Linden gets Larscheid on TEAM 1040 (Mod Warning: Post#23)

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
For all you Tom Larchied fans he will interview Pat Quinn in the 1st intermission of the game on Sunday vs Calgary.....He also might be a 3 man booth for home games only with John Shorthouse/ Rick Ball and Dave Tomlinson

Defeatist*

It's a disgrace what Gillis did to larshied. Also, editing out his voice in the bure retirement vid was low. Welcome back Tommy!

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
What is this, 1994?

I'd bet all this nonsense doesn't sell any tickets. People want a winning team, not a clown show.

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver
What is this, 1994?

I'd bet all this nonsense doesn't sell any tickets. People want a winning team, not a clown show.

Agreed. This is going to be an embarrassing era. Tervor Linden doesn't even have a plan. He should be spending his time on that, not little gimmicks. Get over yourself Linden. It's creepy this obsession with him in this city. "OMG Trevor is such a great guy, look he's bringing in the guy who should be retired to call a few games. How cute" Gawd.

Bring back Gillis.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Pat Quinn creeping around, TC being rehired and now this?

I'm telling you guys. The Band is back. Start playing that nWo theme song because we're just ... too ... saweeeeeeeeet!!! :bow:

Also, these are just small moves. It doesn't mean we're going to be any more of a circus than GMMd.G put us through these last few seasons. It will come down to the GM and I think Trevor will pick someone damn good. Bueller? Bueller? Benning?

Last edited:

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
Agreed. This is going to be an embarrassing era. Tervor Linden doesn't even have a plan. He should be spending his time on that, not little gimmicks. Get over yourself Linden. It's creepy this obsession with him in this city. "OMG Trevor is such a great guy, look he's bringing in the guy who should be retired to call a few games. How cute" Gawd.

Bring back Gillis.

While I wouldn't go that far, I do agree that the 1994 and nostalgia stuff is being way overdone and overused.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
I know....this is getting a little ridiculous with Linden love fest

He never one anything the 94 team was 500 team for petes sake

I call Linden Mr 2nd place

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
Good for Tommy. I'm probably in the minority here but I thought he was great even if I didn't agree with him all the time. Much, much better than Dave Tomlinson.

Ninebreaker

Mar 4, 2014

Bring back Gillis.

Are you serious? He's been hired for what, like two days? You're right he probably doesn't have a concrete plan right now, but that's not a bad thing, nor is it surprising.

Wait for him to hire his staff, get to intimately know the team, and then the management can collectively agree as to which direction to take the team.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
What is this, 1994?

Linden is fixing things, what Gillis did with Tommy was BS and Linden is trying to right that. These are reason why Linden is so well liked.

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
While I wouldn't go that far, I do agree that the 1994 and nostalgia stuff is being way overdone and overused.

It's PR and to sell the move initially. Don't expect that to last long. No one is going to be talking about it a month or two from now. He'll be judged by what he does to make the team better ultimately.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Linden is fixing things, what Gillis did with Tommy was BS and Linden is trying to right that. These are reason why Linden is so well liked.

Maybe he will drive Brian Burke to the airport for free? :sarcasm:

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
Anyone making conclusions over this is being ridiculous and should take a step back.

Linden has made two smart PR moves in bring back TC and Tommy. He can't make any major moves right now, so go overboard and calling this embarassing is outright stupidity.

These are smart calculated moves that will start to change the conversation about the Canucks for the good. That being said the important hockey operation moves (hiring a GM, what to do with Torts, roster building) have yet to happen and his legacy will be tied to those, not these PR moves.

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
Anyone making conclusions over this is being ridiculous and should take a step back.

Linden has made two smart PR moves in bring back TC and Tommy. He can't make any major moves right now, so go overboard and calling this embarassing is outright stupidity.

These are smart calculated moves that will start to change the conversation about the Canucks for the good. That being said the important hockey operation moves (hiring a GM, what to do with Torts, roster building) have yet to happen and his legacy will be tied to those, not these PR moves.

Thanks you for this reasonable post... I can't stand people getting their panties up in a bunch calling this an embarrassing. Its not going to hurt anyone so relax and calm down.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011

Based on that hockeybuzz article from today, it is pretty obvious that Linden is going to give Torts the boot. Good post. I totally agree.

Willting*

Bring back Gillis.

You expect major moves 3 days into the job?

:help:

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Larscheid is an utter embarrassment to the franchise. This is disgraceful.

Every time I watch that '94 clip...every time I am struck by how Robson's glorious call is almost ruined by his cringe-worthy shreiking. Utterly disgraceful.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Whatever your point of view is, express it without resorting to name calling and making sweeping generalizations. If you find yourself incapable of doing that, you will be removed from the thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Don't really care about this so I'm not going to go and slag Linden for doing it. Still, these are all pretty transparent PR moves that could backfire pretty significantly (PR-wise, not in any other way) if his first major move is less than a resounding success. Then this type of thing has the potential to really make you look bad.

Defeatist*

When I lived in Vancouver I was not a larshied fan--Loved Robinson--could not stand larshied

Larschied is the man. Him and Robson went together like peanut butter and jelly. Their 94 calls were epic. I get chills hearing larschied's excitement for things like bure's ot goal over Calgary. He really was one of the best in business. It's great he's finally welcomed back because he's a huge part of the canucks history. Him being frozen out by Gillis was an embarrassment.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Don't really care about this so I'm not going to go and slag Linden for doing it. Still, these are all pretty transparent PR moves that could backfire pretty significantly (PR-wise, not in any other way) if his first major move is less than a resounding success. Then this type of thing has the potential to really make you look bad.

Yeah, it's all PR for sure. We know Trevor knows how to do that. The hockey stuff will be the real test.

Still; I was never a big fan of Larscheid, but the way Gillis forced him out was irksome. Happy to see him back in some small capacity. The guy's clearly a fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad