GDT: Lightning @ Senators | March 20th 7:30 | SUN,SNET-E,TVA

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Just conveniently now everyone is quick to point out that they thought Bishop would be better all along.

Even though Bishop has clearly had the better year by a fantastical margin, he's also several years older than Lehner and playing behind a much better team.

It is still too early to say one way or the other who will be better.

Come on, plenty of guys here didn't like the deal. And plenty didn't like it for exactly the reason you laid out - Bishop was hitting his prime and Lehner was still green. Lehner under contract and in Bingo was fine, and lock up Andy and Bish as the Ottawa team until Lehner was the best goalie in the system - if that's what he became as he matured. Maybe Lehner will be better when he's in his late 20's, it is certainly a possibility and one I think is a very real possibility, but he's 22 right now and struggling terribly and it's a ****** situation that, despite what some here said, didn't have to play out like this.

So enough with the 'everybody' and 'hindsight' crap that some love to spout - b/c plenty here had what, in hindsight, turned out to be foresight.

Gromit

Apr 14, 2004
gotta be kidding smith on for the last 8 seconds, thats what we have for coaching.

doesnt matter if u take a stupid penalty, still get ice time.

Only reason I could think of is for his face-off ability, not that it helped...

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
The fans at the game tonight at east go their moneys worth.
They battled and it was an entertaining game.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
If we even had NHL average goaltending, we'd have a couple more wins during this stretch.

Monumentally disappointed in Lehner. A part of me felt that he was going to come in off Andy's injury and carry this team.

All that "big game goalie" talk was way too premature.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Just conveniently now everyone is quick to point out that they thought Bishop would be better all along.

Even though Bishop has clearly had the better year by a fantastical margin, he's also several years older than Lehner and playing behind a much better team.

It is still too early to say one way or the other who will be better.

Yup. Lot of revisionists here.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
| Goals Against |
1|Los Angeles|144
2|Boston|146
3|St. Louis|153
21|Calgary|200
23|Buffalo|201
27|Florida|217
28|Edmonton|222
29 | Ottawa | 228
30|NY Islanders|235

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I actually think the talent assembled was good enough to compete. Murray couldn't add that one extra guy he wanted (apparently Hemsky last summer) because of a budget. I don't blame him for this mess despite some terrible decisions (re-signing Phillips).

He said he was happy with our defence at the deadline. That is as worrisome as it gets.

shootingrubber

Oct 7, 2010
who cares, hold the players accountable. its ********...

Actually, I agree with you. I'm so pissed off watching this team. No accountability. Nobody cares. No effort until the last 3 minutes of the game. It's brutal. It's not just the players. Coaches need to be held accountable as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad