Line Combos

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
Can't leave Engo off the ice for bort. Engo is proven. I want that guy on the ice. I give Martin some time to show us his new style and if it doesn't work, trade him. He does have worth to plenty of teams. Then I bring up our youngsters.
That's one reason i'd rather see Despres go down for now and see Bortuzzo and Strait alternate in that 6-7 spot. I'm sure it won't be long before someone is hurt and we need to call him up.

888 98 twins

Got you back not your wallet
Feb 12, 2008
Burgh
What do you guys think it would take to snag Corey Perry if he's made available? Something similar to the Hossa trade?

TK, Tangradi, Pouliot + a pick? More?

If Bennett proves worthy of a spot, our forward group would be disgustingly deep if that trade went through:

Bennett-Crosby-Perry
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Sutter-Dupuis
Glass-Jeffrey-Vitale/Adams

We give up a lot of value, but looking at our roster and prospect pool we can afford it now more than we even could with the Hossa trade. What say yinz?

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
What do you guys think it would take to snag Corey Perry if he's made available? Something similar to the Hossa trade?

If Bennett proves worthy of a spot, our forward group would be disgustingly deep if that trade went through:

Bennett-Crosby-Perry
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Sutter-Dupuis

We give up a lot of value, but looking at our roster and prospect pool we can afford it now more than we even could with the Hossa trade. What say yinz?

IMO, it will take more than that to land Perry, even on April 3 as a pure rental.

Also, if we somehow re-sign (or sign on July 5) Perry, we likely won't be able to afford Cooke and Dupuis. Which is fine with me.

Now that we have a new (right-handed) third-line C, we can find players that cater to his game. Jeffrey would be a natural fit on his line, and we could plug the 3RW role with any number of UFA possibilities.

But I'd LOVE Corey Perry, there's no doubting that.

888 98 twins

Got you back not your wallet
Feb 12, 2008
Burgh
IMO, it will take more than that to land Perry, even on April 3 as a pure rental.

Also, if we somehow re-sign (or sign on July 5) Perry, we likely won't be able to afford Cooke and Dupuis. Which is fine with me.

Now that we have a new (right-handed) third-line C, we can find players that cater to his game. Jeffrey would be a natural fit on his line, and we could plug the 3RW role with any number of UFA possibilities.

But I'd LOVE Corey Perry, there's no doubting that.
Probably, considering Don Waddell isn't their General Manager.

Hottubber

Feb 9, 2010
I think that most people would agree that Parise and Perry are the 2 of the top ideal wingers for Crosby. I just love Perry's grit and ability to get under guys skin

ObsessedCreative*

Bennett-Crosby-Perry
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Sutter-Dupuis

I would do that deal in a split second, but that "package" will not get you Perry.

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
if the likes of TK, Tangradi, Martin, Jeffery and Strait are at the center of our proposal, you probably aren't going to get a stud winger in return. maybe in real life, but defiantly not on HFboards.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
That's one reason i'd rather see Despres go down for now and see Bortuzzo and Strait alternate in that 6-7 spot. I'm sure it won't be long before someone is hurt and we need to call him up.

Yeah.. it sort of has that Letang/Gogo vibe doesn't it? Letang/Gogo were more than ready but eligible to play down and it worked that way. I'm okay with Bort/Strait getting that spot on occasion as we have so many games so quickly. A night off here and there would be beautiful for this team.

theicebox

#MonixWatch
Jan 8, 2010
Pittsburgh
if the likes of TK, Tangradi, Martin, Jeffery and Strait are at the center of our proposal, you probably aren't going to get a stud winger in return. maybe in real life, but defiantly not on HFboards.

For Perry, what if we sold the defensive farm. (i.e. Pouliout + Morrow + Maatta)?

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
The more defensive prospects we deal to the same team, the lower their value becomes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad