GDT: Lightning @ Senators | March 20th 7:30 | SUN,SNET-E,TVA

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
I still believe in Lehner, think he'll be a stud, but he's been beyond pathetic for a while now. Absolutely terrible season for him. Worst goalie in the NHL this year.

Pretty crazy his save pct. can swing so much in one season... kinda like Elliot.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Smith makes sense because he is good at faceoffs, that is his good side, and Spezza's bad side. Also, better than Neil from the last two goalie pulls (so at least there is that)

Am I reading this right? Spezza's bad side is faceoffs? I must be reading this wrong.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Just can't wait to start fresh next year, I don't think we are THAT bad. Just didn't have any bounce our way this year to be honest and the players gave up

Cheapseats

Cigars N F-Bombs
Mar 2, 2004
As much as Lehner needs some game time, if he keeps giving up 5 goals per game it is tough to justify keeping the Bingo goalies on the bench.

In all fairness, the season is a total bust, the team was averaging 38 shots per game the last 5. Its just a front to back collapse. D zone coverage is worst in the NHL. Teams sucks, he sucks.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
In all fairness, the season is a total bust, the team was averaging 38 shots per game the last 5. Its just a front to back collapse. D zone coverage is worst in the NHL. Teams sucks, he sucks.

At what point are you destroying his confidence though? He's obviously in a bad place, and they just keep putting him out there to get destroyed time and time again.

misha1976

Mar 2, 2012
Delhi, India
I don't get the Lehner defenders. Yes, defensively we're a bad team. Lehner is so awesome he can only play in front of defensive powerhouse? He's been garbage. He lost us this game and contributed hardily to our loss against the Rangers.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
4 goals both last 2 games, skipping colorado, 4 goals mtl 3 nashville.

offense is putting pucks in the net... not many teams will win with 4-5 goals against a game.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
If we even had NHL average goaltending, we'd have a couple more wins during this stretch.

Monumentally disappointed in Lehner. A part of me felt that he was going to come in off Andy's injury and carry this team.

All that "big game goalie" talk was way too premature.

Lehner sat too long without playing, then when he did get a chance the team played lousy in front him.

The guy cares, got down on himself and now it is obvious watching him he has zero confidence.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
remember when Murray said we are going to try winning the cup lol

Of course he said that, what's he going to say? "Well we're not good enough to win a cup, but we're good enough to tread water slowly in one direction or the other and be a fringe playoff team for the next several seasons. Have fun fans!"

come on, surely you see through the rhetoric by now.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Not saying he is bad at faceoffs, just saying it his side that he is not as good on (which happens to be the opposite for Smith)

I think Spezza has been one of our best FO men for a while now. Smith too and he had one job on the last play. With 8 secs left, I agree, not a bad move putting him at C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad