Likely Scenarios you are having a hard time accepting this season

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
- How crappy we will continue to be at scoring when it's 5 on 5

- Sid (and/or Geno) not really being in the running for the Art Ross or maybe a Rocket

- Aside from a very few guys, we just don't seem to give a f*** most nights.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Vegas' great start. Didn't think they'd get 21 wins all seasons let alone have it by December 19. I've been saying they're going to come back to earth but they haven't yet.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
These scenarios are likely but I'm having a hard time accepting them:

- The Devils will make the playoffs
- Edmonton will miss the playoffs
- The Art Ross winner will be a first time winner
- Boston is good and will do well in the playoffs
- Vegas will make the playoffs in their first season

What are yours?

12 of the last 15 Art Ross winners were first time winners. This was after 20 years of only 3 first time winners. And only 7 in the 20 years before that.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
Dahlin is going to Arizona, for the love of god I've never seen a franchise need a player more than they do.
They're probably the least deserving team. All they do is make NHL 18 style trades and blow for years at a time. The team should be moved or just blown up, not given more talent (which will only lay to waste in Phoenix).

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Watching them night in and night out, it seems to be somewhat likely that the Penguins will actually miss the playoffs this year. And it's pretty difficult for me, as a die-hard Pens fan, to accept that.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
that some would be perennial playoff team is gonna end up with a top 5 pick
like the era of super teams are truly dead, its just your good for a couple years and then tank, good for 3 years, tank, repeat. no one stays just competitive

severian

Aug 19, 2007
Westfield
Watching them night in and night out, it seems to be somewhat likely that the Penguins will actually miss the playoffs this year. And it's pretty difficult for me, as a die-hard Pens fan, to accept that.

They lost a lot of depth upfront and they've struggled so far this season with a healthy Crosby and Malkin. They may be in a good amount of trouble if one of them goes down for an extended period of time, and history says that's pretty likely.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
These scenarios are likely but I'm having a hard time accepting them:

- The Devils will make the playoffs
- Edmonton will miss the playoffs
- The Art Ross winner will be a first time winner
- Boston is good and will do well in the playoffs
- Vegas will make the playoffs in their first season

What are yours?

Surprising isn't it. Especially after last year when we were so much behind the Leafs already...

My turn: so surprised that (so far, solely courtesy of Mr Andersen) the Leafs defense is not bottom 10.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
stunned that:

Devils are looking like a good bet to make the playoffs in this bloodbath of a division
Penguins are looking like they'll struggle to get in to the playoff mix
Vegas is having a total Leicester City run
Justin Faulk may finish the season with < 30 points
Noah Hanifin may finish the season with > 40 points (expected to have to wait at least 1 more year for him to break out)

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
It's crazy that so many people here couldn't see Vegas doing well. It's not like the last round of expansions when the best players were Geoff Sanderson and Jeff Odgers, they picked up some legitimate top 6 players and young players on the verge of breaking out.

Seriously, take a look back at the Atlanta draft it's sad.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Q and Stan will not have the balls to fire Dineen and the Hawks PP will continue to be a 2 minute passing practice for the rest of the season and remain in the bottom 5

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Everyone acting like Vegas has clinched.

They have to literally keep this pace all the way through to stay where they are or actually improve. (If the Oilers have a comeback, when the Ducks get healthy, if the Flames have a good 2nd half) Do they have the talent to sustain that much success over that period of time?

I don't know.

They have proved me wrong all the way through but lets not forget were not even at the halfway mark yet.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
-AV will be our coach the rest of this season and next season and the organization has full trust in him

-The analytics say Vegas legitimately has a good defense with a tire fire defense corps on paper

-Nobody outside of Tampa and STL is that impressive and the door is probably open for Pittsburgh to win again

-The Devils have a good record and it bothers me

-I'm stuck with this garbage until the Yankees start in April

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
The Blues are going to go into the postseason with no one to play RW behind Tarasenko.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
as depressing as it sounds, i'm pretty okay with anything at all involving hockey. Not that i don't care, but relative my political concerns nothing is worth sweating over. it's just nice to have the diversion.
thanks, NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad