Linden "Playoff Performer?" Vey - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
i just hope he's invisible and doesn't cost the team any goals

if we're talking about vey extensively in the game 4 post-game thread then something likely went wrong

Foundational Player

Benning the Incompetent
Mar 27, 2008
BC
If I am not mistaken this is his longest stretch this season without being in the lineup. He's gotta be pretty pumped up, at the very least he's got something to prove.

Its all in the name anyway right? :sarcasm:

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
He had a good game. Didn't get pushed off the puck like he's a teenager, but we did play calgary and not Anaheim so who know

Horrorshow

Jun 1, 2009
Might've played his best game as a Canuck last night.

Sad how meaningless that sentence is.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
Yeah, this guy was supposed to get killed playing playoff hockey. Instead, he looked like he elevated his play and his skillevel allowed him to make plays with the puck in traffic - something many others have struggled with.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Yeah, this guy was supposed to get killed playing playoff hockey. Instead, he looked like he elevated his play and his skillevel allowed him to make plays with the puck in traffic - something many others have struggled with.

Unless this guy is lights-out at training camp next year, he'll be anchoring the top line in Utica when it's over....if we don't lose him to waivers first.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010

He looked good. He actually handled the puck keeping control of it. He did well but did not finish a play. However that was better than almost every other forward. Puck control other than the Sedins has been horrible this series. Everyone shooting from impossible angles quickly rather than cycle and make a pass to the open guy out front. Like Kenins goal for example. Linden Vey played well. He is not a pk master like Richardson and he is super soft but he actually handles the puck and likely is a better 5 on 5 player vs Calgary than Richardson. Just like Bieksa vs Corrado or even Clendening. First be able to handle the puck move from there. There is hope for Linden Vey of course he needs to be with other players who can keep the puck as he working a cycle for 15 seconds to pass the puck to Dorsett to immediately shove the puck at the net does not do much. He could play with Kassian with this style and actually wear out the opposition. He needs to play with another puck control player not McMillian or Dorsett but Kassian or Sven B..

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I thought he played decently last night.

Yeah. Surprisingly decent showing for Vey last night. Actually managed to carry the puck up ice through the neutral zone and gain entry a few times...which a lot of our forwards were having big trouble with. Had some jump.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Vey had a decent game 4. I hope he gets back in over Baerstchi, who isn't ready at all to play in Calgary, IMO. Need a RW anyway so Kenins can switch back to his regular side.

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata
Higgins - Bonino - Vey
Kenins - Horvat - Hansen
Matthias - Richardson - Dorsett

Vrbata has been invisible and I've never liked Hansen with the Sedins so I think it's time to bump Vrby up.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
never knew vey was a high scoring champion in the dub. 100 something pts in his junior year. pretty good speed. and shot. chemistry with emerson etem as well. hoepfully he gets a game in the playoffs.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
never knew vey was a high scoring champion in the dub. 100 something pts in his junior year. pretty good speed. and shot. chemistry with emerson etem as well. hoepfully he gets a game in the playoffs.

He uh...did. :laugh:

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
I honestly don't know where this Baertschi isn't ready crap is coming from. His line was on the attack most of the night and he was on the ice for a goal for.

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
I honestly don't know where this Baertschi isn't ready crap is coming from. His line was on the attack most of the night and he was on the ice for a goal for.

No kidding. I thought Baerts had a pretty strong game. He was more noticeable that Bonino or Vrbata (up until Bonino scored)

As for Vey, well like I've been saying for a while now: at least he isnt a defensive liability anymore.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary

Was actually the highest scoring player in the entire CHL.

IMO the thing that makes Vey still a viable piece is the fact he's never stepped into any league and excelled. Instead, he seems to take some time to adapt, then figures out what he needs to do and becomes an impact player. That's obviously going to be much tougher to do at the NHL level, but this isn't a guy you write off unless he shows a full season of stalled development next year.

He might be nothing more than a 13th forward coming into camp, but you still bring him back to see if he can take a step forward. The team needs all the skill they can get their hands on at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad