Confirmed with Link: Lightning sign Nick Paul to 7-year extension | $3.15M AAV

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
PAULY SZN!!

I like the contract a lot. It will look like pennies in a few years. I stand by he could have made 5 on the open market. I love it when guys WANT to be here.
Exactly, in a few years with the cap rising it will be a bargain.

Also yeah on the open market he could have easily made 4.5-5mil multi year contract. JFBB strikes again.

Last edited:

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
nick-paul.jpg

Big Nick Paul is one of us!!!

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

You're kidding me. Sweet Christ alive that is A LOT of term

Wow. He'll be here lomg enough to usher in a new era too

Hopefully the NHL doesn't bork the lottery system any harder than they already have and there's another Bedard floating around in 4 years that we can get our hands on. Because when this team is done, it is gonna be UGLY lmao. But of course that is (literally) always the case and til then let's win at least 1 more Cup with this group.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
You're kidding me. Sweet Christ alive that is A LOT of term

Hopefully the NHL doesn't bork the lottery system any harder than they already have and there's another Bedard floating around in 4 years that we can get our hands on. Because when this team is done, it is gonna be UGLY lmao
Who cares, its $3M. Thats gonna be a drop in the bucket in a couple years. And if he doesn't have a NTC its even better.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Who cares, its $3M. Thats gonna be a drop in the bucket in a couple years. And if he doesn't have a NTC its even better.

That's exactly the thing. I'm not worried about the AAV. That is a hell of a deal. It's how long the NTC will be. I'm going to be shocked if there isn't some sort of NTC at the beginning because you don't sign that amount of term without some sort of guarantee of where your family is gonna be. Dude's gonna want to buy a house and find schools for his children etc.

But if anyone's earned it, that's Paul

gn2007

Nov 21, 2009
Shelby Township, MI
We gotta to thank our boy goodrow for these long term contracts now a days. Paul is a great Swiss army knife if he can finish this will be an amazing deal. Winning faveoffs is huge for us bc we don't gave the best centers in the league lol.

gn2007

Nov 21, 2009
Shelby Township, MI
I like this he shows he can step up as 2nd line center if needed but probably be line 3 to grind other teams and make their life hellish

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If a 3.15m contract is the worst one you have on the books, you're doing just fine.

I think this is good foreshadowing to what the Palat contract will look like. That one will probably carry a lot more risks than this, but man, it's all about the cup window right now. Basically, Fxxk the future.

You also have to think this means JBB is reasonably certain he can move some money. So expect a trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad