Linden gets Larscheid on TEAM 1040 (Mod Warning: Post#23)

John Bender*

Oh, come on. That was Gillis' best moment. Moj is an idiot, and I guarantee MG was candid about his eating habits in the Press Box.

Honestly, could see Moj al la George Costanza at the Tennis Match attacking the ice cream sundae.

But it nice to Tommy back, I never have been his biggest fan, but I enjoy his enthusiasm for the Canucks, only my mother shows their passion for the Canucks as loudly as Tommy. That being said I always have to knock him for not even being able to probably even skate, guy is a football player, CFL was always his game.

The interview with the Moj was a good example of just how big an ******* Mike Gillis was. People tolerated his arrogance during most of his reign, as the team was a winning team. As soon as things turned to ****, he was booted out the door in a flash. I bet the only person upset that he was fired is his wife, who now has to spend so much more time with the guy.

Tom Larscheid is a passionate guy. People here criticizing him and talking about him being embarrassing are off the wall. Do people really enjoy Dave Tomlinson? The guy is as dull as they come. Larscheid was one of those you could count on to give a voice to the fans. When the team was playing like trash, he was not afraid to express his disgust. When things were going well, he was as big a supporter as anyone.

For those criticizing him for being a homer, well of course he is a homer. Most all local broadcast team's color guys are homers. How could they not be? They cover these guys every day they are on the job, they travel with the team, stay in the same hotels, interview them daily.......to suggest they don't have a personal bias for them would be absurd. I don't want blind passion, but I want to listen to a guy who is a fan of the team.

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
That was very tawdry and it was also the moment I started disliking Gillis.
Well, in many ways Moj probably had that coming. He wasn't a hockey reporter and hockey isn't near his area of expertise too, so if he's chowing down in the media bar at GM Place when he's not actually covering anything, that kind of behaviour is kind of jerkish.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Well, in many ways Moj probably had that coming. He wasn't a hockey reporter and hockey isn't near his area of expertise too, so if he's chowing down in the media bar at GM Place when he's not actually covering anything, that kind of behaviour is kind of jerkish.

I'm not a Moj fan. That's all I'll say.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
This really sucks Larschied is terrible and nothing more an overly emotional glorified water boy. I'm not looking forward to this era of the Canucks.

JA

Is he returning to the booth? I don't see anything confirming this.

I wouldn't mind it at all, actually. I don't think he should have been forced out.

Alan Jackson

Nov 3, 2005
Langley, BC
Is he returning to the booth? I don't see anything confirming this.

I wouldn't mind it at all, actually. I don't think he should have been forced out.

There's nothing. Somebody bumped a 4 month old thread for some reason.

Funny to see the reactionary garbage people come up with, though.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
The interview with the Moj was a good example of just how big an ******* Mike Gillis was. People tolerated his arrogance during most of his reign, as the team was a winning team. As soon as things turned to ****, he was booted out the door in a flash. I bet the only person upset that he was fired is his wife, who now has to spend so much more time with the guy.

Gillis was obviously trying to crack a joke. Had Gillis made more attempts at humor he would likely have a better reputation. It's not like Burke and Nonis didn't have their share of tense conversations with the media. Moj was a football guy. Had that come from Wally Buono Moj may have taken things differently.

I think the whole Gillis is arrogant thing is overblown. Our team was successful, some of us were obnoxious, Gillis rarely gave anything to the media, and so the rumors spread that Gillis was arrogant and hard to deal with. But Gillis along with Aquilini did a great job of bringing back a sense of Canucks community by honouring Canucks alumni. Linden, Naslund, and Bure's jersies were retired under Gillis' administration not to mention the Ring of Honour. Heck even Cloutier was brought back to be a goalie consultant.

For all the arrogant talk, Gillis knew how to treat his players. Players seem to have trusted him. Look at how he dealt with the Rypien situation (RIP). We knew nothing. All we know was that Rypien was granted personal leaves and that was it. He wasn't suspended and maybe he was even paid.

Back on topic, I liked Larscheid. But I think he should stay retired. He's 74.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad