Confirmed with Link: Lindy to Canucks for F Kuzmenko, D Hunter Brzustewicz, D Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st, Cond. 2024 4th

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
People talk about Lindholm like he's not still on pace for 50+ points. He's not scoring, but he is still producing and still playing excellent away from the puck.

helloconga

Oct 12, 2023
Florida
absolute fleeced by the flames. i haven’t seen a robbery this bad in a while. good luck to lindholm i hope he does well but flames got back crazy good prospects and draft picks…

Reactions: joescores

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Wtf? Im surprised Conroy got this much out of Lindholm..

Very solid prospects and draft picks, and a 27 year old who scored 39 goals and 74 points last year. I can't see how anyone can complain about the return given lindholms play this year.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Holy forking shirt balls that's a haul. No retention either? Wow.

eww. I will not cheer against them, I guess.
Think about it this way, that 1st is prob gonna be 22-28, if its gonna be thay low alr might as well make it a 3rd right. Also if they make it to the west finals u know they mustve smacked the scrubs up north along the way as well. We can cheer against the nucks in the west finals lol

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

You should still cheer against them. That 4th only becomes a 3rd because them reaching the West Finals makes the 1st rounder 29-32... where if they are eliminated in round 1 or 2, the pick is no worse than 28th, the difference between a 3rd and a 4th will be less than the difference between 29 and 25.

Reactions: DFF and Iggys Dome

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
You should still cheer against them. That 4th only becomes a 3rd because them reaching the West Finals makes the 1st rounder 29-32... where if they are eliminated in round 1 or 2, the pick is no worse than 28th, the difference between a 3rd and a 4th will be less than the difference between 29 and 25.
Depends if they play Edmonton. Don't care about draft position at that point.

Reactions: Fig and Iggys Dome

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I like this trade. I really hated it when it seemed like Kuzmenko was the central piece given the season he's had, but I had thought all along that Lindholm is best in slot in terms of guys available and that 1st + good prospect would need to be the basis of any deal.

And I don't hate Kuzmenko, really. Seems like someone who could have a resurgence and turn this deal from fair to crookery.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Depends if they play Edmonton. Don't care about draft position at that point.
Best thing would be Vegas taking the division, Edmonton passing Vancouver. Then have the Canucks beat the Oilers in round 1, and lose in round 2. That would push the 1st to no worse than 27 and that assumes all 4 division winners make the final 4.

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Really loving Conroy’s philosophy he is taking to retooling this team. Flipping our upcoming UFAs for players who have shown top notch ability in this league but whose value are low due to extenuating circumstances. Sharangovich’s role got turned upside down after a bunch of player movement on NJ after walking into the league pacing for 20+ goals both seasons. Kuzmenko entered the league potting 39 goals and 74 points, but didn’t fit under his new coach. People can point to his lofty shooting percentage but he also had pretty low shot volumes as he adjusted to the league and NA ice. The fact we are also adding multiple assets to players who can hopefully bounce back and match production values is some deft manouvering. We could come out of this adding a 1st, 3rd, conditional 4th, the CHLs leading scorer amongst defenseman, and an additional prospect while receiving equivalent production (even if they lack in additional areas the other players provided).

I imagine Calgary will give him a very solid top 6 role and put him in the best position to succeed to maximize his value. If Calgary’s retooling efforts pay off and the team has a bounce back we get free assets. If not hopefully he can be flipped at next trade deadline for another 1st+.

As an aside, Calgary’s lines become pretty hard to predict after the trade. Simplest solution is to shift Sharangovich to centre and roll similar lines but with Huberdeau-Sharangovich-Kuzmenko, but that may be the worst line defensively in the entire league. If Zary is ready to make the jump to centre it could alleviate a bunch of problems but that’s also a big ask. With Pelletier almost back the top 9 could look something like:

Mangiapane-Backlund-Coleman
Pelletier-Kadri-Pospisil
Huberdeau-Zary-Kuzmenko

With the Zary line getting insanely sheltered offensive minutes. Ruzicka picked the wrong first half of a season to be useless, his opportunity has finally shown up.

Reactions: Fig and Boomstick

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010

Huberdeau doesn't work well with slow players. Maybe something like

Kuzmenko-Kadri-Coleman
Huberdeau-Zary-Pospisil
Mangiapane-Backlund-Coronato

Only need Huska to break up that Backlund line which is probably a bridge too far

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
absolute fleeced by the flames. i haven’t seen a robbery this bad in a while. good luck to lindholm i hope he does well but flames got back crazy good prospects and draft picks…

LOL no they didn't.

It is always crazy to see the silly overeactions to deals like this. They got two maybe prospects that are more likely never to play in the NHL than be key players. Nothing wrong with that but far from crazy good prospects.

And Kuzmenkp sucks, so LOL to the guy comparing his fluke season last year to the consistency of Lindholm. It was a fair deal filling the needs for both sides, neither team ripped off the other, neither got fleeced.

Huberdeau doesn't work well with slow players. Maybe something like

Kuzmenko-Kadri-Coleman
Huberdeau-Zary-Pospisil
Mangiapane-Backlund-Coronato

Only need Huska to break up that Backlund line which is probably a bridge too far

Yuck don't like those comments unless it is because they want to artificially pump up his value but I doubt GMs will fall for that. Pretty clear GMs see that Kuzmenko is a dud and why he had no value in a deal.

My concern is this management think they can go with Hubredeau-Sharangovich-Kuzmenko and Zary-Kadri-Popsil and compete for the 8th spot in the play-offs now and going forward. That is a terrible group of forwards.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Kuz going the other way negates the need to retain. Retention is meaningless when it's sending out a UFA to be vs a player with term.
First domino has fallen. Now wait for Tanev and Hanifin.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Kuz going the other way negates the need to retain. Retention is meaningless when it's sending out a UFA to be vs a player with term.
First domino has fallen. Now wait for Tanev and Hanifin.
With Tanev's name popping up during the wait for the trade announcement today, we might not need to wait long, I think.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Someone said that Friedman said that Brz wouldnt sign with Vancouver but I can’t find where it came from

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
@Yepthatsme @Some Other Flame

Did y'all forget Rango exists?
In my second lineup I definitely did. Never post only half paying attention people. An updated ‘Zary at centre’ healthy lineup could look something like:

Pelletier-Kadri-Sharangovich
Mangiapane-Backlund-Coleman
Huberdeau-Zary-Kuzmenko
Greer-Schwindt-Pospisil

With the Zary line still getting extremely sheltered purely offensive usage. Honestly I kindve like the makeup of that lineup. One purely offensive line, one extremely good matchup line, and one two way line. Would love to see a similar deal to what Conroy has shown with Tanev with a D-man coming back. Ditch Vladar in the offseason and that could be a pretty successful retool with a restocked pipeline.

Also our defensive prospect pool took a massive step today which is great to see as it was a weakness. All of a sudden having some high risk/high reward names like Poirier, Morin, and Brzustewicz as well as some safer names after them isn’t a bad state.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Someone said that Friedman said that Brz wouldnt sign with Vancouver but I can’t find where it came from
He mentioned it on the fan, says he doesnt believe that extends to Calgary but cant confirm. I wonder if the reason was with Hughes and Co in Vancouver that he didnt see a chance of making the team anytime soon.

Reactions: Fig

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad