Ligue 1 2020-2021

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Ligue 1 has been unavailable to me for a while (another cable operator carried the channel that has the rights), but I finally got it now (though on cellphone only).

I watched a couple of games this past weekend, and while it's very... hm, raw... These young players are just oozing with talent.
And also, the football is fun to watch.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Last weekend's games weren't great, but that's to be expected in the first round. Especially since most big teams weren't playing.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Captain Memphis starting the season in style with a hattrick (also a particularly nice piece of skill to create the own goal) and man of the match performance, could have had a few assists and was involved in most of Lyon's attacks. Moving him to the AMC position post-injury was a smart move he linked up really well with two strikers ahead of him. Lyon would do well to keep him from Barcelona.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He scored a great goal besides the 2 pens.
That said he was nowhere to be found against good teams.
I think he's trying to showcase to leave.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

Seems like a bad captain imo

I mean, that's nothing different from what has been said many times before. He's always given 100% for the team while he's there and seems to get on great with a bunch of the guys there. He led the team in CL scoring (in fact he scored more than Mbappe or Neymar in the CL), and still worked hard v. Juventus, City and Bayern despite just coming off one of the worst knee injuries you can have, which obviously affected his play (although he wasn't exactly getting a lot of service, especially against Bayern).

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Depay scored a whopping THREE non penalty goals in the CL campaign (none in knockout stage).
Mbappe scored FIVE.
Neymar scored FOUR. And not counting both guys' assists.

And Depay was absolutely catastrophic in every single game since the lockdown. That includes the Coupe de La Ligue final, the return against Juve, the City game and the Bayern game.

So yeah, don't believe the crap.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Camavinga took the ball from his 30 meters to the opponents' box, dribbling players in the process and Chotard just bodychecked him hockey style.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad