Rumor: Linden " wheels in motion " jersey change?

bottomlesspop

Nov 14, 2008
Vancouver
"What do you think Nazzy?"

1063974.jpg

these are and have always been perfect

Bro Horvat

2011 Truther
Mar 20, 2013
Vancouver
yeah I'd just like to see the Orca gone with Stick in Rink being the primary home. Reverse it out into a white version as the away.

Domecile

Opinion != Fact
Jul 9, 2014
Delta
Bring back the flying V!

Or the skate and puck, either are good!

Team isn't even owned by Orca bay anymore.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Personal hope... White and blue ( current stick in rink) as primary. Johnny Canuck as third

Ditto. Love the simplicity of the stick-in-rink, looks slick IMO.

Really hate our currents because of the big "VANCOUVER", especially on players who have captaincy letters.

sedin.jpg

>>>>

1033.Henrik-Sedin-Steve-BoschPNG1-e1310941049597.jpg

Of course, I wouldn't complain if they brought back the black skate/lucky penny jerseys :D

Gormo

Holupchi
Nov 12, 2010
Interesting indeed:

Matthew Sekeres @mattsekeres
Linden says team has looked at Johnny Canuck jerseys with Johnny as the primary logo. #Canucks

:badidea:

Linden seriously needs to think this one out. He is a WW2 era comic book character.

Everyone outside BC will not see Johnny Canuck. They will see a completely foreign cartoon character, wearing a touque, and who thinks he can run with skates on. :huh:

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
The current stick/rink third jerseys capture the same essence without looking quite so '70s. I'd prefer them.

The thing I don't like about the new version is that it doesn't look like a stick in the rink due to the blue background. If you just swap the blue and white for the rink part I would be happy with that.

E D

Winger Super Squad
Feb 13, 2012
Canadia
Agreeing with the majority here that stick in rink is best, but if it's just a tweak, get rid of Vancouver on jerseys

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
Johnny Canuck looks so minor league, please don't make him a primary logo on even a 3rd jersey. Let's also just stick with what we have, or go to the stick in the rink. Stick with an identity, don't keep switching it up every decade...

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
This is a deal breaker for me. Linden had better not make it worse and go with some ridiculous Johnny Canuck concept.

On the other hand the alternate stick in rink jerseys are my favorite ones we have ever had

YouppiKiYay

Jul 3, 2011
Bellingham, WA
I like the current primary jerseys as a mash up that pays homage to most of Canucks history -- the Vancouver tag for the pre-NHL sweaters, the original blue and green color scheme and the Orca logo. I would just leave them as they are.

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Johnny Canuck is horrible. No idea why they like it so much.

Worst by far is the Orca. One of the most embarrassing logos ever.

Stick Rink is boring.

I've said this many times before... They need a logo that looks good on its own on a hat or tshirt.

An example
62wash_display_image.jpg

ny_yankees.jpg

There's nothing elaborate about those logos. They're simple and effective.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Would love to see the alternate stick-in-rink become the standard jersey. (even though I like the orca logo, the stick-in-rink logo is best.)

Hell, even just switching the orca to the Millionaires V (with Vancouver in it) would look cool

Edit: Aw hell naw. Am I the only one that doesn't like the Johnny Canuck logo?

Yeah. I don't mind the Orca, but the Stick in Rink alternate look becoming the "standard jersey" would be fine with me.

You're also not the only one who dislikes the Johnny Canucks logo. I hate it. Ugly and tacky.

I'd be head over heels excited if they brought back the ugly old skate jerseys from the 90s as the "alternate", though it would be a bit of a nuisance from a logistics perspective i guess, having to deal with a whole different set of equipment for the alternate jerseys, helmets, gloves, pants, goal equipment+masks, etc. Maybe a better fit as a replacement for the ugly Millionaires "retro" look.

topheavyhookjaw

Sep 7, 2008
Johnny Canuck logo is perfect for the way it is used now, and should not be made a more prominent part of the jerseys/branding. Either add the stick n rink full time, or keep things the same-ish (don't mind subtle change i.e. removing the word mark). Then give us a retro night with the plate o' spaghetti. Not rocket science.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Would love to see us do a Vintage night with the Stick 'n Rink. It's been way too long, and that jersey has not been given respect by the franchise in eons. (Chris Zimmerman in particular loved to crap all over it). If there's a guy who will respect it, it'd be Linden.

If we're doing something "new" as a 3rd jersey, I love this idea.

Brian-VAN.png

Like the green and the Johnny Canuck, along with the vintage "V" on the forearms.

I personally hope they leave the main jersey alone. Build some continuity.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
these are and have always been perfect

I'm a millennial and I think those are probably the ugliest jerseys I have seen. They're a bumper sticker with no creativity, I understand to some of you it has a nostalgic look, but doesn't discount how terrible they are

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad