My lines exactly except I switch Lucic for Paille don't see what Paille has done to move up.

It's more of a consequence for Lucic's play than a reward for Paille's. I will say that at least Paille always appears to be giving 100 percent effort.

Didn't think punishment was the right word. These are grown men being bad millions of dollars after all. Their play should earn their ice time.

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
Thornton has not contributed physically much, he's fought what, once? Since his fight with Scott. And he's not getting paid to score... Give me Daugavins, I really liked his hustle.

Those are the lines I want for tomorrow as well, with Dogman on the 4th. Slot Horton in on the 3rd down and move Pevs down if he's ok, but I doubt we see him tomorrow.

Dude right on about Thornton. I love the guy but lets be serious here, he isn't being payed to score goals. I find it strange that a guy who plays a gritty style game, and fights the heavy weights of the league, doesn't throw a good body check. He rarely plays the body. I mean, at least get in their faces, instigate stuff. Play with that Boston Bruins gritty style, or better, play with the Big Bad Bruins mentality.

It is mind boggling, a guy who is paid for his physicality plays the game with velvet gloves on. You ever notice him during or after a fight, he goes above and beyond with the so called, Code.

Give me a break man, he's had one fight since Scott knocked him out. I'll give him props for the respect he shows the opposing teams tough guys, but common Its a bit much. Again I never heard of a guy who is payed for his physicality but doesn't throw his weight around because he has too much respect, or he doesn't want to make any waves. Oh wait, he isn't that type of player, right, right, I understand.

Oh oh I may get bashed for this post cause I am being negative about one of our players, who also happens to be a favorite in Boston.. Maybe that's the problem here, some of these guys are a bit too comfortable.

Last edited:

trudatman*

pointless intro text needed to maintain formatting
MAR/BER/JAG
SOD/KRE/SEG
PAI/KEL/PEV(DAU)
LUC/CAM/HOR
CHA/HAM
SEI/BOY(RED)
FER/MCQ
RAS(KHU)

Last edited by a moderator: