Ligue 1 2016-2017

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
That was last week. Since then Monchi has tried to delay the talks to sign with PSG. But for some reason PSG won't move (which leads me to believe they might fire Emery).

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
So what are the big games in the last 7 rounds then?

Lyon vs Monaco
Nice vs PSG
Marseille vs Nice
Lyon vs Nice

Nice has got a pretty nasty run-in.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
It's really Monaco's to lose.
They have at least 3 points on PSG (if they win tonight) but the goal differential makes it really 4 points.
They have to draw two games, or lose one and draw another with PSG winning out (something I don't see them doing anyway).

But as I said, Monaco look extremely tired and with at least two CL games still, this could make them lose everything.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Verratti is a ****ing genius.

If you can, get a look at Cavani's goal and watch how Verratti creates the goal with a flick. Rabiot will get the assist, but Verratti is the one who opened up the play with his subtle touch.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Crazy scene in Bastia YET AGAIN. I don't know how many years those idiots will be able to get into that stadium but it's been a long time coming.
Fans have jumped onto the pitch and fought with Depay and the backup goalie, Gorgelin, during warmup. Other Lyon players came to the defense and everyone then rushed to the lockerrooms.
So far, game hasn't started (it was to be played at 17:00).

Bastia should never be allowed in pro football. Monkey chants, violence on the pitch, off the pitch, been the case for years and years. Scandalous.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And halftime is blown, another idiot jumps on the pitch and tries to fight Lopes.:facepalm:
Bastia officials always play the little vs the big mean Paris officials card.
Always whine against the refs.
Always whine when their players are suspended for violent conduct on the pitch (they always lead the league in red cards).
Always whine when they're suspended for racist chants.
Always whine when some of their fans send stick on opponsing players shooting corners.

I'm sure they'll find a way to say they're innocent here.
Should be stripped off their professional label.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Fans attacking players on the pitch should get them relegated two tiers, not just one.

They'll get like 3 points deducted or some crap like that.

Fully agreed, I'd demote them two tiers down.

The first leg was a loss by Bastia with two players being sent off, mostly because Bastia have a reputation for being overly aggressive and doing huge fouls. They cried about the ref and the previous manager said they would 'settle this like men' in Bastia.

Then yesterday, Crivelli, Bastia's striker, encensed the fans, talking about kicking the ***** out of Lyon and what not.

Before the match, the fans invaded the pitch and attacked the players. The Lyon players refused to play, fearing for their safety. I'm guessing they were told they would forfeit if they didn't play because they came on, looking very reluctant about it.

Up until half time, everything was going well, the players were getting along as well which is rare when playing Bastia. Then some guy attacked Anthony Lopes, followed by more people coming on, then a steward attacked a Lyon sub, Maolida or Mateta I think.

What the actual F....

Yes, demote them. Can't remember something like this in a tier 1 European league.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
The guy that attacked Lopes is IN FACT a Bastia official !!!!!!
And then a stewart kicked some Lyon players.

So they can blame or two fans, they should be stripped of their pro status.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
League says those actions were "unqualifiables".
Everyone expects them to throw down the hammer, but Bastia acts like a victim already, saying they condem those actions (which in part are due to their employees remember) and that they'll take the necessary decisions.

Well decisions should be to throw them out of the league. We've had multiple incidents already this season (not even talking about the previous years) and they ALWAYS get away with a slight slap on the wrist.
They're already last in the league.

Let's keep in mind OL players couldn't leave in bus tonight without those idiots trying to throw stones at the bus. I mean, as if they hadn't done enough !

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Meanwhile Morgan Sanson's still ****ing good. And Lopez finishes the first half with 100% passing.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Completely crazy game.
**** poor for 80 minutes, PSG leading 2-0 out of 3 shots. Then suddenly, Metz scores twice and gets a FK at the 90th. Perfect FK, Trapp doesn't even move from his line and watches the ball hit the crossbar.
3 minutes later, Matuidi plays the hero and scores for the 3-2 win. Monaco was this close to almost winning the league.

I had a bet that there would be less than 5 goals in that game :facepalm:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Cavani with yet another goal. 31 in L1 now. :amazed:

And always making the efforts to defend.
Here's an example against Nancy. Ball was lost in Nancy's box (game was in march) and Cavani started to sprint from the 6 meter line of Nancy. This video only shows the second part of his defensive effort.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
With everyone watching the clasico last night, it kinda got unnoticed that Monaco won 2-1 at Lyon in which was probably their toughest game left

Their remaining games are at home against St.Etienne/Toulouse/Lille and at Nancy/Rennes. Only two of those teams are currently in the Top 10 in L1.

PSG plays Caen and Bastia at home which they certainly will beat easily but they have two tricky away games left starting next week when they travel to Nice and then another at St.Etienne

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And Monaco has 3 points and the goal difference for them.
I don't see them dropping the title.
And the CL argument doesn't even work, they're the only team in Europe to have won every single game following a CL match midweek.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Too bad he sucks per some hfboards experts...

I don't think he sucks, just one of the most, if not the most, frustrating players in football today. I don't agree with the "he scores in a weaker league" argument, the numbers don't lie in both France and Italy. Even though he's not the top striker in the world, any one who doesn't recognize his ability is delusional.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad