Lindtzky vs McMieux

Who is better combo?

• Total voters

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
If you cross Eric Lindros with Wayne Gretzky (Lindtzky) and Connor McDavid with Mario Lemieux (McMieux), which combination would be the better player?

Lindros-jpeg--Gretzky-jpeg.jpeg

vs

Lemieux-jpeg--Mcdavid-jpeg.jpeg

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
As much as I want some form of McDavid to win every poll in existence, I had to vote Lindtsky.

McDavid & Lemieux mashup would be slightly redundant

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
I've always liked Lemieux more than Gretzky. But a Gretzky that can beat the shit out of people is just too much.

Gretzky would now have two offices; one behind the net, and another in front of the net.

Last edited:

authentic

Jan 28, 2015

Lmao.

Gretzky and Lindros would have the advantage of being the best hitter who also never gets hit, so that alone probably propels them to being the best hybrid of all time. Then Lindros adds all the strength Gretzky lacked and adds more power to his already deadly accurate shot.

McDavid plus Lemieux you get the best powerplay player ever and then the dominant even strength beast in McDavid (though to be fair per game Lemieux is probably still better there anyway), and someone with Lemieux's size and skill and McDavid's speed would be arguably better than the Gretzky Lindros hybrid.

No wrong answer here but I can see why Lindros and Gretzky would be popular choice.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
My first fear was that the NHL cancelled the playoffs as this is the kind of poll I expect in the dog days of summer.

The real question is what would happen if one crossed any poster with mullet man to make a new poster.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Lindtzky would probably be better since Lindros complements Gretzky more than McDavid does Lemieux, and Gretzky was already the best player among the four. Lemieux with a speed and agility boost from McDavid would be nothing to sneeze at though.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
My first fear was that the NHL cancelled the playoffs as this is the kind of poll I expect in the dog days of summer.

The real question is what would happen if one crossed any poster with mullet man to make a new poster.

Illpucks + Muelletman? Oh yeah sign me up

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
I'm a cross between Michael Phelps and Phil Kessel. I'm unfit and don't know anything about playing hockey.

shaner82

Apr 18, 2017
I think Gretzky is getting more from Lindros than Lemieux is getting from McDavid. I am not saying Lindros is better than McDavid, but McDavid perhaps increases Mario’s speed a bit, but not much else, while Lindros really adds a few attributes to Gretzky that he was lacking.

Agreed fully. Other than speed, there's nothing McDavid does better than Lemieux did. So I don't feel like there's a massive upgrade there. But add Lindros's size and strength to Gretzky and that dude would literally be unstoppable.

Tweed

Jun 25, 2006
It's not specified if McMieux has Mario's speed and McDavid's size, for instance.

I lol'd.

Assuming we're taking the worst attributes of both players for these mashups... what do you get when you cross a guy who had never been hit before... with a guy who got knocked out whenever he got hit?
A: Lindtzky

Reactions: Nathaniel Skywalker

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I've always liked Lemieux more than Gretzky. But a Gretzky that can beat the shit out of people is just too much.

Gretzky would now have two offices; one behind the net, and another in front of the net.

See - I'm thinking like you, but with a different conclusion.

It's true that Lindros adds more to Gretzky. That raw power, etc. But - it's like you say, Gretzky's office is now in the back of the net....do you really want him to give that up to be in front instead? He can't be two places at once. As impressive as that player would be - I feel as though the skillsets don't really compliment each other that much.

If you give Mario the speed of McDavid - that's a net positive though. Everything Mario can do - he'd be able to simply do it even faster. Why I picked Mario + McDavid

Reactions: Tweed

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Mario was big and strong enough to drag the defenders (quite literally) along with the puck and finish the plays.

He had more than sufficient speed to accomplish his goal.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Mario was big and strong enough to drag the defenders (quite literally) along with the puck and finish the plays.

He had more than sufficient speed to accomplish his goal.

Plus with Lemieux's speed, size and reach he could pretty much go from point A to point B as quick as anyone at the time with the puck on his stick, that is before his health took a toll on him. Look no further than his North Stars goal as an example, picks the puck up at the top of the circle in his own zone at 7 seconds in, and 4 seconds later he's deked out the defender in the other end and closing in for the goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad