Confirmed with Link: Lightning re-sign Brayden Point | 3 years, $6.75M AAV

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Do you guys think Point will be as good as last year or regress point wise from last season?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The injury + missed camp will hold him back, I think. That said, I think he'll be money on the PP still.

Richard Cranium

Aug 17, 2019
Regression. If nothing else, because teams will scout his play more and put more effort into planning to play against his talents, whereas they probably directed that more towards Stammer before.
Who knows, is Stammer even playing C or W, or maybe we're going to swap back and forth throughout the season to keep teams guessing??

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'm going against the norm here... I think all three - Stammer, Pointer, and Kuch will increase their point totals from last year. Think Kuch is going to break 130 and the other two will each break 100...bold, I know.

Yeah, but if you remove the 20 points each player gets because Florida is a no tax state, it still works out to fewer points that the Leafs' trio.

Oh wait, it doesn't? Make it 30.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I'm going against the norm here... I think all three - Stammer, Pointer, and Kuch will increase their point totals from last year. Think Kuch is going to break 130 and the other two will each break 100...bold, I know.
I feel the same, only issues is Point missing the first month could hurt his point totals.

Reactions: BeingTheThunder

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Do you guys think Point will be as good as last year or regress point wise from last season?

If it’s like the Callahan hip surgery he is going to regress I don’t think point is a 92 point guy every year! He put up all those point with stamkos and Kucherov on the power play.

This year I think he pots 70-74 points he is still a damn good hockey player. It sounds like he could play a little earlier now then late October probably mid October now.

This year he will be better scouted by team and his injury he will go down in points for sure. But of course I don’t think Kucherov is putting up 128 points again also probably 95 to 105 points for Kucherov.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Take your time though, Pointer. Season’s long enough. Don’t pull a Callahan because “warrior”.

Well Callahan that year got the surgery in June I think point got his surgery right after the season ended in April. So Callahan got that hip surgery in June and came back late October which I thought was about 1 month too soon.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
The injury + missed camp will hold him back, I think. That said, I think he'll be money on the PP still.

Ya but I don’t think point was going to be skating day one at camp anyway with his surgery over the summer. I think he said he just started skating like 2 or 3 weeks ago since the surgery.

He will still get the points playing with Hedman, stamkos and Kucherov on that power play for sure but he will drop down a bit.!

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think he'll drop under a ppg, but then get back up next year.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
So yeah...

3bwy5w.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad