Post-Game Talk: Lightning doesn't strike twice. Habs win

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land

ssssssSuffering ssssssSucatash !!!!!!
I Told You We Can Beat the Lightnings !!
sylvestre le chat.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: MarkovsKnee

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I don't understand people who oppose trading him if a high first/blue chip is offered.
I haven't seen any posters decline a high first/blue chip for him. Many here are willing to get rid of him at all costs, and some want full value and think he's worth more than a late 1st.

Reactions: SupRocket

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Yeah let's forget his size speed leadership and physicality and how that helps us and is hard for the opposition. His cap hit is not entirely wrapped in his production, nor does his cap hinder us in anyway. I for one am glad he's on our roster.
I agree the cap hit is not a problem but I have to challenge your here: what leadership?

We've been stinky garbage for two straight years now. Of what value is this leadership? What is its impact? I'd hope the whole aura/leadership mumbo jumbo would be cast aside by this point.

Question: Would we look worse or have worse results if Anderson's leadership wasn't present? Yes or No?

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
I agree the cap hit is not a problem but I have to challenge your here: what leadership?

We've been stinky garbage for two straight years now. Of what value is this leadership? What is its impact? I'd hope the whole aura/leadership mumbo jumbo would be cast aside by this point.

Question: Would we look worse or have worse results if Anderson's leadership wasn't present? Yes or No?

Are you seriously asking what value there is to leadership to a team laden with youth and rookies just trying to find their way in hopes of becoming better than they yet are? Why don't you ask his teammates, the front office or coaching staff what this leadership means. Yes we've sucked for two years, bound to suck even longer I'm afraid, but the leadership given now on this growing team will bear fruit later. It's like asking a parent what good is guidance now if they're not yet able to fully embrace and manifest it. This is why it's important to have leaders on a rebuilding team to help build that culture.

What kind of team can survive without leadership? Who wants to sail a rudderless boat. Why bother?

Let's get rid of the coaches and front office too! Who needs that kind of leadership? Mumbo Jumbo indeed!

Jesus, even when we get good, we're still going to need leadership. Hopefully the youth will eventually grow enough to become those leaders and than it's their turn and the cycle will continue.

Do you honestly think ANY team has ever won ANYTHING without their leaders showing the way?

As for your question, It's not Anderson's fault nor the other leaders on this particular iteration of this team that it happens to be in it's infancy. Ofcourse we have poor results, it's expected. But do not mistake that MSL the front office and the veterans aren't trying to lead this team to a better place.

Last edited:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Still pissed about the slew foot & hold by Sergachev that refs completely ignored, but hoping Anderson isn't too seriously injured.

Reactions: Redux91

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
Ya he's a dirty player and gets away with so much. Would have been nice if he stayed on our side however.
And once again the striped donkeys didn't even call a penalty ,buttman's bush league.This is exactly the reason you can't abolish fighting,it may not have happened last night but hopefully we return Sergachev the favor next year.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Are you seriously asking what value there is to leadership to a team laden with youth and rookies just trying to find their way in hopes of becoming better than they yet are? Why don't you ask his teammates, the front office or coaching staff what this leadership means. Yes we've sucked for two years, bound to suck even longer I'm afraid, but the leadership given now on this growing team will bear fruit later. It's like asking a parent what good is guidance now if they're not yet able to fully embrace and manifest it. This is why it's important to have leaders on a rebuilding team to help build that culture.

What kind of team can survive without leadership? Who wants to sail a rudderless boat. Why bother?

Let's get rid of the coaches and front office too! Who needs that kind of leadership? Mumbo Jumbo indeed!

Jesus, even when we get good, we're still going to need leadership. Hopefully the youth will eventually grow enough to become those leaders and than it's their turn and the cycle will continue.

Do you honestly think ANY team has ever won ANYTHING without their leaders showing the way?

As for your question, It's not Anderson's fault nor the other leaders on this particular iteration of this team that it happens to be in it's infancy. Ofcourse we have poor results, it's expected. But do not mistake that MSL the front office and the veterans aren't trying to lead this team to a better place.
You haven’t quantified or qualified the impact and effect of Anderson’s supposed leadership capabilities. What is his impact on our results or performances?

If we’re bottom5 in the NHL with his leadership, can we live without it?

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
You haven’t quantified or qualified the impact and effect of Anderson’s supposed leadership capabilities. What is his impact on our results or performances?

Isn't that the whole point of leadership being an intangible. You cant quantify it in a number. This team could have prime Mark Messier leadership and they would still be terrible. Would you argue that the guy they named a leadership award after is a poor leader? Do you want the poster to look into an alternate timeline where the team without Josh Anderson is better or worse?

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

In fairness there was no evidence of Weber being a good leader until he, Price, and Perry led the team to the finals.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Isn't that the whole point of leadership being an intangible. You cant quantify it in a number. This team could have prime Mark Messier leadership and they would still be terrible. Would you argue that the guy they named a leadership award after is a poor leader? Do you want the poster to look into an alternate timeline where the team without Josh Anderson is better or worse?
The point is Anderson’s leadership could be top notch but the net impact is clearly minuscule. It’s overstated. It’s boring. It’s a crutch.
In fairness there was no evidence of Weber being a good leader until he, Price, and Perry led the team to the finals.

My theory is that intangibles have a TINY effect. The Habs could’ve lost in the first round and that would’ve been that. They’re leadership didn’t win us those games but it might’ve helped I still the fight in players to claw more. But the clawing, the ability to get something from the clawing, and the ability to leverage that into success comes more from talent and skill than intangibles.

Carey Price took us to the Cup Finals and as soon as he faltered the team fell apart.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad