SourGrapes

You Kids Out There
Dec 30, 2013
Mimico
Lupul-Komarov-Kessel
JVR-Kadri/Bozie-Clarkson/Santorelli
Winnik-Kadri/Bozie-Clarkson/Santorelli
Panik-Holland-Broll

Thats all i want to see, well balanced lines that can cycle the puck play defensivly and can score goals

Leo Komarov as our first line centre? As if we aren't enough of a laughing stock already.

TheLeafsBro

Mar 14, 2014
London, ON
So Carlyle shakes up the forwards but keeps Phaneuf and Franson together on the top pairing. Yeah I'm sure that will work out just fine... :shakehead

Gary Batman

Aug 4, 2014
So Carlyle shakes up the forwards but keeps Phaneuf and Franson together on the top pairing. Yeah I'm sure that will work out just fine... :shakehead

I understand your frustration, but all of our Dmen are equally bad. No pairing would be significantly better.:help:

TheLeafsBro

Mar 14, 2014
London, ON
Gunnnnnnnerrrrrssssssssssssson!!!

Seriously though. At least Gunnar-Phaneuf was a solid dependable line most nights. That trade is looking worse and worse. Was Franson seriously the planned replacement this whole time? What a joke decision by Nonis.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Seriously though. At least Gunnar-Phaneuf was a solid dependable line most nights. That trade is looking worse and worse. Was Franson seriously the planned replacement this whole time? What a joke decision by Nonis.

They wanted Gorges.

Polak has been solid. I take him over Gunnar almost every day of the week.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Just wow. Solid at what? Physicality?

Physicality, Defense, Clearing the net. He is also a very smart player.

Gunnar was soft, never cleared the net, and we needed someone willing to do the hard work.

Gunner and Polak are both #4 d-men who play different styles, and we needed Polak's style of play more than Gunnar's.

As much as I hate Franson, Phaneuf-Franson pairing has been our best possession pairing thus far when they are together. Robidas and Polak fit better with Rielly and Gardiner, and that leaves Franson to be on the top pair.

Hey, if it was me, I would have Percy up there with Phaneuf, and Franson would be scratched. Percy and Dion looked so good the few times they were together.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
Komarov should be on the 2nd line not Clarkson.

In an ideal world, but Clarkson has a bigger cap hit, and he should be used on the 2nd line to increase his production.

It increases the likelihood that he a) earns the contract and b) increases his trade value so we can c) get rid of him easier.

Komarov, in addition, keeps his value lower by being kept on the 3rd and 4th lines.

We need to keep him under a $4M cap hit when he re-signs with us, and having him play on the 3rd/4th lines will increase the chances of his camp agreeing to a low-ball offer. Though admittedly it increases the risk of him not wanting to re-sign...

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
LOL. Gunnarsson hasn't even played a game for st louis yet.
I was never a huge fan of the trade but wow, pump the brakes a bit on judging the trade

Polak is a mixed bag, but so is every player on the D core.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
In an ideal world, but Clarkson has a bigger cap hit, and he should be used on the 2nd line to increase his production.

It increases the likelihood that he a) earns the contract and b) increases his trade value so we can c) get rid of him easier.

Komarov, in addition, keeps his value lower by being kept on the 3rd and 4th lines.

We need to keep him under a $4M cap hit when he re-signs with us, and having him play on the 3rd/4th lines will increase the chances of his camp agreeing to a low-ball offer. Though admittedly it increases the risk of him not wanting to re-sign...

What? you do realize that he is paid very well already, more then his stats suggested and as well it is a 4year deal.

Hocks95*

Phaneuf and Franson together is a joke. i don't understand how or why Carlyle thinks that would be successful. Two big slow dmen that like to score. OOOKKAaaaaayyyyyyyiieee then.
Defense pairings idk what they should be but NOT that.
Phaneuf - Gunnarson...erm I mean Robidas
Rielly - Polak
Gardiner - Franson

This way the pylons on each pairings are equally distributed.
At this point Phaneuf Franson and Robidas are all pylons. Robidas might get back up to speed but he seems a bit slow right now. At least he does have defensive awareness though and it can work out for Phaneuf.

Tbh I'd much rather just have Gunnarson instead of Polak right now, and Phaneuf on the wrong side. Polak is gleason 2.0. When Gunnarson would come back in a month we would have a proper assessment on Percy and what to do with him. That trade looks worse and worse everyday and the fact that we choked up a pick and kept 200k of gunnarson's salary for a bottom pairing at best gritty dman just shows how incompetent of a gm nonis is.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
so we're back to trying to make Clarktard something more than a bottom line slug , well if it doesn't work against Buffalo it won't work ever

i'd much prefer a complete re do on all the lines

Bozak - Kessel - Levio

Kadri - Lupul - Komorov

Santa - JVR - Holland

Carrick - Clarkson - Panik

Hocks95*

so we're back to trying to make Clarktard something more than a bottom line slug , well if it doesn't work against Buffalo it won't work ever

i'd much prefer a complete re do on all the lines

Bozak - Kessel - Levio

Kadri - Lupul - Komorov

Santa - JVR - Holland

Carrick - Clarkson - Panik

are you honestly serious?

out of all options you want Kessel Lupul JVR and Clarkson as your centres? :help:

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
:amazed::amazed:

Huh? Play the bad players because they get paid more and play good players less so they don't get a raise??

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
are you honestly serious?

out of all options you want Kessel Lupul JVR and Clarkson as your centres? :help:

no i want Bozak-Kadri-Santa and Carrick as my centers , it shouldn't have been that hard to follow

jiggy35

Jun 26, 2012
Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Kadri - Komarov
Winnik - Santa - Clarkson
Panik - Holland - Ashton

Phaneuf - Rielly
Gardiner - Polak
Franson - Robidas

Bern
Reim

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Physicality, Defense, Clearing the net. He is also a very smart player.

Gunnar was soft, never cleared the net, and we needed someone willing to do the hard work.

Gunner and Polak are both #4 d-men who play different styles, and we needed Polak's style of play more than Gunnar's.

As much as I hate Franson, Phaneuf-Franson pairing has been our best possession pairing thus far when they are together. Robidas and Polak fit better with Rielly and Gardiner, and that leaves Franson to be on the top pair.

Hey, if it was me, I would have Percy up there with Phaneuf, and Franson would be scratched. Percy and Dion looked so good the few times they were together.

Gunnar soft......what a joke. There is nothing soft about Gunnar.....first to every puck he could get to, Battled all game long. Worked his tail off on one good leg. He was the best Defensive D man we had and would still be if he was here today.

I understand the trade....but do not confuse strength for softness..... Kessel he is the definition of softness. We needed more right shot D man as well as a banger who could play, and that is what we got....a bottom Pairing right shot D man who is strong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad