Line Combos

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
He is a long ways down the list of reasons why we lost against Philly. I'm sure people had a problem with Sid trolling too.

I had a problem with how most of the team responded to that series, yes. It was pretty pathetic. Reason we lost? No. Embarrassing? Definitely.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
talbot was the kind of guy who could pull it off. it was original at the time too. Letang seriously looked like a 3 year old throwing a tantrum a few times this year.

I don't really care about that stuff, I just want Letang to stop admiring his pass and keep his head up.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I had a problem with how most of the team responded to that series, yes. It was pretty pathetic. Reason we lost? No. Embarrassing? Definitely.

It didn't help that the coach got lost in the whole "let's run and gun too!" crap and completely lost focus on what made this team a winner to begin with. Going from a strong team in the regular season to playing like a joke in the playoffs is just...uncalled for. In a situation like that, that series I mean, everyone was at fault.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
It didn't help that the coach got lost in the whole "let's run and gun too!" crap and completely lost focus on what made this team a winner to begin with. Going from a strong team in the regular season to playing like a joke in the playoffs is just...uncalled for. In a situation like that, that series I mean, everyone was at fault.

absolutely. nobody gets out of that series without a share of the blame

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
absolutely. nobody gets out of that series without a share of the blame

The team quit in front of MAF in my opinion. I put the blame on goaltending on both MAF and Brent Johnson first and foremost. MAF stunk, and BJ stunk more than MAF giving us no option the team believed in. The skaters showed their frustrations to the world.

Crosby is starting to worry me though with his total lack of leadership and accountability. Pens went "total Philly" on them, acting like total jack *****. Funny how the team that has done that has never won a series? Pens weren't smart enough to realize they fell right into Philly's trap of the goonery.

I still can't seem to blame anyone other than goal tending until I see a known good goaltender perform as bad as MAF has. Our experiment starts this year. I will change my blame accordingly based on this year's experiment.

ObsessedCreative*

The team quit in front of MAF in my opinion. I put the blame on goaltending on both MAF and Brent Johnson first and foremost. MAF stunk, and BJ stunk more than MAF giving us no option the team believed in. The skaters showed their frustrations to the world.

Crosby is starting to worry me though with his total lack of leadership and accountability. Pens went "total Philly" on them, acting like total jack *****. Funny how the team that has done that has never won a series? Pens weren't smart enough to realize they fell right into Philly's trap of the goonery.

I still can't seem to blame anyone other than goal tending until I see a known good goaltender perform as bad as MAF has. Our experiment starts this year. I will change my blame accordingly based on this year's experiment.

Ummmm
8674a-wait_what.gif

WhoDaresWins

Nov 9, 2008
Pittsburgh
didn't he address this and admit it is something he needs to work on in the exit interviews last year?
Yes he did.

On what he needs to do this summer to take his game to the next level:

I think emotionally, I can be more in control at times. I think I have to be more mature every year. I think I can improve in every aspect of the game. Offensively, defensively. I think I made strides this year despite the injuries. There’s always room for improvement.

Candyman

Aug 17, 2012
Indiana
Maybe a bit random, but I would love to see a guy like David Legwand in Pittsburgh, he has a 4.5M hit and is signed through next season. Not sure if Nashville is even a viable trading partner but if we could get him for a reasonable price... I realize he's listed as Center as well, but I think he could play wing yet for Crosby... maybe something like (assuming Kennedy is part of the trade)

Legwand-Crosby-Dupuis
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Sutter-Jeffrey
Glass-Vitale-Tangardi/Adams

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
isn't he the first Nashville Predator ever? i bet he holds all kinds of major records for them. i doubt they give him up anytime soon.

Alesle

Jan 5, 2008
Oslo, Norway
i hope beau makes the team

Doubtful, as that would mean someone would have to be exposed to waivers. Unless you mean you hope he performs so well in camp that they have no choice but to keep him on the roster, in which case I agree with you, though I would be very surprised. Most likely he'll be sent down to WBS and be one of the first call-ups in the event of an injury.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Doubtful, as that would mean someone would have to be exposed to waivers. Unless you mean you hope he performs so well in camp that they have no choice but to keep him on the roster, in which case I agree with you, though I would be very surprised. Most likely he'll be sent down to WBS and be one of the first call-ups in the event of an injury.

Well, to be perfectly honest, I don't care about exposing guys like Strait, Bortozzo or Tangradi to waivers. If Beau outplays Tangradi for that spot on Malkin's line, so be it.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I want Despres, Tangradi and Bortuzzo on this team. See how everything shakes out. Then start looking at who's expendable for trade options.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I want Despres, Tangradi and Bortuzzo on this team. See how everything shakes out. Then start looking at who's expendable for trade options.

Yup and Jeffrey. That means Lovejoy or Strait has to go and likely both by the end of the year. I hope we trade or waive Lovejoy by Friday and keep Strait as number 8 for now. I still think the more likely scenario is Despres is sent down and we keep them all knowing that injuries will happen.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Orpik-Martin
Despres-Letang
Niskanen-Bortuzzo
Engelland

Letang gets minutes with different D partners. Despres getting 15+ mostly at ES. I like it. Niskanen becomes expendable for our top 6 winger.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Can't leave Engo off the ice for bort. Engo is proven. I want that guy on the ice. I give Martin some time to show us his new style and if it doesn't work, trade him. He does have worth to plenty of teams. Then I bring up our youngsters.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Orpik-Martin
Despres-Letang
Niskanen-Bortuzzo
Engelland

Letang gets minutes with different D partners. Despres getting 15+ mostly at ES. I like it. Niskanen becomes expendable for our top 6 winger.

In the offseason Nisky is expendable. I really don't want to trade him anytime sooner than that or really at all but that's just personal preference.

Draz

Jan 15, 2013
Finland
What do you guys think about Bennett? When does he play in the NHL lineup? this season or next? It seems that he is in the training camp in same line with Geno.. :)

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Can't leave Engo off the ice for bort. Engo is proven. I want that guy on the ice. I give Martin some time to show us his new style and if it doesn't work, trade him. He does have worth to plenty of teams. Then I bring up our youngsters.

I think Bortuzzo passes him on the depth chart.

As for Martin, don't see how we could afford to move him without replacing him. Unless he's a liability again, I keep him.

DB looks like he really wants Despres in the lineup. How he handles playing with Letang is gonna have a huge impact on what moves we make. Lot easier to deal Niskanen and give his role to a guy like Strait or Dumoulin. Or make a move for a vet.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
Orpik-Martin
Despres-Letang
Niskanen-Bortuzzo
Engelland

LOL. Yeah, let's take the ONLY physical player on this team off the ice. This is already the softest team in the division, maybe even the conference. Luckily it's a short season, cause this team probably wouldn't make it through 82 games.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
LOL. Yeah, let's take the ONLY physical player on this team off the ice. This is already the softest team in the division, maybe even the conference. Luckily it's a short season, cause this team probably wouldn't make it through 82 games.

Bortuzzo=soft. Got ya.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad