Pre-Game Talk: Lightning vs Leafs | January 28th, 7pm EST | TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
You're right lol. I'm already getting nervous, this is crazy. I know 28 games is a lot of points available but we all know that a 3-4 game losing streak can really turn things around. We had a pretty good road trip so we just need to have a good final stretch before the Olympic break. I also want to avoid finishing in any of the WC spots. Facing Boston again would be a disaster IMO and I want to avoid Pittsburgh as long as possible. If we can face a Montreal or TB in the first round I'd definitely take that. So maintaining or increasing our lead in 3rd place in the division is key Plus we face TB 4 times so there's 8 points we can gain on TB for 2nd.

This team is a tough read. You can only keep the faith woohoo go leafs.:cheers:

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
This team is a tough read. You can only keep the faith woohoo go leafs.:cheers:

Lose 4 ----> Win 6 ---> Lose 2 in the last 12

6 wins & 6 losses = .500 hockey

Anything can happen when only the consistency is inconsistency.

We never know which Leaf team will show up on any given night.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
When's Stamkos coming back? We play Tampa today and then Thursday next week again.

Stamkos is where Bolland is and back practicing with the team.

He is actually traveling with the team to Toronto on this road trip.

He did leave practice early yesterday claiming he just didn't feel right.

So he is day to day at present awaiting final clearance.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Stamkos is where Bolland is and back practicing with the team.

He is actually traveling with the team to Toronto on this road trip.

He did leave practice early yesterday claiming he just didn't feel right.

So he is day to day at present awaiting final clearance.

He was in regular jersey today I am in shock myself honestly scary. No harm meant to you guys by showing up am looking forward to our matches no matter how it turns out.

I think your key is simple shut down equal our top line out physical us and have good to great goaltending. You do that you have a good shot. Our special teams are our inconsistent part of the team right now. So even though your pk is bad our pp has times its atrocious than on fire lol same with PK is amazing to watch this year:)

Good luck really pumped up for this been waiting a long time to see how we stack in our division.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
He was in regular jersey today I am in shock myself honestly scary. No harm meant to you guys by showing up am looking forward to our matches no matter how it turns out.

I think your key is simple shut down equal our top line out physical us and have good to great goaltending. You do that you have a good shot. Our special teams are our inconsistent part of the team right now. So even though your pk is bad our pp has times its atrocious than on fire lol same with PK is amazing to watch this year:)

Good luck really pumped up for this been waiting a long time to see how we stack in our division.

Injured Tampa Bay Lightning star Steven Stamkos said he's feeling better after taking a day off from practice on Monday because his leg didn't feel right. Stamkos took the ice at the Air Canada Centre on Tuesday morning - where the Lightning prepared to face the Toronto Maple Leafs - wearing a regular blue jersey and skated for about 20 minutes.

"It felt a lot better today," Stamkos said after the skate. "Just pain in certain areas. The bone is really strong, the x-rays look good - it's more soft tissue issues."

Full Story.

Wami

Chicken Lyfe'
Mar 8, 2013
I think the team has really bought into Bernier. I feel as if they play better in front of him, and I think perhaps they have given up a bit on Reimer. We just seem tighter and and more aggressive recently whenever Bernier is net. Further, he has an extremely calming presence in net. He freezes pucks and effectively kills the opposition team's momentum all the time, whereas Reimer gives up huge rebounds. I should clarify that I actually think Reimer actively deflects rebounds to safe areas usually, for instance he can kick a rebound out back towards the blue line and give the team an out - but what this doesn't do is stop momentum, so it's a double edged sword.

I'm predicting a big game from our team as I would be willing to bet they will play with confidence in front of Bernier.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Lose 4 ----> Win 6 ---> Lose 2 in the last 12

6 wins & 6 losses = .500 hockey

Anything can happen when only the consistency is inconsistency.

We never know which Leaf team will show up on any given night.

I know! You can not get to high or to low on this team. They have stats that are very negative looking,yet they hold a playoffs ticket at present.

TheThrill81*

I think the team has really bought into Bernier. I feel as if they play better in front of him, and I think perhaps they have given up a bit on Reimer. We just seem tighter and and more aggressive recently whenever Bernier is net. Further, he has an extremely calming presence in net. He freezes pucks and effectively kills the opposition team's momentum all the time, whereas Reimer gives up huge rebounds. I should clarify that I actually think Reimer actively deflects rebounds to safe areas usually, for instance he can kick a rebound out back towards the blue line and give the team an out - but what this doesn't do is stop momentum, so it's a double edged sword.

I'm predicting a big game from our team as I would be willing to bet they will play with confidence in front of Bernier.

And yet Bernier lets in soft goals and his supposed elite stickhandling isn't so great at all. Not to mention his positioning could use some work. I think we should wait at least until the end of this season before proclaiming anyone as a saviour.

Bluejaysfan*

And yet Bernier lets in soft goals and his supposed elite stickhandling isn't so great at all. Not to mention his positioning could use some work. I think we should wait at least until the end of this season before proclaiming anyone as a saviour.

Every elite goalie gives up softies. Heck, Rask gave up a goal from center ice, does that mean he sucks too? Bernier is way better at handling the puck as opposed to Reimer. When you handle the puck as much as Bernier does, you are going to make mistakes occasionally.

Wami

Chicken Lyfe'
Mar 8, 2013

Reimer lets in soft goals too, that doesn't make my statement invalid. Reimer's positioning could use some work too. And nowhere did I call him a saviour, I simply believe he is the better option.

Strawman argument

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad