Recalled/Assigned: Lightning re-call Andrei Vasilevskiy | Ben Bishop dealing with "minor nagging issue"

wxkid23

Oct 7, 2014
Kissimmee, FL
It's been said MANY times before but having TOO MANY goalies is a GOOD thing. Obviously many on here have forgot how BAD the last 10 years have been in net for us

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
It's been said MANY times before but having TOO MANY goalies is a GOOD thing. Obviously many on here have forgot how BAD the last 10 years have been in net for us

Exactly, not like it stunts Vasilevskiys development if he has to be an NHL backup for a year.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The reality is the Russian is better RIGHT NOW.

We've seen him play 3 games in the NHL and, not to spoil the party, but there are some clear faults still in his game. Bishop is a very good NHL starter. You don't just trade those on a hunch.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
The earliest we should even think of trading Bishop is in the summer of 2016. And even that is only a good idea if Vasya steals Bishops starting job over next season and provs his worth in the following playoffs.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
Rest assured, Bish won't be going anywhere until 2016 at the earliest. They're likely using this as an opportunity to assess where Vasya truly is in terms of his development.

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
Boltman and some others just seem to want whatever is new. ALWAYS. It's baffling, absolutely. Not content with what we have and always wanting something new. Creating problems where we don't have them under the guise that it's thinking outside the box you guys!!!111 What's next? Trading Hedman for some picks because those might turn into something 7 years from now? We have a good team and at some point you have to stop tinkering and let the guys play hockey.

Stamper

Mar 26, 2014
In the woods
And talking about some strawmans dear Boltman, we all know everybody was in on trading Purcell for a bag of used pucks, and Thompson was so worthless that he went to Ducks, team that is considered atleast as good as we are, if not better.

I love some of your posts man, but sometimes you just tick me like nothing else :laugh:

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
So you want to give up a good 1st round pick, a top 9 forward, a top 10 goalie, and another prospect, for a backup goalie and a number 4 dman?

No thanks.

I'm still absolutely amazed by TB fans wanting to ship the best goalie we have had in 10 years off so quickly. It's mind boggling.

Shattenkirk is not a top 4 d-man... Shattenkirk is a top pairing D and would be easily the best offensive d-man in our team.
That being said, I would not do that deal.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Shattenkirk is not a top 4 d-man... Shattenkirk is a top pairing D and would be easily the best offensive d-man in our team.
That being said, I would not do that deal.

People love shiny new things. His career high is 45 points with 81 games played. He is a good dman sure. He wouldn't be the best offensively and he wouldn't be top pairing unless chemistry dictated.

He's had a great 29 games to start the season but let's not get crazy. And my main point was he is certainly not worth Bishop and a first round pick.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
tumblr_lkqm0enAZt1qh59n0o1_500.gif

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
I'm feeling pretty confident that Vasi's development will go like this.

2014-2015 AHL Starter
2015-2016 NHL Backup
2016-2017 NHL Starter (Bishop Traded. Only if Vasi is excelling, if not he will continue as NHL Backup.)

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
Ditto. Bishop is our first consistently solid goalie since Nik freaking Khabibulin 10 years ago.

Yeah, I still maintain he is slightly injury prone. But what the hell, he is the first goaltender we had that stabilized the position. Why trade that away in a hurry until we have found someone that can take the reigns that we are fully confident in? I don't understand it...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad