Lindtzky vs McMieux

Who is better combo?

• Total voters

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I lol'd.

Assuming we're taking the worst attributes of both players for these mashups... what do you get when you cross a guy who had never been hit before... with a guy who got knocked out whenever he got hit?
A: Lindtzky

Gretzky’s size playing with his head down. Sounds great.

See - I'm thinking like you, but with a different conclusion.

It's true that Lindros adds more to Gretzky. That raw power, etc. But - it's like you say, Gretzky's office is now in the back of the net....do you really want him to give that up to be in front instead? He can't be two places at once. As impressive as that player would be - I feel as though the skillsets don't really compliment each other that much.

If you give Mario the speed of McDavid - that's a net positive though. Everything Mario can do - he'd be able to simply do it even faster. Why I picked Mario + McDavid

Gretzky with Lindros size and strength setting up behind the net would be insane though, nobody could ever get him out of there. If they tried he’d either make a ridiculous pass like he already did or just power through them and drive to the front of the net. He’d certainly also take advantage of the extra space he could create with his body, including things like destroying guys in reverse hits.

Either way there’s no wrong answer here as both would be absolute monsters.

Last edited:

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
If you give Mario the speed of McDavid - that's a net positive though. Everything Mario can do - he'd be able to simply do it even faster. Why I picked Mario + McDavid

I was struggling with this too, especially being more of a Lemieux fan. Lemieux would be deadly flying around at McDavid speed. On the other side, Gretzky was such a genius at maximizing his physical gifts of vision, agility, accuracy, and endurance that it scares me to think what he and his dad would have accomplished if he still had all of that with the physical size and power of Lindros (remember if we get the best of both worlds, this version isn't skating with his head down, instead he's looking at reflections in the glass to see where teammates and opponents are going to be). Maybe with Lindros' frame, the Suter hit doesn't do permanent damage? And he has an even better back half of his career going into the dead puck era. Lots of what if's.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
This might not actually make them any better.

If you take Gretzky and make him bigger and stronger, he probably loses some of his stamina and elusiveness - which were key attributes.

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
This might not actually make them any better.

If you take Gretzky and make him bigger and stronger, he probably loses some of his stamina and elusiveness - which were key attributes.

You are suppose to be combining their best attributes.

If we hold your analogy then McDavid smokes like a chimney (like Mario) and his stamina is decereased as he can't play at top speed due to reduced lung capacity.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Mcmieux hands down.

Lemieux is already a Lindsky, then you add on generational speed? Get outta here.

Mario was never as strong or physical as Lindros.
And he was a notch below Wayne on all the things that made Gretzky so great - except goal scoring.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Mario was never as strong or physical as Lindros.
And he was a notch below Wayne on all the things that made Gretzky so great - except goal scoring.

Lol, he dragged defenders anywhere hed go.

Also the only thing Gretzky has on Lemieux is on ice vision, and hes easily 2nd all time on that.

Steve

Mar 6, 2002
Give me the monster who can physically domain are combined with the best scorer of all time. If lindens could keep his head up hfboards would look at him very differently.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
You go with Gretzky every time.

It's fashionable to play devil's advocate with Wayne because a consensus GOAT is boring, but it is what it is. He broke the sport.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad