Speculation: Line Combinations

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Tierney, and that's not much better. Which is a misstep by Dorion. I thought Stepan was such a great PK'er, but if he can't win a FO that is moot.

Also, don't want to see Tkachuk taking faceoffs either.

On the one draw he lost to Matthews on the PK , that resulted in a goal.. Stepan was on his strong side.. Tierney would not have been.. Tierney had the better game at the dot last night but that won't always be the case

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
So who gets waived to make room for the D lineup change and who gets waived to make room for the F lineup change.

Answer NO one yet ... not after 2 games.

We want to be able to slide guys in and out but we can't unless someone gets waived or someone is injured. They have an extra D and 2 extra forwards so likely won't be an injury callup

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Already said on PK it would Tierney. On the PP, not sure. That's on Dorion on getting a bevy of C's that can't win a FO.

I distinctly mentioned the special teams, so not sure what you are talking about.
Or it’s up to the young guys to develop and get better ? On one hand you want youth in key roles and on the other you want better vets to play in key roles

if you want to go out and get a good vet then be prepared to give up young assets

this year is about the best young guys making it . It’s up to the youth to lead us not stepan . He is a secondary place holder

If you want our defence to be more mobile then it’s up to Wolanin not to get caved in . He will get another chance to do that so let’s see

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
On the one draw he lost to Matthews on the PK , that resulted in a goal.. Stepan was on his strong side.. Tierney would not have been.. Tierney had the better game at the dot last night but that won't always be the case

Sure, but FOs are not Stepan's forte. If we rely on Stepan winning faceoffs on the PK, and Tkachuk winning facoffs on PP, then we'll have a bad time. I would even give White a chance on the PK FO. Gotta find someone who can win and fast.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Sure, but FOs are not Stepan's forte. If we rely on Stepan winning faceoffs on the PK, and Tkachuk winning facoffs on PP, then we'll have a bad time. I would even give White a chance on the PK FO. Gotta find someone who can win and fast.

They'll need to devote some practice time for sure.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Or it’s up to the young guys to develop and get better ? On one hand you want youth in key roles and on the other you want better vets to play in key roles

if you want to go out and get a good vet then be prepared to give up young assets

this year is about the best young guys making it . It’s up to the youth to lead us not stepan . He is a secondary place holder

Not me. I was for getting the youth in this year in key situations. It was Dorion and management who got these veterans and that's what we have now. If we had White/Norris/L.Brown playing in key roles, and losing important faceoffs, you would not hear a peep out of me. But the management made a decision this year to bring in vets to improve things. Well, it won't improve things if the vets can't win a FO.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Not me. I was for getting the youth in this year in key situations. It was Dorion and management who got these veterans and that's what we have now. If we had White/Norris/L.Brown playing in key roles, and losing important faceoffs, you would not hear a peep out of me. But the management made a decision this year to bring in vets to improve things. Well, it won't improve things if the vets can't win a FO.
I rather have vets getting the blame on games like last night than the youth

it’s better for development. White is already getting fed by fans of this team

also all those guys you listed played last night except LBrown

Also stepan was good on the dot the first game.

The point remains though if the youth don’t play well game in game out we aren’t going anywhere. If batherson Norris Brady stutzle Chabot Wolanin play like top 6 forwards and top 4 defensmen almost every game then we will go far. Till then we aren’t

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I rather have vets getting the blame on games like last night than the youth

it’s better for development. White is already getting fed by fans of this team

also all those guys you listed played last night except LBrown

If the youth was playing they would not get "fed" or blamed. Again, you should read what I wrote. Yeah some of the youth played, but I was specifically talking about key roles like FOs. Give Norris or White a chance on the dot. I'm pretty sure they can at least go as bad as 1/8 like Stepan did last night.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Spezza went 10/10 on the dot and is waived this am

We need faceoff help.. We need to waive someone to pick him up.

I wanted us to try and sign Spezza a while back, he would be a perfect fit on the 4th line for this team. At this point I would rather have him over Anisimov and Pacquette.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Don’t think he plays anywhere but Toronto

he did t want to come here

Idk if that's entirely true.

He wanted to play for his hometown team that had aspirations of competing for the cup more than he wanted to come back here and be a mentor on a rebuilding team, sure, but if it's not working out in TO are we a landing spot he could live with and be happy? I'd like to think so.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Star players don't come back to play grunt roles in the bottom six on their former teams very often do they?

There will be a group of Ottawa fans and journalists who will want him on the PP and in the top six as soon as there is any sign of trouble.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Star players don't come back to play grunt roles in the bottom six on their former teams very often do they?

There will be a group of Ottawa fans and journalists who will want him on the PP and in the top six as soon as there is any sign of trouble.

Idk if he's the answer for us right now, but it would be great to see him join the org post playing career if he's interested. I think he's a guy that has a lot to give, he lives and breaths hockey and is a student of the game.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Tkachuk- White- Dadonov
Stutzle- Stepan- Batherson
Paul - Tierney- C.Brown
Paquette- Norris- Watson

Chabot - Gudbranson
Coburn- Zaitsev
Wolanin - Zub

Murray
Hogberg

Next game I want to see against Jets