Confirmed with Link: Lightning re-sign Brayden Point | 3 years, $6.75M AAV

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
sorry that trusted a friend about as close to mr point as anyone ive seen with any athlete in a very long time in him saying pointer was 100%.... i did come out day before mentioning the hip surgery and that might be why jbb felt no need to budge but i talked to this friend todd knows him hes tight with point and he said pointer was 100% i thought i would get good data from him but didnt..... so explains for sure why jbb didnt have to rush to a deal :) good news is we got the deal done and he will be fine.... moving forward interesting take from some of you on leafs .... anywy lets go get the cup

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
sorry that trusted a friend about as close to mr point as anyone ive seen with any athlete in a very long time in him saying pointer was 100%.... i did come out day before mentioning the hip surgery and that might be why jbb felt no need to budge but i talked to this friend todd knows him hes tight with point and he said pointer was 100% i thought i would get good data from him but didnt..... so explains for sure why jbb didnt have to rush to a deal :) good news is we got the deal done and he will be fine.... moving forward interesting take from some of you on leafs .... anywy lets go get the cup

You said something I cant remember if it was before the weekend or during it saying that they were close if Im not mistaken.

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
Transcript from JFBBs conference call after re-signing Point:

BriseBois: 'Brayden and the organization are happy with the terms'
I specifically liked where JBB said the following:

"I would be remised if I didn't mention that I'm well aware that there's a narrative that our players have over the last few years, worked with the organization to come to terms on contracts that allow us to keep our players and keep our group going forward and allow us to have the best team possible on the ice. Brayden is the latest example of that and it all started with Steven Stamkos a few years back. By no means do we take that for granted, and we'd like to thank Brayden for working with us here and giving us the best chance of winning the Stanley Cup not only for this season, but for the coming years as well."

Last edited:

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009

"I would be remised if I didn't mention that I'm well aware that there's a narrative that our players have over the last few years, worked with the organization to come to terms on contracts that allow us to keep our players and keep our group going forward and allow us to have the best team possible on the ice. Brayden is the latest example of that and it all started with Steven Stamkos a few years back. By no means do we take that for granted, and we'd like to thank Brayden for working with us here and giving us the best chance of winning the Stanley Cup not only for this season, but for the coming years as well."

Oh so in other words CupsOverCash!!:nod:

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida

Excellent sound bite. Glad to see him acknowledge the players that have done that.

Reactions: BeingTheThunder

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Was finally able to purchase the black third jersey with Point's name on it that I had been wanting.

Just in time for the season to start!! :cool:

I got the stamkos black Jersey I wish they would keep the current loga and just make the jerseys black again get away from the maple leafs colors

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
I think we got 3 years with this core at the most before they trade off all of killorn, Johnson and just let Palat walk after 3 years

The core is signed for a long time. We have much longer than that with the core: Stamkos, Kuch, Point, Hedman, McDonagh, and Vasi. Anyone getting 6+ years on their contract is core. The majority of the long standing contributors will indeed start moving...Killorn, Palat, TJ, Paquette, Gourde, and even Coburn is on his last contract I’d say. Can the kids in Syracuse replace this amount of talent though?

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

Alpha recognize alpha

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

Me right now listening to this

tenor.gif

And oh yeah.... Point's not gonna make more than Kucherov. He'll sign for 8 years x $9 million AAV and we're all gonna LOL

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Just good to have him skating with the team again.

I think it's highly likely that he'll have an off year, with the injury and the missed camp. But whatever. If he's at full speed by playoffs, we're a much better team. Ecstatic he's back.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->