Rumor: Linden " wheels in motion " jersey change?

Mofletz

Aug 28, 2006
vancouver_uni_02.jpg

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Seeing some of these "Johnny Canuck" concepts makes me hate the idea even more. The same sort of tacky cartoony junk that Sens fans have been lobbying to get rid of for years.

BobbyJazzLegs

Sorry 4 Acting Werd
Oct 15, 2013
The black skate jersey's are tight.

Is the blue skate jersey I'm seeing on google legit or just a concept? I like it.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Johnny Canuck is horrible. No idea why they like it so much.

Worst by far is the Orca. One of the most embarrassing logos ever.

Stick Rink is boring.

I've said this many times before... They need a logo that looks good on its own on a hat or tshirt.

An example
62wash_display_image.jpg

ny_yankees.jpg

There's nothing elaborate about those logos. They're simple and effective.

I think we agree and disagree. I like the stink in rink because it's a simple classic look. If the team had never changed the stick in rink and had won cups in them , I really think people would see the stick in rink as a classic logo.

I think it looks awesome on a hat or toque .

http://www.nhlshop.com/images/canucks/kids.jpg

bowld

Jun 20, 2007
I vote for the 90's Black, yellow and red. Bring back the set we wore in the 94 cup and Ill be happy

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Of the choices I pick bring back old set. If nothing else, get rid of the "Vancouver" on the chest and would love to get rid of the whale as well. I don't mind the color system but the logo and design is one of the ugliest in the league. Would love the stick in rink jersey as primary.

Last edited:

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
Went with new jerseys because I really don't like the 'VANCOUVER' on them and the Orca remains a stupid corporate gimmick for a company that no longer owns the team. Colour scheme is good, but the striping could also be improved quite a bit.

TheBleedingEdge

Feb 13, 2012
Stick in Rink - Johnny Canuck shoulder one side, BC flag on the other.
Alt Jersey being full Johnny Canuck centered

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Interesting indeed:

Matthew Sekeres @mattsekeres
Linden says team has looked at Johnny Canuck jerseys with Johnny as the primary logo. #Canucks

Oh, no.

The Johnny Canuck logo is freaking terrible. An awful dated cartoon. Logos should be clean and catchy, and drawings of people pretty much always suck.

I don't know why it's so hard for them to figure out that they should go with the classic stick-in-rink is the primary jersey and then the classic 1994-era jersey as the 3rd/retro uniform.

duplo

prince kasspian
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver
The current third's are my favorite Canucks jerseys ever. Extremely clean, iconic without looking dated. The easiest fix would just to make them the main jerseys and update the away jersey to mirror it.

I feel like the organization recognizes it too, it's why they've been completely apprehensive of designing new thirds. If they made the switch, they can then go to town with a '94 sweater, Johnny Canuck logo on green, whatever.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
I don't even think the Capitals can keep up with all these jersey changes. What are the Canucks doing?

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
I don't even think the Capitals can keep up with all these jersey changes. What are the Canucks doing?

Teams change jerseys all the time. It's not like we're the only ones who do it. It's just that ours have always been very drastic. Since 1990, we don't even have the most changes. We've had 3 different sets since 1990. Dallas has had 4, St. Louis has had 4, Pittsburgh has had 4, L.A. has had 4....like I said, we don't change them any more than anyone else, it's just our changes have been much more dramatic.

TheCrazedMadman

Aug 31, 2010
Getting rid of the "Vancouver" from the Jerseys is the only change I can handle, seriously, our jerseys are great, we have an identity now......I think I would puke if the Johnny Canuck actually gets approved, even as a third jersey....

topheavyhookjaw

Sep 7, 2008
Would love to see us do a Vintage night with the Stick 'n Rink. It's been way too long, and that jersey has not been given respect by the franchise in eons. (Chris Zimmerman in particular loved to crap all over it). If there's a guy who will respect it, it'd be Linden.

If we're doing something "new" as a 3rd jersey, I love this idea.

Brian-VAN.png

Like the green and the Johnny Canuck, along with the vintage "V" on the forearms.

I personally hope they leave the main jersey alone. Build some continuity.

This is gross.

I'm a millennial and I think those are probably the ugliest jerseys I have seen. They're a bumper sticker with no creativity, I understand to some of you it has a nostalgic look, but doesn't discount how terrible they are

Good for you.

Better than the other Johnny Canuck but still no. No. No.

Oh, no.

The Johnny Canuck logo is freaking terrible. An awful dated cartoon. Logos should be clean and catchy, and drawings of people pretty much always suck.

I don't know why it's so hard for them to figure out that they should go with the classic stick-in-rink is the primary jersey and then the classic 1994-era jersey as the 3rd/retro uniform.

I like the Johnny Canuck as finge logo, the way that many baseball teams have character (or racist charicatures) as an alt logo that ends up on promo products etc, but never on the jersey beyond as a shoulder patch. Should remain as it is.

Agree with the last. Although I have to admit, aesthetically I like the Orca logo, just hate the Orca Bay connection it had.

Would love a green third with the Orca logo or Stick in Rink. Use the Skate as well for that type of thing.

BeardedCanuck

Oct 13, 2012
I don't understand the Johnny Canuck logo love around here, all of the concept jerseys with it look like ECHL jerseys IMO. Go with the stick in rink for the main and millionaires for the 3rd.

Ziostilon

Feb 14, 2009
The team was named after Johnny Canuck was it not?

I'll always bring up the example of Florida Panthers and their palm tree secondary logo.
There's a reason it's not the primary logo. They're called the Panthers.

Canuck equates to canadian. Not just solely Vancouver. I don't think i can find Orca Whales in Saskatoon.

I think we can take notes from the Rochester Americans logo. A simple badge with the lettering Americans over it.
They didn't have to stick Captain America's face on there

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad