Confirmed with Link: Lightning re-sign Tanner Jeannot | 2 years, $2.665M AAV

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
The irony here is; those who are moaning, groaning, and complaining about Jeannot's contract are the very same folks who would be the first to moan, groan, and complain if one of the Big 6 are taken out via a cheapshot and there is no one to stick up for him if we did not have Jeannot.

If you do not like the way JBB is running the show, you could always jump off the Tampa Bay bandwagon (not that it would be the first time for some of you) and jump on another one. Just be careful not to injure your ankles when you reach the ground.

Jesus christ. You can be critical of the Jeannot trade and not be a bandwagon fan. I know not everyone wants to encounter negativity here but it's a very reasonable take until Jeannot proves otherwise.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Jesus christ. You can be critical of the Jeannot trade and not be a bandwagon fan. I know not everyone wants to encounter negativity here but it's a very reasonable take until Jeannot proves otherwise.

But that's not what happens here. The only reason people here got over Cooper missing the playoffs by 1 point with an AHL team and not winning the Penguins series (despite insisting how bad we got our asses kicked in order to defend the idea of firing him) was because we got swept in 2019 and had more cause for him to be fires. Like that's the how bad it gets here

I apologize if any of this sounds condescending because I don't know if you were here for all that but our Polly positives here are the biggest homers on the board and our Debbie downers are the biggest doomsayers with the exception of HF Pens where they've had nearly 40 years of uninterrupted generational talent and 5 Cups and all they can do is bitch

There is very little in between here save for when we won championships

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
The irony here is; those who are moaning, groaning, and complaining about Jeannot's contract are the very same folks who would be the first to moan, groan, and complain if one of the Big 6 are taken out via a cheapshot and there is no one to stick up for him if we did not have Jeannot.

If you do not like the way JBB is running the show, you could always jump off the Tampa Bay bandwagon (not that it would be the first time for some of you) and jump on another one. Just be careful not to injure your ankles when you reach the ground.
You are the most self righteous know it all poster on our boards. If someone has an opinion not aligned with yours, they can't be right.

It's always "hey look I've been telling you all for years but you dumb folk just don't get it."

In 12 years I've blocked one Tampa poster. You're the second. God you're off-putting.

Btw, watching Syracuse games doesn't make you the amateur scout you think it does.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Also if you're going to defend the trade and the contract by saying he can throw a punch your argument is pretty ridiculous right off the bat. At least try to find something in his game to justify it, rather than saying we paid 5 draft picks and 2.6 mil for a goon.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
You are the most self righteous know it all poster on our boards. If someone has an opinion not aligned with yours, they can't be right.

It's always "hey look I've been telling you all for years but you dumb folk just don't get it."

In 12 years I've blocked one Tampa poster. You're the second. God you're off-putting.

Btw, watching Syracuse games doesn't make you the amateur scout you think it does.
You can't just post this without dropping the other name.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Pretty sure it was Mr "high level experience"/"elite fan" and if you give me enough time I'll think of the name.

Edit: Matt Watson.

Stammertime singlehandedly ended that man's career while I sat back on the WWE style steel chair eating peanuts I was prepared to use in case Stammer by himself wasn't enough

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I was always optimistic about Hagel. Jeannot much less so by contrast. If we weren't going to make another signing anyway I don't have a huge problem with the amount, might as well use up the LTIR. But this remains a very risky deal overall. Hoping he regresses back to his mean and last season was a major anomaly. I think there's a way for him to produce without skating like the wind (though he has to skate at least somewhat competently). It's just a matter of finding his timing for crashing the net and you have to get to know your linemates and the system for that.

Reactions: Renopucker

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

So you're saying JBB is an idiot for not trading for Ryan Reeves who can do said job but better at 1/5th the cost.

Not a very smart argument from someone trying to sound so. Perhaps the air is a little thin up on your pedestal.

Reactions: aylib

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
So you're saying JBB is an idiot for not trading for Ryan Reeves who can do said job but better at 1/5th the cost.

Not a very smart argument from someone trying to sound so. Perhaps the air is a little thin up on your pedestal.
Not at all. No where did I mention Reeves, he is the player you apparently would rather have.
At this point in his career, Reeves is old, slow and one dimensional. At least Jeannnot can take a regular shift and not be too much of a negative on the ice.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA

Btw, watching Syracuse games doesn't make you the amateur scout you think it
Will be interesting to see if the Moderators hold you accountable for personnel attacks as they do others for comments such as yours.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
still don't really know what to think of jeannot really. he didn't look any good last year but hagel and coleman both started badly for us as well and we paid even more for them but i don't remember there being as much complaining about them.

if jeannot sucks this year then sure i'll join in on shitting on the trade but right now i just have no idea how good he is. clearly we saw something in him so let's wait and see

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018

He's not Byr?

• Haha
Reactions: Stammertime91

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
All I’m saying is give the man a chance.
NEVER!

Basically if Jeannot's skating doesn't improve through this season, shit on him all you want. A full off season and season with Barb should be able to sort anyone out, but if it doesn't improve there, then it never will. Park him in front of the net, get up his points and trade him in the second year for picks or something.

Reactions: Rschmitz

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Again, Sheary is 31. Jeannot was a RFA and despite his injury still has lots of potential.
Jeannot being a RFA and us having exclusive negotiating rights should drive down his contract demands, should it not? Potential doesn't mean a lot without team control moving forward, at least if we are hoping for cheap production from him.

Reactions: Zwui21

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
The minimum that JBB could sign tanner for, is the same as what tanner signed for, that’s how it works.

Does everyone think that JBB is purposefully signing contracts in bad faith, for uhhh reasons?

What other player would we want, that would fill the same role, for cheaper? Reaves is slower and even shittier on offense/defense.

You can think that jeannot sucks, And that the trade was bad, but this was market value.

Reactions: Renopucker

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
NEVER!

Basically if Jeannot's skating doesn't improve through this season, shit on him all you want. A full off season and season with Barb should be able to sort anyone out, but if it doesn't improve there, then it never will. Park him in front of the net, get up his points and trade him in the second year for picks or something.

This is how he scored 24 with Nashville, but last year there was a huge shift in how he played and he took most of his shots from further out. Honestly it's an easy fix to get him back to 20+ goals if he goes back to the crease.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty

Pretty sure it was Mr "high level experience"/"elite fan" and if you give me enough time I'll think of the name.

Edit: Matt Watson.

Stammertime singlehandedly ended that man's career while I sat back on the WWE style steel chair eating peanuts I was prepared to use in case Stammer by himself wasn't enough

Matt Watson?

Yup I just thought of it. That guy was a gem

He's not Byr?
Lmao. It's actually Todd. His punctuation and posting years ago annoyed me. I'm too petty to see if anything has changed. Squidward joins him now.

And there's no way I have Matthelangelo Watson blocked. I'm waiting in the shadows for new material.

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
The minimum that JBB could sign tanner for, is the same as what tanner signed for, that’s how it works.

Does everyone think that JBB is purposefully signing contracts in bad faith, for uhhh reasons?

What other player would we want, that would fill the same role, for cheaper? Reaves is slower and even shittier on offense/defense.

You can think that jeannot sucks, And that the trade was bad, but this was market value.

Could have always let Jeannot go to arbitration and he would have got less. JBB obviously sees Jeannot as a valuable piece so he bought an extra year for a higher price. We are going to see if that was the right move. I think you are saying this was probably the best of the possible outcomes from the position we are in now and I agree, but the problem is obviously the trade that put us into the position of needing to sign him to begin with.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stammertime91

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Or he'll "Myers" it and we will be left holding a giant bag of excrement for two years that cost us an entire drafts worth of picks

My God, if anyone is going to use Maroon as the comparison in an argument in favor of Jeannot please just take the L.

If Jeannot was signed to the 1 million Maroon or Perry got last year I would be happy. As a RFA he got almost as much as f***ing Duchene did on the open market.

The upsetting thing is this is part of a larger trend, where at one point we built a deep and talented roster by constructing it with players who were willing to sign a little under market value to build a championship team.

Now the reverse is true and overpaying complimentary lower line wingers by 25% is something we apparently are ok shrugging our shoulders at. Do you believe this will have no residual effects in future contract negotiations?

Hate to tell you but guys that hit get paid. Deslauriers makes 1.75M for the next 3 years and he's already 32 and doesn't have much offense. Hathaway just signed for 2.375M at 31 and his offense isn't better than Jeannot. Kolesar is at 1.4M, he's got shit offense. Acciari is making 2M at 31 and he's undersized and doesn't fight. Jeannot is 26, has a better offensive season than any of them have, can fight. This isn't the QMJHL we still need someone out there to keep teams in check and Jeannot does that and can score.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad