Friedman: Lightning-Wild possibilities (Brodin/Dumba, Drouin)

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Minnesota has coveted Drouin for a while now. I think they have the pieces to get the deal done, but I'm not sure Tampa necessarily needs what's being offered? (Brodin/Dumba)

Seems like the Lightning have plenty of young guys due for a raise, which probably complicates things.

Really?

Maybe before last year when it was thought Drouin would be a cheap get, and before Nino, Granlund, Coyle, Zucker, Kaprizov, Kunin, Greenway, etc. had great years. I would argue that Drouin, a smallish LW, is not a need for the Wild, but a luxury, and one they can't afford.

Wild have all sorts of pieces that would satisfy TBL, I would think, especially with TB's cap woes. Dumba at 2.5M has to be attractive, and maybe Haula, or a prospect like Tuch. I think the question is whether or not Drouin is worth paying for. If he could play a decent C I would be all over him, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

I see Drouin's skill, but wonder about his overall effectiveness as a player. The attitude thing is also a worry.

Having he and Granlund on the same team would be fun to watch.

Wild have gone from being a forward starved team to a forward rich team, though they certainly could use a #1C. After the ED they might actually go from being a Defense rich team to a Defense poor team, depending on whether they trade a Dman as well as lose one in the ED(though in that scenario it makes more sense to trade two Dmen) Trading for an ED exempt defender is the way to go, I think.

More 2004

Stamkos Apologist
May 3, 2004
Tampa
Dumba+Zucker
For
Drouin+Dotchin

Just stop guys..
OwE0Q_s-200x150.gif

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
Lol.. right. Barrie is a much better player than either were offensively at anytime.
I think you missed the point where every single name I listed was horrendous in their own zone. Which is what Barrie is too.

I have no interest in a player that is too stupid to know what position they should be playing. Make him a forward and I'm sure he'll be much better. But defense suggests you know how to handle your zone.

You clearly know absolutely nothing about him outside of googling his stats if you actually want him.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Barrie wasn't exactly set up to succeed but there's hope for him a la Justin Schultz.
In the right situation he could look adequate.

More 2004

Stamkos Apologist
May 3, 2004
Tampa
I think you missed the point where every single name I listed was horrendous in their own zone. Which is what Barrie is too.

I have no interest in a player that is too stupid to know what position they should be playing. Make him a forward and I'm sure he'll be much better. But defense suggests you know how to handle your zone.

You clearly know absolutely nothing about him outside of googling his stats if you actually want him.

Hah surely. You got me. I use the googles for all my information.

You obviously missed the point in trading for an offensive d man.

Oddly you cite Shattenkirk as your FA target when he looked like the backwards man on D all throughout the playoffs. Barrie had a better 5 on 5 corsi and fenwick than Kevin Shattmyselfkirk.

Also, trading Drouin for a marginal talent like Ceci would prove to be one of the all time worst trades.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad