Confirmed with Link: Lightning re-sign Tanner Jeannot | 2 years, $2.665M AAV

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
If he was still scoring 24, we wouldn't be able to afford him.

It's a low risk/high reward situation. JBB is overpaying him like half a mil in hopes he produces enough to where he's being underpaid like $3M.

You have to find some diamonds in the rough to win championships.

• Haha
Reactions: Outl4w

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Sure but he didn't even score 2 goals here.... yes, 2.
He's not the first guy who didn't live up to expectations immediately after a trade. And the contract is small. It's fine. The trade remains horrible, but I dont think it was realistic to believe this deal would come in around league min, as if the 24 goal rookie year never happened. And it's not like we are paying him like a guy who's gonna a score 24. We are paying him like a 10-15 guy who is physical.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
He's not the first guy who didn't live up to expectations immediately after a trade. And the contract is small. It's fine. The trade remains horrible, but I dont think it was realistic to believe this deal would come in around league min, as if the 24 goal rookie year never happened. And it's not like we are paying him like a guy who's gonna a score 24. We are paying him like a 10-15 guy who is physical.

I don't have a problem with the contract either, the trade was god awful, we'd still have our assets and have Colton who's a better plaher if it weren't for that trade. Opportunity cost was huge, you can say McDonagh and Hagel didn't live up to expectations right away but they still contributed on their 1st runs, Jeannot did absolutely nothing.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I don't have a problem with the contract either, the trade was god awful, we'd still have our assets and have Colton who's a better plaher if it weren't for that trade. Opportunity cost was huge, you can say McDonagh and Hagel didn't live up to expectations right away but they still contributed on their 1st runs, Jeannot did absolutely nothing.

We complained about Savard not catching on. We questioned and complained whether Goodrow and Coleman was worth their opportunity cost. Then we proceeded to mercilessly shit on Hagel while he had a broken foot and now we're basically doing the same to Jeannot. We sat here all "HE BETTER BE HURT" and now that we know he was (to the point of people who reported it being shocked Jeannot played at all) all we can do is bitch he didn't do more because we're frustrated that the cap hasn't increased since the last ice age.

I won't defend how much JFBB gave up but if he doesn't eventually make good this trade it would be the first time.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
We complained about Savard not catching on. We questioned and complained whether Goodrow and Coleman was worth their opportunity cost. Then we proceeded to mercilessly shit on Hagel while he had a broken foot and now we're basically doing the same to Jeannot. We sat here all "HE BETTER BE HURT" and now that we know he was (to the point of people who reported it being shocked Jeannot played at all) all we can do is bitch he didn't do more because we're frustrated that the cap hasn't increased since the last ice age.

I won't defend how much JFBB gave up but if he doesn't eventually make good this trade it would be the first time.

Savard was a garbage trade too only excused by the cup that he got carried to. We win that year without Savard who was demoted to playing bottom pairing minutes most of his time here.

Who reported they were "shocked he played ?" It's not like his play was drastically worse then when he arrived, Draisaitl had the same injury and put up 2PPG in the playoffs last year

Revisionist history, nobody complained about Goodrow, he produced the moment he got here.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
He had 8 pts (2G/6A) in 38 regular season games after being traded to us.

Y'all some gaslighting MFers, Jesus f***ing Christ.

Right... as a 3rd/4th liner who pks and plays good defense.

Get some air, all you do is come on here mad.

Last edited:

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Right... as a 3rd/4th liner who pks and plays good defense.

Get some air, all you do is come on here mad.
Right because as we’ve seen the past couple weeks it’s really the intangibles that matter to people who have been on JBB’s ass for that trade/contract lmao. Been absolutely zero mention about his scoring production (or lack thereof lately).

Come join us in the real world anytime you’re ready, Sky.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Savard was a garbage trade too only excused by the cup that he got carried to. We win that year without Savard who was demoted to playing bottom pairing minutes most of his time here.

Who reported they were "shocked he played ?" It's not like his play was drastically worse then when he arrived, Draisaitl had the same injury and put up 2PPG in the playoffs last year

Revisionist history, nobody complained about Goodrow, he produced the moment he got here.

Revisionist history? This is real time. We're clutching to our pearls because we traded an entire draft for a guy who skated slower than Maroon and it's come out that his ankle was FUBAR. No one knows what we have right now. Again, if JFBB and our front office made a bad trade it would be the first time.

If you want revisionist history I'll tell you about being there in the building the night of July 7th 2021 going back to back and all of us agreed in that moment we had an amazing GM

Last edited:

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007

With JBB this could well be the first trade failure fine. But his vision and direction is open for scrutiny. Under his direction the subtractions far outweigh his additions. Yes he has added Hagel but will most likely lose him next summer. He gave up Verhaghe, yes I bring it up again while giving Joseph a raise. There was no way he could keep the Gourde line but his plan there was poor. Palat walks he did backfill with Hagel short term, he moved TJ for cap and misused it in signing the big three RFA’s to essentially one year then giving them a larger raise when he should have inked at least one of them long term at a lower hit than they ended up with. He allows Killer to walk because he has no option but he has no plan either because he traded too many futures for a guy that had 20 goal just one time after his under 18 years. For the Cirelli fans here you’re next he’s the one that will be moved if there is any chance in re signing Hagel and Stammer. If like many predict Hagel does pot 40 there’s a chance that even moving Cirelli will not be enough. So next could be Cernak . So the whole body of work JBB has done is a failure. But but but two cups and another final well those were Yzerman teams. The team has went from cup favorite to a team with a good core that could well miss the playoffs due to inability to replace talent. The Atlantic has gotten better heck the East has improved overall. And here we set hoping Tanner Jeanott will be the one to make the difference???????

Reactions: Rschmitz

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Y’all are worried about Hagel for no reason, JBB will have him extended before the end of the summer. Stamkos is the guy I think will be a little frustrating to extend.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Y’all are worried about Hagel for no reason, JBB will have him extended before the end of the summer. Stamkos is the guy I think will be a little frustrating to extend.
If you are right this core implodes. Stamkos best years are behind him there’s little doubt, but the stability he brings to the roster has value. There was one other guy that did the same Killorn meant more to the room than most here will admit. Shedding Killorn and Stamkos in consecutive years wilL spiral this team into a full rebuild. The line leader left would be Hedman then who????? Point or Kuch have never really shown what is needed to move the rest of the players. I am not sure what it will take to resign Stammer I do not see he would have unreasonable demands then again he is not going to be disrespected to sign for 1.5 mil either. As long as he can stay on the 2nd line it is reasonable for him to be paid 5 mil. Hell if you’re going to pay Jeanott 2.6 mil Stammer is worth far more.

This is akin to an old time soap opera. Currently many here just clammed on getting the team younger. But where are these talented young guys going to come from cost controlled? Not from the system for at least 5 years. How about bringing in guys like Hagel well that’s all well and good until they need raises. Most of our big salary guys are locked for mutiple years which has created no mobility other than moving out secondary scoring and guys like Verhaghe who could not be afforded same with Colton. Not saying Colton will explode like Verhaghe but he was depth. All JBB has done is add mutiple 4th liners to fill holes cheaply. I am totally against filling half the roster with ELC’s because most of them do not pan out but there is less and less mobility now. Considering the CAP shows no relief long term the team is stuck. Just like going in to the season short a 2nd line wing. We are going to see either ABB or Jeanott there and chances for there success is pretty slim they will have a defensive center that only show offensive prowess occasionally and Stammer on the other wing needing a good year in a contract year whit could possibly go wrong.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
I agree, JBB needs to get an extension done with at least Hagel this off-season. The cap is supposed to rise by 4 or so million after this year, so that should cover most of Hagel's raise. He should offer Stamkos what he realistically can in order to have enough for Hagel and potentially Raddysh. The decision to move Colton and save some money between choosing between him and Jeannot could factor in as well, as hopefully JBB was thinking ahead and realized this was the best way to keep both Hagel and Stamkos. If not, and he ships out Hagel next summer for a futures package while handing Stamkos a bag, then I will have lost all confidence in JBB and his supposed "win now" approach.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
If you are right this core implodes. Stamkos best years are behind him there’s little doubt, but the stability he brings to the roster has value. There was one other guy that did the same Killorn meant more to the room than most here will admit. Shedding Killorn and Stamkos in consecutive years wilL spiral this team into a full rebuild. The line leader left would be Hedman then who????? Point or Kuch have never really shown what is needed to move the rest of the players. I am not sure what it will take to resign Stammer I do not see he would have unreasonable demands then again he is not going to be disrespected to sign for 1.5 mil either. As long as he can stay on the 2nd line it is reasonable for him to be paid 5 mil. Hell if you’re going to pay Jeanott 2.6 mil Stammer is worth far more.

This is akin to an old time soap opera. Currently many here just clammed on getting the team younger. But where are these talented young guys going to come from cost controlled? Not from the system for at least 5 years. How about bringing in guys like Hagel well that’s all well and good until they need raises. Most of our big salary guys are locked for mutiple years which has created no mobility other than moving out secondary scoring and guys like Verhaghe who could not be afforded same with Colton. Not saying Colton will explode like Verhaghe but he was depth. All JBB has done is add mutiple 4th liners to fill holes cheaply. I am totally against filling half the roster with ELC’s because most of them do not pan out but there is less and less mobility now. Considering the CAP shows no relief long term the team is stuck. Just like going in to the season short a 2nd line wing. We are going to see either ABB or Jeanott there and chances for there success is pretty slim they will have a defensive center that only show offensive prowess occasionally and Stammer on the other wing needing a good year in a contract year whit could possibly go wrong.

I think they extend Stamkos, but I don’t think it will happen until the conclusion of next year. Hagel I bet will be signing something soon

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I think they extend Stamkos, but I don’t think it will happen until the conclusion of next year. Hagel I bet will be signing something soon

Both will be extended, not at the stupid lowballs people are suggesting but they'll both be back, we'll move other pieces to make them fit. Neither are leaving, for better or worse with Stamkos.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I doubt it those agents aren’t extending early until they know the salary cap number for that season

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00