Ligue 1 2018/19

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
PSG looked very soft, and Di Maria killed like 20 quality openings.

But with Mbappe& Neymar on form no one touches them.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Di Maria and rabiot were awful in the first half. Just endless amounts of giveaways. Regarding mbappe. He's still a teenager. U dont need to burn him out playing too much too early. Rooney was washed up in his 20s

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Newly promoted Nimes taking down Marseilles in the battle of the Olympiques? What have we here

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Nimes is serious. They won a man down last week in their away game and are now closing in on 6 points after hosting OM. Nice.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Di Maria and rabiot were awful in the first half. Just endless amounts of giveaways. Regarding mbappe. He's still a teenager. U dont need to burn him out playing too much too early. Rooney was washed up in his 20s

Rooney was also like a full grown man at like 18. So his body could handle playing as much as he did at that age. Obviously long term it did his career some harm, but I don't think he cares much.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
ADM is done as a world class player this was obvious at the World Cup.

Ronney washed up in his 20s because he didn't take care of himself. Messi has played non stop since he was a teenager and hasn't slowed down. Now Mbappe is no Messi but if he surrounds himself with a good entourage and remains grounded nothing will stop him from being a generational player.

I really can't see anything in his game that I don't like. Too bad he isn't Argentinaian, that's my only criticism.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
ADM is done as a world class player this was obvious at the World Cup.

Ronney washed up in his 20s because he didn't take care of himself. Messi has played non stop since he was a teenager and hasn't slowed down. Now Mbappe is no Messi but if he surrounds himself with a good entourage and remains grounded nothing will stop him from being a generational player.

I really can't see anything in his game that I don't like. Too bad he isn't Argentinaian, that's my only criticism.

ADM is such a frustrating player. So horrible some days and completely unplayable the next.

Also very true.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
What the hell is wrong with Di Maria.
He looked way better in the second half of that game, it's awful when a team like Guingamp has PSG by the ropes and then they have the ability to sub on Mbappe with Neymar for probably the deadliest duo in all of the world.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
He looked way better in the second half of that game, it's awful when a team like Guingamp has PSG by the ropes and then they have the ability to sub on Mbappe with Neymar for probably the deadliest duo in all of the world.

Nah, I still think he killed the play too many times at the start of 2nd half, his game just looked like a mess.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
@Evilo How is Tete doing? For such a rare breed (pure defensive back) he managed to rack up a goal and 4 assists in his 22 games. Has his offensive game improved or is it more a product of his teammates?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Lyon's FB are asked to play quite offensive, so he had to. He was solid. Nothing spectacular, but good enough.

Reactions: Ajacied

Turtleneck Plek

Real Life
Mar 23, 2008
Montreal
@Evilo How is Tete doing? For such a rare breed (pure defensive back) he managed to rack up a goal and 4 assists in his 22 games. Has his offensive game improved or is it more a product of his teammates?

He hasn't been playing much since the second half of last season. He was playing well, then had a rougher stretch due to injuries and inconsistent play and Rafael completely took over the starting RB spot for the rest of the season. It's unfortunate because Tete showed good things in in the first half of last season.

This year, they've also brought on Leo Dubois who plays at RB and has started both games so far this season. One of Rafael or Tete will probably go, with Rafael the leading candidate to leave. However, considering the wage he commands and the fact that he's well-liked by his teammates, Tete might be the one to go.

Reactions: Ajacied

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Dubois also covers for LB though.

Rafael has to leave IMO. He's not good enough. Much prefer Tete.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Other than for his seniority, I don't understand why Morel has been playing as a CB, from what I have seen he hasn't been good there. Can't Tete play the position at all?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Don't remember seeing Tete at CB. No idea. Morel is on hiw way out if rumors hold true. OL are just waiting for a replacement.

Turtleneck Plek

Real Life
Mar 23, 2008
Montreal
Rafael was great the second half of last season but I agree, he should leave. Tete is younger and still has lots of room to grow as a player.

As for Morel, it's just one of these things Genesio does. In any case, I doubt he leaves, he's one of the few older guys with experience on the team and he'll stick around until the end of his contract next summer. The plan is for him not to be a starter this year though, we'll see what happens with Lyon's search for a CB. They want Ruben Dias from Benfica but don't want to pay his 45m release clause, and Benfica is in no hurry to sell him for less. So for now it looks like Lyon's gonna buy Denayer from City, which can't be worse than starting Morel, but is also not the caliber of player Lyon should be targeting.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
I've always been impressed with Tete's defensive game. I think he has elite potential there. His lack of offensive skills just hold him back at Ajax and made him a benchwarmer during his last season. Seeing his decent stats I figured he might've improved there. If Lyon decides to move him, I think the Serie A fits him best.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
First start for Kehrer, first mistake : he gives up a penalty.
Tuchel finally playing a 3-5-2 with Di Maria has LWB (meh), Marquinhos at DM (Verratti out). Nice thing was Neymar as #10 in a free role and Cavani/Mbappe up front. Mbappe's best position is in a 2 striker system so I love it.
Kehrer subed out with Nsoki coming in at halftime.

Reactions: Gecklund

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Both strikers have a goal. Neymar played a role in both goals and Nsoki already counted with the secondary assist on Mbappe's goal (6 minutes atfer he came in).
I like it.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
A few thoughts :
- Neymar/Cavani/Mbappe are going to be hard to stop playing in this system (not taking care of width).
- Nsoki seems to have the trust of Tuchel and for the right reasons. His coming on today is once again very impressive.
- Lo Celso seems to be absolutely not trusted by Tuchel. No idea why.
- Draxler is probably going out. Tuchel wants some players and they'll have to fund the transfers.
- Moussa Diaby is impressing Tuchel and he might keep him for depth purposes at least until winter.

Neymar with the tap-in after a great Mbappe move.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Oh and Rabiot is amazing. Him and Verratti behind Neymar is going to be crazy.
But he needs to sign a f***ing new contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad