GDT: Lightning @ Senators | March 20th 7:30 | SUN,SNET-E,TVA

Status
Not open for further replies.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Smith shouldn't even have been on the ice for the last push. Again with the dumbest decisions by MacLean. Surprised Neil wasn't there as well.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Hahaha. I was half expecting big rig to be out there on the point. Worst coaching decision ever.

9364754.jpg

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
I still believe in Lehner, think he'll be a stud, but he's been beyond pathetic for a while now. Absolutely terrible season for him. Worst goalie in the NHL this year.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Lehner isn't ready. Andy plz come back so we dont lose 18 straight before seasons end.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Come on, plenty of guys here didn't like the deal. And plenty didn't like it for exactly the reason you laid out - Bishop was hitting his prime and Lehner was still green. Lehner under contract and in Bingo was fine, and lock up Andy and Bish as the Ottawa team until Lehner was the best goalie in the system - if that's what he became as he matured. Maybe Lehner will be better when he's in his late 20's, it is certainly a possibility and one I think is a very real possibility, but he's 22 right now and struggling terribly and it's a ****** situation that, despite what some here said, didn't have to play out like this.

So enough with the 'everybody' and 'hindsight' crap that some love to spout - b/c plenty here had what, in hindsight, turned out to be foresight.

This is what I said all along but Bryan Murray can't handle controversy so he bowed to Lehner's pouting and crying just like he bowed to Phillips begging to the detriment of the team. He did the same for Alfredsson and got a slap in the face and a spit in the eye for it. You'd think he'd learn and be a little colder and calculating with his player decisions.

exv91

Oct 13, 2011
Monumentally disappointed in Lehner. A part of me felt that he was going to come in off Andy's injury and carry this team.

I felt the same way about Anderson in November. But to be honest the whole team is dismal. No goaltender should be judged playing behind the likes of Cowen, Phillips, Condra, Michalek, Smith, Greening, Gryba etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad